The Outer Worlds. From the developers who didn't make Fallout 76

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Very curious how this turns out. It's like Fallout and Borderlands had a baby.

Makes you wonder if Bethesda knew this announcement was coming so they rushed 76 to market.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Very curious how this turns out. It's like Fallout and Borderlands had a baby.

Makes you wonder if Bethesda knew this announcement was coming so they rushed 76 to market.
I don't really understand the history. How is a company that made a Fallout have now a competitor?

I don't really understand the history. How is a company that made a Fallout have now a competitor?
Black Isle studio made Fallout 1 and 2.

Black Isle studio disbanded and made Obsidian games.

Black Isle had the rights to Fallout taken from them because they failed to create Fallout 3, and Bethesda bought it when it became available.

Bethesda let Obsidian make New Vegas after they made Fallout 3 for whatever reason.

Bobobie

double post.

Last edited:

Bobobie

Black Isle studio made Fallout 1 and 2.

Black Isle studio disbanded and made Obsidian games.

Black Isle had the rights to Fallout taken from them because they failed to create Fallout 3, and Bethesda bought it when it became available.

Bethesda let Obsidian make New Vegas after they made Fallout 3 for whatever reason.

I think you meant Interplay lost the rights. That French fuck who killed the company still had a deathgrip on the rights to the Interplay name. I think Brian Fargo was negotiating with him or his rights to the name were going to expire. He said he might be getting the company name back.

Some thoughts.

Obsidian without Chris Avellone is still VERY iffy. I don't have high hopes.

The "you didn't have to shoot him" line is a jab at Bethesda's kill everything mission format.

The trailer looks shallow. Limited number of characters, environments, ect. Maybe Microsoft money will allow them to add more shit but it reminds me a lot of Rage 1.

The Rick Sanchez Doctor is amusing.

Bobobie

Some thoughts.

Obsidian without Chris Avellone is still VERY iffy. I don't have high hopes.
The entire Fallout Universe was designed and conceived of without Chris Avellone. He came onboard with Fallout 2. Also, Obsidian didn't get all of the Fallout people. Some went with Brian Fargo to Inxile Entertainment, Microsoft owns both companies now.

The entire Fallout Universe was designed and conceived of without Chris Avellone.
It was at its very best when it was written by Chris in Fallout 2, but this isn't Fallout.

If you take their two games since Chris left because of money/management issues. Its doesn't leave me with the feeling that I can trust this team of writers.

Also, Obsidian didn't get all of the Fallout people. Some went with Brian Fargo to Inxile Entertainment, Microsoft owns both companies now.
You bring up InXile and Fallout again and I'll slap yah!