The Official Impact Wrestling Thread

Lord Zero

This can't be good.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-im...e-company-future-bully-ray-takes-twitter-shot

Bully Ray takes Twitter shot at TNA amidst reports that talent have heard nothing from management about company's future
By Sean Rueter on Nov 12 2014, 3:20p

Reports started coming out yesterday with a PWInsider.com podcast that TNA talent were getting more and more nervous because there's been no word from management about a new television deal or the company's future. Some wrestlers reportedly haven't heard from Dixie Carter, John Gaburick or the team since the last television episodes were taped back in September.

There have been rumors that a new television deal was imminent, even if it was at a greatly discounted rate, and possibly even back with Spike TV, the Viacom-owned channel by whom TMZ reporting that Impact had been cancelled started all of this drama back in the summer. But as days and weeks go by without an announcement, fan - and apparently employee - confidence that the promotion can be saved is disappearing.

Now, as one of only two remaining episodes of Impact is set to air tonight at 9PM Eastern (Spike has announced that a movie will air on November 27th rather than TNA's usual Thanksgiving show, and there's no more new content to show in December, despite assurances that Impact would continue to air on Spike through the end of 2014), one of the company's most popular performers has fired a slightly cryptic but he-knew-how-everyone-would-take-it message at the company via Twitter:
Bully Ray @REALBully5150 Follow
When Generals do not properly communicate with their soldiers, consider the war lost and the soldiers dead.

2:07 PM - 12 Nov 2014
Ray and his Team 3D partner Devon used their recent trip to Japan with TNA, where they were inducted into the company's Hall of Fame, to throw their hats in the ring with New Japan Pro Wrestling - who announced recently that they have something TNA doesn't have, which is a North American pay-per-view (PPV) scheduled in the new year - so it's not surprising that he and his veteran salary would be out the door, whether Impact found a home or not.

But even when it was believed that he'd be leaving the company in the past, his social media messaging has been positive, or at least encouraging to those still planning to work for TNA. This is a marked departure from that.

Is it the latest sign of the end of TNA?

Lord Zero

Dixie Carter should just have the company file for bankruptcy already. She is making an absolute fool out of herself at this point.
TNA just got a deal on a network that only reaches half of their current audience. That's good news and worse news at the same time.

TNA are in sad shape, doing half a million viewers on some obscure cable channel....but I will stand by my assessment. They were a viable no.2 promotion. Something that ROH will never accomplish or get close to...just look at TNA in London:

ROH will never get there, not in a million years. ROH will never do the numbers that TNA did for Slammiversary/Lockdown/Bound for glory.

ROH is such a crappy promotion.

Lord Zero

TNA are in sad shape, doing half a million viewers on some obscure cable channel....but I will stand by my assessment. They were a viable no.2 promotion. Something that ROH will never accomplish or get close to...just look at TNA in London:

That's England. TNA has always done well in London. They don't get anywhere near that in the States.
ROH will never get there, not in a million years. ROH will never do the numbers that TNA did for Slammiversary/Lockdown/Bound for glory.

ROH is such a crappy promotion.
Why, just because they're smaller than TNA? That's a pretty good reason if you're willing to put aside things like storyline coherence and consistency, good booking, and good wrestling. Without useless things like engaging storylines, great matches, and great build-ups, you're right, they're terrible.

That's England. TNA has always done well in London. They don't get anywhere near that in the States.

Why, just because they're smaller than TNA? That's a pretty good reason if you're willing to put aside things like storyline coherence and consistency, good booking, and good wrestling. Without useless things like engaging storylines, great matches, and great build-ups, you're right, they're terrible.

"That's England. TNA has always
done well in London. They don't
get anywhere near that in the
States."

but this time it was without sting, Hogan and even jeff hardy( I think)

and for several years they did draw those.kind.of.crowds here for their three major ppvs.

why don't I like roh? their production values are horrible, they draw the 100+ crowds (as bad as the impact zone was, they usually had 1000 people there)

briscoe isn't a great champion, his promos are 80s style over the top.

I watched their NY ppv from.december and I think it's the worst ppvs i have watched. all matches were really bad, the only good match was the tag team title match.

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
TNA pulled a 0.06 in the ratings for the 18-49 demographic on May 22.
Jesus. I know it's bad to be happy for TNA to go out of business, but it really needs to. There are too many people there who are being ruined by being associated with that company and the longer it goes, the more time they're wasting.