TV The Passage (Fox)

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
It is going to be "Bad Endings", the TV show.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Bump. This premieres tomorrow. We're going to watch a few episodes and comment and decide whether we want to keep watching for a few more. Not live as in HitW; just you know, whatever. Starts at 9, after The Resident, which looks like Generic Doctor Show 2000 and has the same font/coloring of a TBS show and the chick from the MCU everyone forgets is in the MCU.

Here's the poster, with a tagline written for @DR. Jimcy M.E.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Was this the premise for the book? It sounds like something a 3rd grader would come up with:

Project Noah, a secret medical facility where scientists are experimenting with a dangerous virus that could lead to the cure for all disease, but also carries the potential to wipe out the human race

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Bump. This premieres tomorrow. We're going to watch a few episodes and comment and decide whether we want to keep watching for a few more. Not live as in HitW; just you know, whatever. Starts at 9, after The Resident, which looks like Generic Doctor Show 2000 and has the same font/coloring of a TBS show and the chick from the MCU everyone forgets is in the MCU.

Here's the poster, with a tagline written for @DR. Jimcy M.E.

Seen the trailers. This young doc is “taking the risks”! He’s a maverick!

That’s some fresh new writing right there.

Was this the premise for the book? It sounds like something a 3rd grader would come up with:

Project Noah, a secret medical facility where scientists are experimenting with a dangerous virus that could lead to the cure for all disease, but also carries the potential to wipe out the human race
The rules hold them back, but their heart drives them forward.

This winter comes a dramedy about what makes each one of us special, and how walls can't keep us apart (TRUMP SLAM! YAS QUEEN! SUPER FINGER!).

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
The story takes place over hundreds of years, and of course Fox is going to somehow milk a season out if the first two weeks.
But what are your options? You either rush the modern day stuff in a 5 minute at most montage and jump 100 years before the first commercial break or you take time with the modern stuff to get people invested in the story/world. Maybe jump generations between seasons, but spending 3 episodes then going forward a century won't cut it.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
To be fair the first book was slow. I love feeling the mission impossible fuse burning, knowing that everything’s gonna go to hell and just waiting for it. Fox won’t make it to the big time jump in 2 seasons, unless they intersperse it with the current day story.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
But what are your options? You either rush the modern day stuff in a 5 minute at most montage and jump 100 years before the first commercial break or you take time with the modern stuff to get people invested in the story/world. Maybe jump generations between seasons, but spending 3 episodes then going forward a century won't cut it.
I bet they don't plan on getting to the first settlement for 3 seasons. I'd say everything up to the train (anything before the first jump ahead) could easily be in one season. Maybe they'll do that, but it doesn't look like it.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I bet they don't plan on getting to the first settlement for 3 seasons. I'd say everything up to the train (anything before the first jump ahead) could easily be in one season. Maybe they'll do that, but it doesn't look like it.
It's hard to know what the actual plan is. Or how that changes. If people are invested in the cast maybe they'll stick around? Or maybe they'll do something like Wayward Pines where every season was mostly new characters decades in the future. But that show bombed so who knows?

If every season was a new generation, I think that might be fun. But I never read Book 3 so it's hard to know what Cronin's overall vision was. Or if that even matter for good or ill.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
It's hard to know what the actual plan is. Or how that changes. If people are invested in the cast maybe they'll stick around? Or maybe they'll do something like Wayward Pines where every season was mostly new characters decades in the future. But that show bombed so who knows?

If every season was a new generation, I think that might be fun. But I never read Book 3 so it's hard to know what Cronin's overall vision was. Or if that even matter for good or ill.
There will be characters to become invested in, but you won't see most of them in the first part of this story. That's kind of why I think they need to get through this part. The important story is after "the event".

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I don’t think I can sink time into this.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
You guys have FAR more faith than I do. I don't see them ever leaving "modern day". It's just going to be a monster serial with a super powered kid and a feisty cop trying to hunt down the bad monsters.

I'll be SHOCKED if they ever get beyond the time jump.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
You guys have FAR more faith than I do. I don't see them ever leaving "modern day". It's just going to be a monster serial with a super powered kid and a feisty cop trying to hunt down the bad monsters.

I'll be SHOCKED if they ever get beyond the time jump.
No one has any faith in this. At best we're like "whatever, it might be whatever." That's where I am. I didn't love the book, so whatever, it might be whatever. Get the fuck off it.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
There will be characters to become invested in, but you won't see most of them in the first part of this story. That's kind of why I think they need to get through this part. The important story is after "the event".
But the important story is after the event in the book. Who knows how the showrunners view the importance of it? Or what direction they want to take any of it. I said I found the story more interesting before the time jump. Whatever, it might be whatever.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Bird Flu or monsters.

Saniyya Sidney and Mark-Paul Gosselaar eventually form a good pair.

I do appreciate the casting director: Emmanuelle Chriqui, Caroline Chikezie, Brianna Brown, and Brianne Howey.

It is nice seeing Henry Ian Cusick, again, from LOST and The 100.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'll try to give it a watch tonight. I genuinely feel disgusted with myself for watching a network drama. The last one I watched was one of the Lost copycats for a few episodes. I think it was Revolution, so 2012.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I have it on my DVR. Am I supposed to watch it?

The 13 critics who watched it split pretty evenly. The 37 fans who submitted a score to RT gave it 100%.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I have it on my DVR. Am I supposed to watch it?

The 13 critics who watched it split pretty evenly. The 37 fans who submitted a score to RT gave it 100%.
That's up to you. I guess it would interesting to get someone's perspective who didn't read the books, although I dont recall much of them so I'm nearly in the same boat.