The official "I've canceled the Anthony Cumia Show" thread

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
This is the companion thread to @VMS original thread - you know, when we were all full of hope and looking forward to the 55 Gallon Drum challenge?

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/the-official-ive-signed-up-for-the-anthony-cumia-show-thread.157829/

I'm not going to pretend to be outraged by the Doxxing thing. Ant eventually going to war with one of his sycophant fans that took things too far was inevitable.

The number one reason I'm cancelling is that I simply haven't watched his show. I saw the first couple of episodes, tuned in to his coverage of one of the race riots, and of course watched the Greggshells show. There hasn't been a ton of activity in the listening threads or a lot of buzz here that the show has been a must watch. It's on at an awkward time, and he's just not getting any guests that I'm interested in.

I was going to just let it renew and hope things got better after he moved into the city, but his current meltdown doesn't make me feel like any positive changes are coming for the show.

Ditto97

Professor of White Male Studies
I want to be included. Can I subscribe just so I can cancel?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I will NOT be canceling. #rebel

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
I didnt renew after the first 6-months because of my shitty laptop but dont miss the show to be honest.

What's the latest meltdown? I haven't listened since May probably.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I was only a month to month sub and just didn't renew last time. Honestly, I wasn't really watching it anyway. I don't expect much from the new studio, so barring anything major, I'm done with TACS.

I'm pretty much done with all radio/podcasts though. I've just been reading more.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
This is the companion thread to @VMS original thread - you know, when we were all full of hope and looking forward to the 55 Gallon Drum challenge?

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/the-official-ive-signed-up-for-the-anthony-cumia-show-thread.157829/

I'm not going to pretend to be outraged by the Doxxing thing. Ant eventually going to war with one of his sycophant fans that took things too far was inevitable.

The number one reason I'm cancelling is that I simply haven't watched his show. I saw the first couple of episodes, tuned in to his coverage of one of the race riots, and of course watched the Greggshells show. There hasn't been a ton of activity in the listening threads or a lot of buzz here that the show has been a must watch. It's on at an awkward time, and he's just not getting any guests that I'm interested in.

I was going to just let it renew and hope things got better after he moved into the city, but his current meltdown doesn't make me feel like any positive changes are coming for the show.

Yeah....

I have the show going straight to my iPod as a podcast. And like you, I think I listened to it during the B'more riots, but that's about it.

It's just not the same with O&A split. It was a fun show before, that I could turn in any time, but now I've dropped my satellite sub and I won't be renewing my TACS sub. I guess it'll just be podcasts from here on out, since O&A ruined me for regular radio.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
What's the latest meltdown? I haven't listened since May probably.
There's a whole thread on it

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/anthony-has-done-something-i-thought-impossible.162395/

Long story short: Anthony took part in a roast. Some say he bombed. Ant got into it with some folks about the bombing on twitter and reddit. Things escalated. Ant DM'd someone on Twitter that he had obtained their personal info and then bragged about it on his show. The backlash has been pretty brutal. There was also an incident where Brother Joe got into it with some kid and then he and Anthony put up a bounty for anyone that would help them doxx a person who jumped into that argument.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/anthony-has-done-something-i-thought-impossible.162395/

Long story short: Anthony took part in a roast. Some say he bombed. Ant got into it with some folks about the bombing on twitter and reddit. Things escalated. Ant DM'd someone on Twitter that he had obtained their personal info and then bragged about it on his show. The backlash has been pretty brutal. There was also an incident where Brother Joe got into it with some kid and then he and Anthony put up a bounty for anyone that would help them doxx a person who jumped into that argument.
Long story short shortened: AntH is more JoeH than JoeH is AntH.

Oh I did catch snippets of JoeH trying to pay people to dox that guy. Like a day after he posted on Facebook that he could get anybody's address that he wanted and do whatever he wanted with it. Guess he couldn't.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Oh I did catch snippets of JoeH trying to pay people to dox that guy. Like a day after he posted on Facebook that he could get anybody's address that he wanted and do whatever he wanted with it. Guess he couldn't.
He's also disappointed to find out that there aren't actually any sexy singles in his area waiting to chat with him.

I set my annual sub not to renew months ago during a string of redundant blacks/cops shows. Just to be sure it wouldn't auto renew if I forgot to cancel.

I didn't cancel because:

He's racist
He's a drunk and it clearly hampers shows when he's too drunk
His Twitter
His politics
Who he sticks his dick in
Gregshells or the occasional shots on Opie (though I think it's douchey)
Whatever is going on with this doxxing shit

I'm canceling because the show just sucks and I don't even want to watch it for free at this point.

Madness

I cancelled in May. I just wasn't enjoying the show anymore. The Ron appearance was the first time I had tuned in in months so I just cancelled.

Madness

Don't forget his Hawaiian vacation where he spent hours complaining about black people on Twitter and bashing Opie.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I stopped watching over the Christmas
break and never went back.
Just wasn't enough to hold my interest.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I never subscribed in the first place and feel very good about that decision reading these threads.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
I never subscribed in the first place and feel very good about that decision reading these threads.
Neither did I. But it's not hard to guess what would/did happen based on past performance plus internet comments.

I just went to cancel my account officially because I haven't tuned in. Turns out it was cancelled for me 2 months ago because I never updated my billing info. It's been that long.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
I subbed for the first month and was already bored with it. Only been a few shows since that I was sorry to have missed.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
I had a month-to-month sub for the first six months of the show, and finally cancelled after only listening to occasional saved shows and maybe parts of five live or on-demand videos. Lost interest quickly ...

noregrets418

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse
I cancelled way back in January. For $1 more you can subscribe to Netflix every month and have much more entertainment options.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Couldn't get through the last live show. So I decided to pull the plug early. Good bye, Ant.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Was just thinking the same thing. I knew based on the time it's on I'd never watch. I did see a link of something he did on Facebook i think where he did a Chris Hansen "To Catch a Predator" that was funny but other than watching the original Opie bash it's all that I've seen

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
My subscription is set to renew next week, but I recently got a new card, so I'm just going to let it expire. What a boring human being this guy has become.

Same here. Ant is (or at least was) a funny guy and his firing was bullshit, but the downward spiral I've been hearing about is just sad.