The Official Blazin's Truck is a Piece of Shit Thread

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Anybody in the Phila Area have access to find me a flexplate for a 2.8L S-10/Jimmy/Blazer ASAP, like tomorrow?

Its 148 tooth, 12.40" OD for automatic trans

My truck was making a chattering noise so thinking it was the converter I pulled the trans out to find my flexplate is cracked all the way around...

Im sure I could find one at the U-Pull-It but Im not about to pull out a transmission while on the ground without air tools.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Anybody in the Phila Area have access to find me a flexplate for a 2.8L S-10/Jimmy/Blazer ASAP, like tomorrow?

Its 148 tooth, 12.40" OD for automatic trans

My truck was making a chattering noise so thinking it was the converter I pulled the trans out to find my flexplate is cracked all the way around...

Im sure I could find one at the U-Pull-It but Im not about to pull out a transmission while on the ground without air tools.
try venice auto parts, or lou's if push comes to shove hit up a chevy dealer but you might pay dearly for it... i dont know ive never bought one. there's a ton of those motors out there you might even be able to get it at your local parts house, isnt there an O'rileys next to home depot in clifton?

venice should have it

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
yeah, they dont have it.

Dealer isnt an option really because of the price. I found a bunch online, but I need to get this fixed tomorrow.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
A guy i work with just blew his jimmy up. Its sitting on the road here next to work in Harleysville (not to far from philly). Come steal the part you need. Seriously though, i bet you could pick the whole thing up cheap. He blew some pump in the tranny, and has no plans to get it fixed. Let me know if you want his number.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
try venice

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I'll call Venice, but I really dont like dealing with those Southwest junkyards...they are all fuckers down there...ignorant and ripoffs.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I'll call Venice, but I really dont like dealing with those Southwest junkyards...they are all fuckers down there...ignorant and ripoffs.
yep.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Oil is the only thing i would buy there. Why would you use the shit Chinese parts they sell?
if your car is broke down and you need a part and they have it quite frankly it doesn't matter where its fucking made as long as it gets you on your way. that and all the parts are made some ware else i cant count the number of parts that are on you car from another country, chances are that the very part you buy from an after market retailer is the same part that was sold to the manufacture

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
if your car is broke down and you need a part and they have it quite frankly it doesn't matter where its fucking made as long as it gets you on your way. that and all the parts are made some ware else i cant count the number of parts that are on you car from another country, chances are that the very part you buy from an after market retailer is the same part that was sold to the manufacture
I done with using cheap parts. It just not worth the hassle losing a day work and having paying employees to sit on the side of the road because I saved $5. on a part.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I found a flexplate at the local engine shop. Brand new, made in USA! Cost me $40

Installed it, put the trans back in, all is good!

Autozone does carry some shitty parts though. It really depends on what you need , how much money you want to spend, and how bad you need it. Their prices are alot lower than say Pep Boys, and if they have a warranty, I'll buy from them. For example, an alternator is like $45 at AZ, and 89+ at Pep Boys. It comes with a lifetime warranty and takes 8 minutes to replace in my truck. So it makes sense.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
More fun today, I have a nice leak coming front the front of the trans. Seems like its the front pump seal, or thats what Im hoping. Its leaking pretty good.

I just replaced the front seal about 6 months ago for the same problem. I wonder why it failed again. Perhaps the cracked flywheel issue fucked it up.

Hopefully i can pull it out tomorrow if my friend's lift is available.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
seems like you're a little snake bit bro

but you're luckier than the average idiot
you know people in the business
and can fix stuff yourself

it'll get better dude , i'm sure

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
The cracked flywheel could have fucked up the seal. When you drop
the box make sure that you don't have excessive play in the pump.
The vibration from the bad flywheel could have damaged the pump
or the converter. Make sure there's no grooves in the sealing surface
of the converter too. They can wear and cause seals to fail early.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Yeah, If i had access to the lift and had the $3 seal, I'd do it now.

I changed the torque converter while I had the trans out. Maybe thats messed up. Im going to change the seal and put my old converter back in and i hope it solves it.

This turd just has to last until I find a new(er) truck.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i hate working on my own shit because of stuff just like that, it turns into a fucking pit

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Fixed! It was the seal apparently because its not leaking anymore (yet)

Total Cost: $5.99 + 2 qts of trans fluid

Pull in the garage to driving out = 3 hours, 45 minutes. Not bad.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
it will be a u joint next
lets get a pool going the next thing to break on his truck

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I did the U-joints about 3 or 4 years ago.

Fuel Pump less than a year ago.

Rear Diff - Maybe, it was in my 500horsepower Blazer and I switched them because it has 3.73 gears in it. It certainly has taken a bit of abuse. Luckily my truck has 125hp/150tq and doesnt put much strain on the rear.

I broke the door handle last night, which blows because I had them painted and cleared to match the truck. Im going to try to fix it with some metal epoxy.