OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Official MLB Banning Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BIV, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

This is going to be so huge, I figured it could use it's own thread.

2. jshep

jshep speed freak

Good. If MLB truly wanted to clean the game up they would remove all mention of any known ped users. Put hr record back to 61/755. Make it known you cheat you are gone. Secondly get rid of all the writers who sat by and did nothing during the 90's when they/owners/MLB let guys juice thier minds out. But the "greats" from the 50's-70's used amphetamines . It's a screwed up situation cause it seems MLB gets ripped worse than the other major sports for players behavior. Nobody really says anything to the thug nfl lifestyle. What is it about 37 players arrested in6 months and one for first degree murder

3. SallieTomato

SallieTomato Here'sh The Thing

I absolutely knew A-Roid would never play another game when he left last season.
    Expensive.
    Broken down.
    A juicer.
    Old.
    Who the fuck wants this sissy spic?

4. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Uggh. Now Sallie's posting in Sports?

5. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

I wish my team was good enough to have a player that needs suspending...fucking Loria.

6. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

I'm so fucking sick of A-Rod. I used to think people were being too hard on him, but he really is a narcissistic dickbag. He can't keep his stupid mouth shut even though he knows he's busted this time. When other players are owning up to what they did and accepting their suspensions and even the players' union is saying that they think anyone who is guilty should accept their punishment, this stupid prick is out there complaining about some JFK-like conspiracy to run him out of the league as if the entire world is stupid enough to believe that he's the one player involved in this who was set up. He's a fucking retard and I'd rather watch the Yankees have anyone but him at third base at this point. And fuck whichever Steinbrenner brother it was who caved and gave him another 10-year deal when he opted out and NOBODY else was going to give him that much money for 10 years.

7. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I love that A-Rod is going to be suspended until 2015, but he'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow night.

8. LilJimmyRbinson

LilJimmyRbinson Best muppet ever

I really really hate him and don't want him ever on the Yankees again...but how funny would it be if he hit 3HR tonight?

9. BIV

I hope A-fraud has a career ending injury tonight.

10. gorram

gorram ;)

Just bean him at every at bat.

11. BIV

The Mariners have one player effected by this, Montero, but he sucks the dick anyway, so fuck 'im.

Montero really should get his money back, it obviously didn't work.

12. domelogic

domelogic Registered User

I do not like the fact that these guys can cut deals. Braun should have gotten much worse especially since his team stinks this year so they lose nothing. Hell look at Ruiz for the phils, he has absolutely no power this year after being caught. I really thought the Arod being penciled in tonight is a ploy. It furthers the case of the Yanks not to pay him by saying they were going to play him but he got suspended but no suspensions yet.

I still have a hard time with Pete Rose being banned for life when they do not have any proof he threw a game(only during his coaching days) while betting but we have definite proof these steriod guys cheated non stop(as they are playing the game) and they do not get banned for life. This changed outcomes of games and impacted any and all records. Someone really needs to explain that one to me.

13. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

Pete Rose didn't grease the right palms.

14. samurai

samurai Ridiculum Anserini

Sadly, the A-Rod circus has come to my backyard.

Fortunately/unfortunately, my beloved White Sox are in a severe suckage mode, so I don't have to really watch any of this.

15. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

As much I don't like A-Rod, I still want the guy to get his money. The Yankees shouldn't be able to use the commissioner's office to help wipe away their dumb mistake of re-signing him. They have to live with that decision and figure out another way to fix it.

Looks like the Mariners got the worse part of that Pineda for Montero trade after all.

If I'm not mistaken, it says in every clubhouse that gambling on baseball is against the rules. If a rule for using PEDs' had been in place before the steroid era, than maybe a lifetime ban for users would have been appropriate.

I also have to disagree with you that PEDs' changed the outcomes of games. A pitcher still had to throw the pitch and a hitter still had to recognize what that pitch was to know he whether he should swing or not. Whose to say that without PEDS, the outcome would still have been the same.

As for changing records, if a individual wants to still believe that Hank Aaron is the all time homerun leader or Roger Maris has the record for most homeruns hit in one season, they are more than happy to do so. But I don't think those records should be officially changed by MLB. You're opening a serious can of worms if you were to do that.

Finally, if Tony Bosch can cut a deal to get a lighter sentence, than I have no problem with the players that he is ratting on doing the same.

16. hardhead

hardhead Registered User

Isn't it a little stupid that the WWE have a better drug policy than Major League Baseball.

17. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

A-Rod suspended until the end of 2014. But he gets to play through the appeal, and an arbitrator will eventually decide his final sentence.

The key in all this is that the Yankees just had 25 million shaved off their 2014 payroll. Winter is coming, and it's gonna be a fun one.

#17 Norm Stansfield, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  18. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I've seen no evidence of the commissioner's office ever doing a single god damn thing to favor the Yankees in any way. He's not gonna start now.

The reason why A-Rod is getting this bigger suspension is because he's been a bigger asshole than anyone else. Besides, the final decision will belong with the arbitrator, who's only interest in this matter is to objectively look at the evidence. If the commissioner really was just picking on A-Rod for no good reason, and A-Rod didn't interfere with the investigation, then the arbitrator will reduce his suspension to match that of the other players.

19. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I love the Nelson Cruz suspension.
    Because
    A. He could appeal and probably play out most of the season, and help the Rangers make the post-season
    Or.
    B. Take the suspension, BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO BE A FREE AGENT. So, when he's negotiating his next deal, he gets to start 2014. Not that he'll be out the first 50 games.

All about me...
    I guess he had some tummy-aches, and needed PEDS

20. Stormrider666

So does Nelson Cruz do the "right thing" in the eyes of the Rangers organization and appeal the suspension, so be can be around to help his team win a division title?

Or
    Does he do the other "right thing", admit what he did, say he is sorry, and accept his suspension?

21. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I thought he's already accepted the suspension, "All about me..."
    But I could be wrong, I've really not cared about any of this. It's taken too long.

MLB NET has been talking about this Live all-day. Eric Brynes just said that he played through the Steroids-Era, and that he didn't decide to not to steroids because he thought it was wrong. He didn't do them because of the side-effects...
    But then he talked about how the side effects he was worried about was premature balding and backne, nothing medical, just vanity.

I thought it was funny.
    "I would've done them, but I wanted this amazing hair and nice skin. Oh, there's other medical and anatomical side-effects as well? No biggie, as long as my back is smooth"
    [​IMG]

22. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

So I guess Melky and Bartolo Colon got nothing?

23. Stormrider666

I think its because they had already been suspended for previous bad acts.

24. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing.
    But, why have escalating penalties then? Why the "50, 150, Life" setup?

Is it because when they were popped last time it was from this same "Biogenisis Thing"
    A double jeopardy thing?

If they were different, I don't get it.

25. BIV

I believe they were cleared.