Jan 21, 2006
Pottersville, GA
Sad to say its over but it is.

How long til it starts again????

What yall waitin for next year?
:icon_roll88?:icon_roll

Well...

I'll start by:

David Ragan was awarded the NASCAR Busch Series Rookie of the Year title for 2007, giving car owner Jack Roush his third consecutive rookie-of-the-year title.

Ragan edged Marcos Ambrose by 27 points in the final rookie standings on the strength of two poles, four top-five and nine top-10 finishes. His best finish of the season was a third-place effort at Memphis Motorsports Park.

"It's very cool to be the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year," Ragan said. "Jack Roush has got a niche for finding younger guys that are able to come into this sport and do this. Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and my teammate last year Danny O'Quinn were all able to do that. It's cool to follow those guys. Hopefully, we'll continue on and follow these guys and win some races and win some championships."

Ragan finished out the season fifth in the championship standings.

I was worried that Jack was pushing too hard this past season by BOTH Busch ans Winston Cup (YES, BOTH WILL ALWAYS BE!!!!!!) But, I think he did good. I am going to shill for the kinfolk! Who am I kidding? I have been. Give him some time.

BTW.....SPY REPORT! SPY REPORT!

We found out last month that David's dad, Ken has lukemia.
Yall know he raced back in the '80s.
Thoughts and prayers, please. They are good people.

SteveSteele

1 dog's goin this way..1 dog's goin that way...
Nov 22, 2004
New Rochelle, NY
Damn, the season is over and I have nothing to watch anymore on Sundays (and the occassional Saturday night).

I guess I also have to buy some new Dale Jr merchandise. I'd like a hat but I want a fitted cap. Anyone know where to get them?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
3 months to go
it'll be here soon
FUCKIN' LOVVVE DAYTONA
was there in 94 or 95
can't remember exactly
went to the track 3 days

it was beautiful

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
3 months to go
it'll be here soon
FUCKIN' LOVVVE DAYTONA
was there in 94 or 95
can't remember exactly
went to the track 3 days

it was beautiful
I got to see Daytona last year after the Homestead race, I've never seen any sporting facility that big before in my life. Words can't describe what you think the first time you see it, other than "How the hell do the cars stay on the track"

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
DUDE
it's fucking MECCA
the whole 4 days were great
was there before for spring break
a fuckin' blast then too
don't know if it's ,ya know , changed since then
but had a blast both times

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
DUDE
it's fucking MECCA
the whole 4 days were great
was there before for spring break
a fuckin' blast then too
don't know if it's ,ya know , changed since then
but had a blast both times
I want to go to the 500 one day, but I want to take the two weeks and enjoy all of speedweeks, rent a rv, stay in the infield the whole time, have a blast.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
trust me
if you're a fan
you'll be in fucking heaven
haven't been to the Winnebago area at any race
hear that's great
but have had pre race access to Terry Labonte's tent gig at Pocono one year
and got to go to the garage area and pit road
cool shit

god i miss going to the races

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
hmmm
and the eighth letter of the alphabet is ?

that old gag

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Looks like Lowes is staying put, no shocker there.

From Jayski

Lowe's Motor Speedway will stay in Concord: Lowe's Motor Speedway will remain open in Concord, a speedway spokesman said late this afternoon. No details were immediately released. The speedway spokesman said more information would be released Monday. Speedway Motorsports Chairman Bruton Smith had said he would decide before Thanksgiving whether an incentives deal in the range of $70 million would convince him to spend $100 million to $200 million to renovate the 47-year-old speedway and build a $60 million drag strip at the racing facility. Concord City Council members initially blocked Smith from building his planned drag strip near the speedway, saying they were worried noise from the hot rods could carry into nearby neighborhoods. Smith then threatened to move Lowe's Motor Speedway, one of the county's biggest taxpayers, When Smith announced the Thanksgiving deadline, officials assumed "he would have everything he needs to do what he needs to do," said Cabarrus Economic Development leader John Cox. Cabarrus leaders have offered Smith incentives, which were outlined in an e-mail County Manager John Day sent to commissioners, county officials have said. The options include extending the George Liles Parkway to U.S. 29, replacing the U.S. 29/Rocky River bridge, providing structures to decrease noise from the drag strip and giving Smith property and sales tax rebates based on the amount of investment on the drag strip and speedway improvements.(Charlotte Observer)(11-21-2007)

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
The best thing about this season being over is that maybe ESPN can get it's shit together and cover the races the RIGHT way!!! Swap Alan Bestwick for Dr. Punch for play-by-play, send Kobler and Musberger back to where they belong on football and hoops...and at least show whats happening on the track instead of the "created" story lines they can't get away from...like All Jr. All The Time...I'm a Jr. fan, but there's 42 other shmucks on the track who were having a lot better seasons...but you wouldn't know it on an ESPN race.

Too bad Fox has the NFL, otherwise they'd do the entire season.

Get your shit together ESPN, or get OUT of NASCAR again!!! They had it right before they lost out after 2000.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
The best thing about this season being over is that maybe ESPN can get it's shit together and cover the races the RIGHT way!!! Swap Alan Bestwick for Dr. Punch for play-by-play, send Kobler and Musberger back to where they belong on football and hoops...and at least show whats happening on the track instead of the "created" story lines they can't get away from...like All Jr. All The Time...I'm a Jr. fan, but there's 42 other shmucks on the track who were having a lot better seasons...but you wouldn't know it on an ESPN race.

Too bad Fox has the NFL, otherwise they'd do the entire season.

Get your shit together ESPN, or get OUT of NASCAR again!!! They had it right before they lost out after 2000.

I agree, ESPN stinks, but I do have to disagree on the Jr part. The last race of the year, and when he was running up front and then would blow up they'd cover him, but if he was running worse than 20th, they ignored him like every other driver back there, which is fine

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Yeah the end of the year was all about the Super Best Friends on HMS :icon_roll

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Yeah the end of the year was all about the Super Best Friends on HMS :icon_roll
yeah, wait until Daytona, it's all going to be about Jr and the 88, but that's what happens when you win the biggest race of the year:icon_mrgr

Kool Aid

I'm the worst-of
Aug 18, 2005
IN MY PROJECTS
Dodge is kicking the Avenger and Sticking with the Charger...good movie, now if they could just make whatever they call the car not suck that would be a step in the right direction...

Sucks to see Sadler in such shit cars...maybe they can dig out the stuff they had 2 years ago with Kahne

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
ESPN does that with every sport. They pick they're little teachers pets and jam them down our throats ad nauseam. Brett Farve blah blah blah, ARod blah blah blah, that's why I hate ESPN.

Anybody out there ever read or hard anything about Kenseth's 14 yr old son Ross? This little shit is quite a driver already. He'll certainly be following in his dad's footsteps.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Mark Martin's kid too. They're probably around the same age.

7cent

Dec 5, 2004
somewhere, ca
Did anyone see the radiatorgirls in either Charlotte, Texas or Miami?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Top 10 total Earnings of Race Winnings and
Awards from the Banquet

1. Jimmie Johnson - $15,313,920
2. Jeff Gordon - $10,926,687
3. Clint Bowyer - $6,574,793
4. Matt Kenseth - $8,624,816
5. Kyle Busch - $6,475,098
6. Tony Stewart - $8,023,584
7. Kurt Busch - $6,852,008
8. Jeff Burton - $7,447,288
9. Carl Edwards - $6,011,044
10. Kevin Harvick - $8,861,128

Not a bad haul for a year of racing.

SteveSteele

1 dog's goin this way..1 dog's goin that way...
Nov 22, 2004
New Rochelle, NY
ESPN's coverage sucks ass. I ran into Darrell Waltrip today at work, and told him how much I think Fox's coverage rocks.

PS-Still looking for a fitted Junior pit cap. Can't find them anywhere and I've Googled high and low.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
ESPN's coverage sucks ass. I ran into Darrell Waltrip today at work, and told him how much I think Fox's coverage rocks.

PS-Still looking for a fitted Junior pit cap. Can't find them anywhere and I've Googled high and low.
Just ran into DW did ya. You say it like its an everyday occurance. Must be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.