The Orville - Seth Macfarlane Star Trek Spoof

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
From last night:

It didn't even seem meant as an inside-joke. He really lives in his own world.

Also have to say that the chick who replaced Halston Sage is no improvement.
So snorkel esophagus is out already? Can't say I'm surprised. Love Patrick, but that character was so fucking annoying, even for this show.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
So snorkel esophagus is out already? Can't say I'm surprised. Love Patrick, but that character was so fucking annoying, even for this show.
Dunno. They didn't mention him at all, but not-Halston is in his seat.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So just finished watching last night's ep and:

1: Damn, they stepped up the game on this show to next level shit. This ep ditched pretty much all attempts at comedy and went straight sci-fi star trek. In a very interesting way. I was actually totally impressed with the whole ep, even Seth's over-acting bullshit couldn't stop this ep from shining.

2: I'm starting to like the new security chick, more based on last weeks ep though. She seems like a good fit, and I felt bad for her in the ep.

3: A minor complaint: Finn should know Issac was not going to ever feel any affection for her or her dopey sons. The thing has said over and over again that it doesn't feel; at what point do you just say "okay, fine. You're a high tech vibrator!"

Loved part 1 last night, can't wait to see how they resolve this without losing Issac from the show.

Radioguy

Really, who didn't see this coming?

Issac was meant to be thought of as a wolf in sheep's clothing to begin with. Plus, who didn't think Seth would do hiss own BOBW?
This was all a no-brainer.

However, while it pales in comparison to the TNG inspiration, it was pulled off well within this series. I'm also interested in what they'll do, but it's likely that Issac will find some kind of "humanity" and stop his people one way or another. If they doubled down and kept him bad, or killed him off while remaining bad, I'd be impressed.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Really, who didn't see this coming?

Issac was meant to be thought of as a wolf in sheep's clothing to begin with. Plus, who didn't think Seth would do hiss own BOBW?
This was all a no-brainer.

However, while it pales in comparison to the TNG inspiration, it was pulled off well within this series. I'm also interested in what they'll do, but it's likely that Issac will find some kind of "humanity" and stop his people one way or another. If they doubled down and kept him bad, or killed him off while remaining bad, I'd be impressed.
I guess it depends on how much they like the character.

letting the actor who plays him appear without the stupid robot suit in the holodeck was, in my opinion, a good indicator to me they were trying to give his character some depth. Let's face it, that chrome egg he calls a head doesn't exactly emote well.

I honestly wouldn't miss the character if they sacrificed him to the greater story. How many different "I'm smarter than you" jokes can we deal with?

Radioguy

Last episode ended confirming the secondary theory she's not from this timeline, or did they just do something they now need to fix?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Last episode ended confirming the secondary theory she's not from this timeline, or did they just do something they now need to fix?
Haven't seen it yet, but I read a review that suggested that this question will be determined by what happens in the next ep. If Kelly & Ed still have a relationship, alternate timeline. If not, same timeline.