The Orville - Seth Macfarlane Star Trek Spoof

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
You're probably right. I guess the thing, then, is that they need to first get some chemistry going between the characters, then maybe find a story. They keep talking about the Krill, but have they shown one yet?
I thought these were in last weeks episode:

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Way to shake off the plagiarism accusations...
Hardly plagiarism. Stealing exact scripts would be but
just using ideas from other shows has been around forever.

The Honeymooners begat the Flinstones and was the
basis for Family Guy years later.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So this week's installment was done by Star Trek... The Menagerie. Obvs done for the goof here, but very similar setup.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Hardly plagiarism. Stealing exact scripts would be but
just using ideas from other shows has been around forever.

The Honeymooners begat the Flinstones and was the
basis for Family Guy years later.
I meant MacFarlane overall, not just the episode, but @JoeyDVDZ kinda plunged the knife deeper. :D

Stig

A Bigly Bad Hombre.
If this show lasts long enough, I predict that MacFarlane will pull a M*A*S*H and shift it from fun in space to preachy liberal shoe-gazing.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Well... Episode 3 in the can. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. Same as episodes 1 and 2. It has its moments.

Radioguy

Ratings are reported as being in freefall, yet all I know are watching this. Can't remember the last time that happened.

I didn't realize they moved the show from Sunday to Thursday nights. That's usually the first sign that Fox is going to wind up cancelling a show.

Floyd1977

Last episode was all lib and deep.

Sex change for babies.
Now I'm interested in watching just to see how far out it is.

McFarlane is a typical thought bully liberal douchebag. You'd think he'd be humbled since he missed by minutes being on one of the 9/11 planes out of Logan. Now I would never say I wished he died (if he was on the right, I would expect that from the left), but you would think that when you know for sure that you cheated death by mere minutes at the hands of savages it would give your some perspective.

Bobobie

This could have been a decent show if he had stayed behind the scenes, maybe voiced some of the special effect alien creatures.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
This could have been a decent show if he had stayed behind the scenes, maybe voiced some of the special effect alien creatures.
Switch roles with Norm. Would love seeing Norm as the lead. The lines would be delivered well at least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Radioguy

Switch roles with Norm. Would love seeing Norm as the lead. The lines would be delivered well at least.
Have you seen Norm lately? He has that puffy Terri Garr/Jerry Lewis Prednisone look. He doesn't look healthy even if he still has his marbles and delivery.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?

McFarlane is a typical thought bully liberal douchebag. You'd think he'd be humbled since he missed by minutes being on one of the 9/11 planes out of Logan. Now I would never say I wished he died (if he was on the right, I would expect that from the left), but you would think that when you know for sure that you cheated death by mere minutes at the hands of savages it would give your some perspective.
So because he almost died on 9/11 (it could have been him!), he should dedicate the following 15 plus years of his life subscribing exclusively to the Republican handbook and spreading right ideology?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
So because he almost died on 9/11 (it could have been him!), he should dedicate the following 15 plus years of his life subscribing exclusively to the Republican handbook and spreading right ideology?
Well, yeah. You say that like it's a bad thing. :action-sm

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Perspective. How do you know what he dealt with? What he wrestled with? How his thoughts and philosophies evolved over a decade and a half? But God forbid he doesn't follow your game plan, why, he must not have absorbed or analyzed anything.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger

He had Rush Limbaugh over to his studio years ago to voice himself in a couple episodes and he said that Seth was totally cool to him and wasn't a dick about politics at all. I think they kept in touch from time to time afterwards.

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
Perspective. How do you know what he dealt with? What he wrestled with? How his thoughts and philosophies evolved over a decade and a half? But God forbid he doesn't follow your game plan, why, he must not have absorbed or analyzed anything.
If The Cleveland Show was how he dealt with it, I say I wish he got on that plane.

Floyd1977

Christ, since when did you get so preachy?

I'm just saying I find it hard to understand how you could come that close to being killed by savages and be as liberal as he is. I've watched Family Guy and American Dad and he can be pretty smug. He's also pretty candid sometimes in the DVD commentaries on where he stands. He'd probably call all of us on this board islamaphobes. Same thing with Pete Davidson. You have your father taken away from you by savages as a young kid and you still grow up totally liberal.

He had Rush Limbaugh over to his studio years ago to voice himself in a couple episodes and he said that Seth was totally cool to him and wasn't a dick about politics at all. I think they kept in touch from time to time afterwards.
Yeah Seth said he thought Rush was a pretty nice guy but he couldn't help himself from pointing out that he didn't agree with any of his politics.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Christ, since when did you get so preachy?

I'm just saying I find it hard to understand how you could come that close to being killed by savages and be as liberal as he is. I've watched Family Guy and American Dad and he can be pretty smug. He's also pretty candid sometimes in the DVD commentaries on where he stands. He'd probably call all of us on this board islamaphobes. Same thing with Pete Davidson. You have your father taken away from you by savages as a young kid and you still grow up totally liberal.
You are aware that people's philosophies are made up from multiple factors and just because 9/11 happened, doesn't mean that your experiences with terrorism should blind you enough to check Right Wing on every thing in your world and your life. Why, you could even mix elements from ideologies! You can make fun of Muslims AND white people! Shock!