The Opie & Anthony Channel is moving from XM 105 to XM 103 on 5/9

squigy0

Sweaty Asshole
Oct 13, 2004
Owings Mills, MD
Per this info posted on the SiriusXM Canada site, and likely soon to be on the SiriusXM US site, since these moves are happening next week, The Opie & Anthony Channel will now be on XM channel 103: http://www.siriusxm.ca/Channel-Change-2013/Exciting-News-for-XM-Listeners.aspx

No thanks to SiriusXM for actually pointing this out, because first you'll notice Entertainment Weekly Radio is going to be on their channel (probably a slam on Sam Roberts), and then you notice that the table at the bottom has no mention of O&A. You have to go to the PDF in the blue circle in the upper right to find it.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Right now my receiver says Ch 103 unavailable.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They're not assigning channels to spite Sam. The rest I have no comment on.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I still pay for Sirius/XM (kind of), but haven't listened to the O&A channel in a while. I get their show from alternate sources, simply because it's easier.

I'm sure this is a way to try and appease their complaints of them not being on the same channel for both platforms (in a moronic way). They will justify it by saying "you're 103 on XM, and just double that for the Sirius channel.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I still pay for Sirius/XM (kind of), but haven't listened to the O&A channel in a while. I get their show from alternate sources, simply because it's easier.
I do the same. It's just more convenient to have the show as an audio file that I can listen to however and whenever I want.

I'm sure this is a way to try and appease their complaints of them not being on the same channel for both platforms (in a moronic way). They will justify it by saying "you're 103 on XM, and just double that for the Sirius channel.
That would be an extremely half-assed solution, so you're probably right.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Or perhaps they're finally moving them to the Sirius spectrum and taking them off the Best of XM?

And if they're moving, shouldn't they be doing a marketing push, like, right now?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Or perhaps they're finally moving them to the Sirius spectrum and taking them off the Best of XM?

And if they're moving, shouldn't they be doing a marketing push, like, right now?
They updated the Canadian website. Thats pretty much the SiriusXM marketing push.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
They updated the Canadian website. Thats pretty much the SiriusXM marketing push.
The ineptness of the marketing department justifies the bitching....

Somewhat.

That being said, it's at the point where it HAS to be on purpose, Sirius brass fucking with them.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I do the same. It's just more convenient to have the show as an audio file that I can listen to however and whenever I want.
Yup. Got my old Android phone that I use as a "iPod" and I listen to the show when I'm working outside. Next month I'll be in an area with little or no data signal, so when I go into town I'll pick up a few days' worth of episodes at once.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I didnt see anything in their timelines so I tweeted the link to OA+J. Sorry if you already did, squigy0, I would have credited you but ran out of space.

squigy0

Sweaty Asshole
Oct 13, 2004
Owings Mills, MD
s'okay, i'm sure tons of people have tweeted them about this by now, much like when the internet stream fucks up.

jimmyolsenblues

Jan 17, 2005
Why would management move them again?
Will there still be two subscriptions? one for howie and one for o&a, i mean o&a are so handcuffed by the company, its just weird moving the channel again.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Why would management move them again?
Will there still be two subscriptions? one for howie and one for o&a, i mean o&a are so handcuffed by the company, its just weird moving the channel again.
Let this be clear. O&A were not moved. A station took their channel and they stuck O&A where they had a free slot.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Plus, we’re moving around some channels to make them easier to find.

96 98
98 96
That'll help a lot.

DonkeySausage

(not to be confused w/the "Donkey Sausage Chick")
Oct 25, 2004
New York
Serious calls only to the new show on XM 105.

Aaaaaaaaaaand.... How long til Bobo changes his twitter name?

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
Did they say on air today that one of the reasons they were given for not having the numbers aligned was that they are premium? Wouldn't you want your "premium" brands to be easy to find? There are probably 100 throwaway channels on the service, move them around for shitty Entertainment Weekly.

For the first week, EW should get constant phone calls from Uncle Paul, Chip, Edgar, and Ted Sheckler.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Don't forget Steve from Yellowstone and Tony from Brooklyn helping the show.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Ant got it absolutely right. They did this to get an automatic audience for the new channel. Same can be said for all the other channels that swapped. They're trying to push their own programs based on established brands from other media.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Ant got it absolutely right. They did this to get an automatic audience for the new channel. Same can be said for all the other channels that swapped. They're trying to push their own programs based on established brands from other media.
I doubt it's that sinister. It really does look like they're trying to cluster channels together in a more sensible way.

Also, the PDF that's posted now is at least the third revision since this thread started. O&A are now listed in the "moving channels" chart. This is how it looked this morning when I joked about them listing two channels whose before-and-after numbers were the same:

All signs point to incompetency rather than collusion.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The only explanation of the O&A move that I can think of that's not sandbagging them is that they'll be the first channel in the "entertainment" category.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I doubt it's that sinister. It really does look like they're trying to cluster channels together in a more sensible way.
How is it more sensible to switch the Foxxhole and Laugh USA places when they are already only one channel apart? All the comedy channels are in a tight cluster now, but will be in a tight cluster in a different order soon.