The official Politicians say the stupidist shit thread.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Post stupid shit that politicians say.
I'll start.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Crazy glue their lips. The only way to get them to stop spewing their nonsense.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
We had a thread kinda like this that I used (Joe Biden/Entertainment Thread), but that one was more geared towards Obama, Pelosi and Biden. I like the idea of having a general, all purpose stupid things politicians say thread. So good idea, psychopath!

I expect plenty of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz clips. :cool:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Christ, she's a delusional cunt.
You kind of get that sense, when in the Anderson Cooper clip...VAN FUCKING JONES is laughing at her deflections and denials...you know she's so delusional.

Today was interesting...when you had Sen Ted Cruz...who absolutely SMASHED Chuck Hagel during his confirmation hearing.

Wow!

Not exactly a "Politicians Say The Stupidest Shit"...but I figure Hagel's stuttering responses are definitely close enough and entertaining.

Sen Cruz Confronts Chuck Hagel With Old Audio On Israel

In some of the most talked-about fireworks to come from defense secretary nominee Chuck Hagel’s Senate confirmation hearing Thursday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) asked Hagel whether he thinks the state of Israel has “committed war crimes” — after confronting him with an old clip in which he seemed to agree with the characterization.

“The caller suggested the nation of Israel has committed war crimes. And your response to that was not to dispute that characterization but indeed to describe what he said as, quote, “Well I think that’s exactly right,” Cruz said to Hagel after the 2009 clip from Al Jazeera English played. “Do you think the nation of Israel has committed war crimes?”

“No I do not, senator. I’’d want to look at the full context of the interview, but to answer your question, no,” Hagel said.

Cruz objected that the clip contained all the necessary context, then went on to say that “a suggestion that Israel has committed war crimes is particularly offensive, given that the Jewish people suffered under the most horrific war crimes in the Holocaust.”

“I would also suggest that for the secretary of defense or the prospective secretary of defense not to take issue with that claim is highly troubling.”

Next, Cruz went to a quote from a Senate floor speech Hagel gave in 2006 where he ”referred to Israel’s military campaign against the terrorist group Hezbollah as a, quote, ‘sickening slaughter.’”

Hagel again said he’d want the full context of the speech, which Slate noted was that “The sickening slaughter on both sides must end.”

Cruz then went to another clip from Al Jazeera program when a host read a reader email suggesting the U.S. had been as the world’s bully. Hagel didn’t refute the characterization, calling it a relevant observation, but told Cruz he didn’t say he agreed with it.

“To go on Al Jazeera, a foreign network broadcasting propaganda to nations that our hostile to us, and to explicitly agree with a characterization of the United States as the world’s bully, I would suggest is not the conduct one would expect of a secretary of defense,” Cruz said.
For some reason I can't link to the video...but wow..make sure you watch it...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Hagel is doing terribly, but he'll be confirmed anyway. Which begs the question: Why the fuck even have these things?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
A couple gems from Pelosi this week...

@frankthorpNBC
Pelosi just said of Obama: "I don't think he's ever done anything for political reasons."

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
We had a thread kinda like this that I used (Joe Biden/Entertainment Thread), but that one was more geared towards Obama, Pelosi and Biden. I like the idea of having a general, all purpose stupid things politicians say thread. So good idea, psychopath!

I expect plenty of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz clips. :cool:

And you people wonder why I blame the Jews????? And Yes I would fuck the shit out of her and make her feel like a Greek!!

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
The nerve of this asshole...

Obama To Grads: Reject Voices That Warn of Government Tyranny

U.S. President Barack Obama gives the commencement address to the graduating class of The Ohio State University at Ohio Stadium on May 5, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted.

We have never been a people who place all our faith in government to solve our problems. We shouldn't want to. But we don't think the government is the source of all our problems, either. Because we understand that this democracy is ours. And as citizens, we understand that it's not about what America can do for us, it's about what can be done by us, together, through the hard and frustrating but absolutely necessary work of self-government. And class of 2013, you have to be involved in that process.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
"Things are more like they are now then they ever have been before or ever will be again."
Dwight Eisenhower

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems.
Yep...that's right college kids...don't listen to us.

We obviously have no idea what we're talking about.

Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works.
Yep...Obama caught us...it's only us...

That's it college kids...listen to Obama, not us...and hope you manage to find your dream job! Don't panic when your employer cuts you to under 30 hours a week so they can avoid paying Obamacare taxes, err silly me, "penalties".

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I really hope the next president runs an investigation on the current administration and tries Obama for treason. That would make me happy, but it's not going to happen.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
How is there not one George W Bush video on here yet?

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Fine I'll do it myself:
I think G W would be a great guy to hang out with, he's hilarious.