TV The Passage (Fox)

The first season only has 10 episodes.
And too many people from the pilot episode in all 10 episodes per IMDB. No mention of any 100 AV cast members.

It felt like the pilot covered nearly half of the material of the present day from book 1. I still enjoy the book, particularly the audiobook (Scott Brick). It can be tediously slow at times but its still solid.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Watching it now, not hating it. They condensed the origin story of the virus into the first 5 minutes, which wasn't a bad call. And I'm surprisingly not hating Mark Paul. Turns out Zack turned into a decent actor. Who knew?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
A couple of big red flags right at the start:

1. Supposedly smart people doing incredibly stupid things to advance plot.
2. Long exposition given to people who obviously already know what's going on.

Straight up poorly done. I almost respect it because they didn't even attempt logical transitions.

"We know our viewers are idiots and we are going to treat them accordingly."

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I never claimed to have high standards in my televised entertainment.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Watching it now, and it's disappointing.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
Anyone still watching? I thought how they did the time jump was actually quite clever.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Anyone still watching? I thought how they did the time jump was actually quite clever.
Stopped at episode 2 but still acquiring them. Was going to wait until the end of the season and then see if it was worth binging. Did it get and better?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Stopped at episode 2 but still acquiring them. Was going to wait until the end of the season and then see if it was worth binging. Did it get and better?
Not sure if it’s gotten better. I’m just watching to see how they try to pull it off, for science.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Haven't seen last night's ep yet, but I'm not hating it. I'm even forgetting that I'm watching Zack Morris now. One thing that still annoys me though it's not detracting from the story is all the virtue signaling it's doing with regard to the characters. Making the little girl black, making the one monster female, turning Anthony into a really bright guy (He was supposed to be slightly dull in the story.)

Like I said, not enough to detract, but if you read the novels you pick this shit up quickly.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I have only ever seen the tv show and it's ok. Not as douchey as I initially thought it would be.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
How the hell did you see the time jump in February? It only happened in the season finale last night?

BTW, I didn't hate it. The novels were better but this didn't totally suck. Interesting to see what a season 2 might look like.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Read an article saying The Passage is right on bubble of cancellation. Could go either way.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
How the hell did you see the time jump in February? It only happened in the season finale last night?

BTW, I didn't hate it. The novels were better but this didn't totally suck. Interesting to see what a season 2 might look like.
Lied. Tried to do a bit. No one bit. Got bored. Haven't watched it at all yet.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I didn’t hate it but ultimately it’s forgettable.