The Orville - Seth Macfarlane Star Trek Spoof

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm...surprisingly okay with it so far.

And is Adrianne Palicki making a career of playing angry ex-wives?

EDIT: Wait, this is a TV series?

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
EDIT: Wait, this is a TV series?
Looks like a film, dunnit?

That's weird. Where's the money coming from for this, a sitcom, when other shows are being cut? This even looks like to could be better than Star Trek Discovery. Really, if the concurrent parody of a Star Trek is better than the show it mocks, it could hurt the Trek franchise.

Rather than feel it's an homage, I bet the Discovery folks are pissing themselves.

BIV

Halston Sage

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Looks like a film, dunnit?

That's weird. Where's the money coming from for this, a sitcom, when other shows are being cut? This even looks like to could be better than Star Trek Discovery. Really, if the concurrent parody of a Star Trek is better than the show it mocks, it could hurt the Trek franchise.

Rather than feel it's an homage, I bet the Discovery folks are pissing themselves.
The only reason they would be pissing themselves is because it'll take them a month and a half to find the toilet.

Also because this is actually on a platform that people can obtain.

Don't count Discovery out yet. When we get our first look in 2019, it could be very impressive.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
This might be a left field choice, especially considering how dull and lifeless A Million Ways To Die in the West was, but I can imagine Seth MacFarlane helming a Trek film or at least take part in a Trek series.

BIV

The only reason they would be pissing themselves is because it'll take them a month and a half to find the toilet.

Also because this is actually on a platform that people can obtain.

Don't count Discovery out yet. When we get our first look in 2019, it could be very impressive.
If a TV show is only played in the woods, is it really impressive?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
By the way, while you're patting yourself on the back, why not give credit to the guy who really nailed it:

IIRC he was in a Star Trek documentary, so I don't think his involvement would come as a complete shock. I'm just not sure how well he works outside of his Family Guy-esque comedic comfort zone.