The Official Linger Longer Thread

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
We all know how much Opie loves to tell us how we must "Linger Longer" to get some of the inside jokes. Let this thread be a way for those in the know to unmask the Linger Longer moment.

Yesterday while interviewing the boring and frigid Renee, Opie was trying to delve into her sex life.
She resisted going into details about her sex life.
This prompted Opie to say he wish he had the Scott Munie clip.
He said Erock laughed becaue he got the joke.
Then in his Greaseman voice, he told us we must "Linger Longer" to get that one.

I am guessing that the Munie clip, he was talking about, was "Virgin" supposing that Renee has not done the deed.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
We all know how much Opie loves to tell us how we must "Linger Longer" to get some of the inside jokes. Let this thread be a way for those in the know to unmask the Linger Longer moment.

Yesterday while interviewing the boring and frigid Renee, Opie was trying to delve into her sex life.
She resisted going into details about her sex life.
This prompted Opie to say he wish he had the Scott Munie clip.
He said Erock laughed becaue he got the joke.
Then in his Greaseman voice, he told us we must "Linger Longer" to get that one.

I am guessing that the Munie clip, he was talking about, was "Virgin" supposing that Renee has not done the deed.
Yes, because later in the show they played it real quick.

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
But how did it tie to Scott Muni.. Was he a virgin or did they just happen to have a clip of him saying virgin?

If they just had the clip that's pretty impressive that Opie and Erock can remember some old clip of Scott muni saying virgin and finding it pretty quickly

Johnny Cakes

Obama president Nah!
Back in the day, they used the "virgin" clip whenever they played anything by the Olsen Twins.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Liiiiiinger longerrrrrrreeeeaaa

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
The Muni "virgin" clip is an O&A classic.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
But how did it tie to Scott Muni.. Was he a virgin or did they just happen to have a clip of him saying virgin?

If they just had the clip that's pretty impressive that Opie and Erock can remember some old clip of Scott muni saying virgin and finding it pretty quickly
Scott Muni is definitely NOT a virgin. There's a famous story about how his wife had their child the same day and down the hall from when Yoko Ono gave birth to Sean Lennon and he bumped into John in the hospital hallways.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Scott Muni is definitely NOT a virgin. There's a famous story about how his wife had their child the same day and down the hall from when Yoko Ono gave birth to Sean Lennon and he bumped into John in the hospital hallways.
and Muni missed his chance to save the world that day:arrrh:

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
"Linger Longer" is becoming one of Mr. Kimothee's favorite lines, since now he's been listening long enough to get some of the in-jokes. I did have to giggle at him the other day though when they did the UPS clip. He started laughing (I figured that he *had* to have heard that before), I asked him, he said "no, but I guess I'll have to linger loooonger!"

This is a guy who doesn't even have a CD player in his car (and he has a nice car, just older) and I get the feeling he might just be asking for an XM soon enough (I keep offering, he keeps declining, but he's getting sucked into the show enough it just might happen).

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Muni is dead:action-sm
Yeah - it happened just before the boys came back on XM. Earl was pissed that the Retarded Laverne & Shirley were at his services like it was a party.

Yeah - it happened just before the boys came back on XM. Earl was pissed that the Retarded Laverne & Shirley were at his services like it was a party.
Let's make this into a "one event leads to another" game of sorts... the Retarded Laverne and Shirley were Marian and Lady Di (not just a name, but a good idea). They were best friends for years and babbled asses on air. There was a divide and conquer when Marian got a catch phrase, while Lady Di didn't, during a bit where the two of them read movie scripts to famous movies. Marian's catchphrase was "Let's do it" from Animal House. Which I believe she made a catchphrase T-shirt, following the lead of Paul "Juicy Lips" Mercurio, whom had a "Kathleen, put your Goddamn close back on" catch phrase T-shirt. The short lived fame from this T-shirt would be the inspiration that fueled Paul Mercurio to not back down and walk away from the NYPD, and ultimately got the O&A show canceled. While some people blame Al Dukes for not dumping out, in the end it was Bill Donahue from the Catholic League that forced the WNEW management's hand to not bad the show. Bill Donahue is now a friend of the show, but still a complete, lying asshole. All of this was poorly transcribed on live TV the next day by "Psycho" Mark Walsh on Fox News, whom was a spotter on the day of the SFS3 event. In the end, I believe it was Rick Delgado's team that won the game.

Anyone want to take over, or is this gay?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
"Linger Longer" is becoming one of Mr. Kimothee's favorite lines, since now he's been listening long enough to get some of the in-jokes. I did have to giggle at him the other day though when they did the UPS clip. He started laughing (I figured that he *had* to have heard that before), I asked him, he said "no, but I guess I'll have to linger loooonger!"

This is a guy who doesn't even have a CD player in his car (and he has a nice car, just older) and I get the feeling he might just be asking for an XM soon enough (I keep offering, he keeps declining, but he's getting sucked into the show enough it just might happen).
Ehhh- I thought Kimothee was a girl. Or maybe a couple like TomKat or HuGo. Or at least maybe a "friend" of Jimmie's.
:icon_redf:mad4::icon_eek::icon_evil:icon_roll

Wilmington WOW

opie today " another one for the people who like to linger longer"

Ant "pieces of columbia university were used to build the space shuttle endevrorororr"

ok this one is pretty obvious - no explanation needed

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
I was just curious what got Opie on his linger-longer kick. It seemed to come from nowhere (people made old jokes long before the past week or so) and now he does it whenever he possibly can.

And yes, I know "linger longer" came from Greaseman but why he's utilizing it in this fashion at this moment I'm not sure.

Redding

Why can't us?
I was just curious what got Opie on his linger-longer kick. It seemed to come from nowhere (people made old jokes long before the past week or so) and now he does it whenever he possibly can.

And yes, I know "linger longer" came from Greaseman but why he's utilizing it in this fashion at this moment I'm not sure.
might be a way to let people know that the reference is old and a way to get people to listen to the show longer...

Wilmington WOW

ha ha nice one
"mention opie and anthony and get a free glass of grape soda"

linger longer

come on pests, lil help here

Woodfloorlicker

Host, "The Radio Freaks" & Meaty Breasted Zilch
ha ha nice one
"mention opie and anthony and get a free glass of grape soda"

linger longer

come on pests, lil help here
Well, I know that back in the WNEW days when O&A would do live reads for Paesano's of Mulberry Street, part of the commercial was that if you mentioned the O&A Show to Joey Paesano (the owner and good friend of the show), he'd give you a free glass of wine.

But I'm not sure where the grape soda part comes in.....

FredThe4thMic

Censorship goes Cumsies
Chugga chugga chugga chugga WHOMP

Linggeeeeeeeer longyerrrrrrrr