The Orville - Seth Macfarlane Star Trek Spoof

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
If The Cleveland Show was how he dealt with it, I say I wish he got on that plane.
Cleveland Show was about a black guy.
Lincoln freed the slaves.
Lincoln was a Republican.
Why isn't Seth a Republican?

9/11

Floyd1977

You are aware that people's philosophies are made up from multiple factors and just because 9/11 happened, doesn't mean that your experiences with terrorism should blind you enough to check Right Wing on every thing in your world and your life. Why, you could even mix elements from ideologies! You can make fun of Muslims AND white people! Shock!
Not what I said, I didn't say these people were required to go all the way to right. But maybe some humility and some understanding why some people have alternative views.

If an inquisitive fellow once asked me which way was norf and I time traveled to Christmas would anyone here begrudge me for being wary of "youths". McFarlane probably would.

LiddyRules

Not what I said, I didn't say these people were required to go all the way to right. But maybe some humility and some understanding why some people have alternative views.
Your entire point is, he almost got on a 9/11 plane, how dare he be liberal.

And how do you know he doesn't? Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you don't get their point of view. Should he put pro-right disclaimers in front of everything? Or would you still be bothered that he has an opinion that doesn't match yours? Should right leaners also treat leftists with kid gloves?

If an inquisitive fellow once asked me which way was norf and I time traveled to Christmas would anyone here begrudge me for being wary of "youths". McFarlane probably would.
I'm not sure what this means. Can you tie it back to 9/11 so I am compelled to agree with you?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Will you just stop dragging political views into everything and shut up and enjoy the show like I do?
I didn't bitch about the fucking "save the whales" Star Trek movie..

Perspective. How do you know what he dealt with? What he wrestled with? How his thoughts and philosophies evolved over a decade and a half? But God forbid he doesn't follow your game plan, why, he must not have absorbed or analyzed anything.
I think his perspective when he was first asked about missing his flight on 9-11 was, "I was hungover and I overslept".

LiddyRules

Will you just stop dragging political views into everything and shut up and enjoy the show like I do?
I still haven't watched an episode.

LiddyRules

I think his perspective when he was first asked about missing his flight on 9-11 was, "I was hungover and I overslept".
And that's wrong. His perspective should have been "A transgendered person wants to be called 'they?!?!?' I need to use all my resources to stopping gay marriage! This is not the country I overslept for!"

Floyd1977

Your entire point is, he almost got on a 9/11 plane, how dare he be liberal.
Not what I meant. I meant I had trouble understanding it. I didn't say anyone had to meet my own standards

And how do you know he doesn't? Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you don't get their point of view. Should he put pro-right disclaimers in front of everything? Or would you still be bothered that he has an opinion that doesn't match yours? Should right leaners also treat leftists with kid gloves?
How does anyone here know for sure many of the claims they make? I'm guessing on what I have observed. I know many people on the left who have at least expressed understanding of something them and I didn't see eye to eye with and vice versa. In my estimation, MacFarlane isn't one of those people. Probably why he allegedly never brought up politics with Rush, it probably would have blown up.

I'm not sure what this means. Can you tie it back to 9/11 so I am compelled to agree with you?
Don't be obtuse.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
One of those whales' father was killed in the attack on Pearl Harbor, Mister Insensitive.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
One of those whales' father was killed in the attack on Pearl Harbor, Mister Insensitive.
I've swum with whales..and real whales in the wild..trust me, wild whales are like moody teens..that find us mildly interesting to check out.. but largely like to be left alone..but also like dogs in that they REALLY love a good belly rub.
Wild dolphins are a trip..they check you out..but it's really fun when you go in with a woman who is on the rag...they swim a few laps around in a group trying to figure out if they can fuck her.

Last edited:

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Seth would be mad at you for time traveling to Christmas? Past or future Christmas? Is there a reason you can't travel to 9/11?
It's time locked..pfft everyone knows that..

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So... four episodes in. The Orville is Star Trek with fart & bodily function jokes.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So the latest episode did some weird ass gender bending shit. Still not sure whether I like it or not. So fucking confused.

NotSoFast

Rob Lowe got an uncredited guest appearance. Norm Macdonald's character is pretty good this week.

So the latest episode did some weird ass gender bending shit. Still not sure whether I like it or not. So fucking confused.
I looked it as a different take on the Siren of Greek mythology similar to what Supernatural did. Also if I remember correctly, the original Star Trek had an episode where some of the crew fell under the spell of an alien being.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I looked it as a different take on the Siren of Greek mythology similar to what Supernatural did. Also if I remember correctly, the original Star Trek had an episode where some of the crew fell under the spell of an alien being.
Yeah, when I wrote this post, I hadn't finished yet, wondered why Mercer was all up on Blue Boy's cock. I thought the blob & the doc was funny though. Honestly didn't hate the episode.

LiddyRules

TOS had three plots:
* Alien Mind Control
* Evil Computer
* Evil Computer Mind Control

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
I've watched them all so far, I'm finding ti to be fun mindless entertainment.
If you like Star Trek and wanted it to have a little more humor and edginess to it,
you'll be ok with this.
Any of the real-life left agenda and MacFarlane douchiness doen't get in the way
for me, it isn't blatant enough to to ruin it.

It's definitely only a single-pass show, no desire to rewatch any of it, and if there isn't
a second season it won't be any major disappointment.
But it's a fun time-waster..

NotSoFast

I've watched them all so far, I'm finding ti to be fun mindless entertainment.
If you like Star Trek and wanted it to have a little more humor and edginess to it,
you'll be ok with this.
Any of the real-life left agenda and MacFarlane douchiness doen't get in the way
for me, it isn't blatant enough to to ruin it.

It's definitely only a single-pass show, no desire to rewatch any of it, and if there isn't
a second season it won't be any major disappointment.
But it's a fun time-waster..
It's been renewed already.