"The Pick-Up Artist" on VH1

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Has anyone else seen this? Its a total train wreck, yet I can't turn it off. Its 8 guys unlucky with women seeking guidance from some complete asshat who claims to be a professional. Meanwhile he has a rats tail and wears more eyeliner than I do. I would pick the 45- year old virgin first.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_pick_up_artist/series_about.jhtml

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
Has anyone else seen this? Its a total train wreck, yet I can't turn it off. Its 8 guys unlucky with women seeking guidance from some complete asshat who claims to be a professional. Meanwhile he has a rats tail and wears more eyeliner than I do. I would pick the 45- year old virgin first.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_pick_up_artist/series_about.jhtml

Well Simby if you would go for the 45 year old virgin, I happen to be a 34 year old virgin, so what do you say???

Actually not, just used to be married to a cold fish and feel like I'm a virgin again, I guess I'm shit out of luck! lol

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
My favorite part of the show is when "Mystery" (what a 'mo) tries to speak to the camera. He can't read a teleprompter to save his life.

I hope one of those nerds strangles him with his own goggles.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Say what you will sure the guy looks like a homo.... but the idiot girls fall all over those players.....Dont hate the players hate the motherfuckin game.

And those guy have their work cut out for them... those guys who can't get laid are fucking messes.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I don't know what girl is going for those 3 assholes. The little J-dude one is the epitome of a sterotypical gay dude. I can see how he reels the girls in because they're fag-hags, but how does he keep them!? I can say with no question I would turn the other way if any of those 3 dudes approached me. Well, I would make fun of them first.

I think it's my new favorite show. It's like Ant staring at the movie covers just to get mad.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Searching for something to record last night I came across this and just threw this on there.
Holy shit what a train wreck.
It could be one of the worst things ever on TV but I just couldnt turn it off. Seeing that old guy in the 'hip' clothing made me want to jump into the TV and smack him. Them in the club was beyond cringe. I almost felt bad for the little chink guy. Hes just an anti-social mess. Hes never getting laid.

I dont know whats worse, the concept of the show (the meanings of medallions???) or Mystery and his "wing men". Matador and J-Dog? Yeeeeeeech!

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I think VH1 knows it's far from quality; they HAVE to. But I watched every stupid minute of it. Most of the makeovers were awful. Bleached hair with green stripes in it and way too many accessories = pussy?

Dec 3, 2005
Why havn't they done another Supergroup yet?

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
My wife wanted me to start a thread on this, but i figured there already was one since it's a show about messes... I was corrrrrrect.

WTF I'm beyond words...
I didn't know the guy from a clockwork orange got his own show
I stopped playing runes in high school,
If you want to pick up chicks, don't paint your nails!!!

I'm beside myself right now.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
the show is great. Mystery was on Conan last night, it was rerun from a few months ago. Conan couldnt get over his out fit. He was wearing binoculars and a few other chains. It was pretty funny.

the idea of the show is great, its just cringe TV. I love the guy "hey, ya wanna see me breakdance?" that was just retarded. he should have been the one to go, but got lucky the other dood picked him to be his wingman.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The advice given to these poor idiots is horrific. I couldn't possibly walk away fast enough if some guy tried to wipe off something on my cheek in a bar as an attempt to....it doesn't even matter what their goal was, unless it was standing alone like a silly goose. Better yet, what idiot cunt of a girl likes this shit? She should be shot for making my gender look bad.

Please nobody on Wackbag practice ANY of the advice on this show. Not even jokingly. Its that bad.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
the show is great, i cringe whenever they go in a club. lip-gloss-wearing matador and j dog, with his dyed hair must be gay, as well as a few of the contestents. i was bummed that spoon left, he reminded me of the 'who wants some buddah' guy from harold and kumar

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
The advice given to these poor idiots is horrific. I couldn't possibly walk away fast enough if some guy tried to wipe off something on my cheek in a bar as an attempt to....it doesn't even matter what their goal was, unless it was standing alone like a silly goose. Better yet, what idiot cunt of a girl likes this shit? She should be shot for making my gender look bad.

Please nobody on Wackbag practice ANY of the advice on this show. Not even jokingly. Its that bad.
BULLSHIT! I been watchin fagots like this get laid all my life. you yourself dated thug rapper douches... was it the big clock around their neck or the moves? Please.

chics are silly cunts for this shit.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
chics are silly cunts for this shit.
That makes me cry a little inside if it's true. I can't imagine a reason why anyone would think "Wow, he's interesting. Look at all of the accessories he's wearing!"

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
i think the general idea of wearing all the freak shit is to have something to always talk about. if the conversation ever gets dull you can share lip gloss or talk about where to get your nails done.

the most interesting thing to a woman is themselves, so if you look and dress like them, then they will definetly dig you. this is why emo boys wear chick jeans. :D

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Emo is for queers. Some girls still like to be distinguishable from their boyfriends. Who the hell wants to share clothes?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There was a show on MTV awhile ago called "Wanna Come In" where duds would take out this hot chicks and all the while be coached by "suave" guys teaching them how to get with the lady. It was embarassing. It was the type of show where I wondered how I'd completely mangle their bad advice.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Lets see...

He wears odd clothing.
He gets average losers who cant get laid without his help...
Makes them over, making them wear gay stuff
Brings them in public so they can try to get a date...

This show sucked when it was called Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
being a clown works with girls in clubs because they like the attention and are afraid of real men when they are just out to party n hook.

clubbing for a girl is like prostituting for a guy. you dont want the weirdo prostitute at your door in the morning saying i love you.

neither do they... the bigger the player, the less chance he will stalk you... thats why the confident over the top guy thing works.

GLENN DANDY KNOWS WOMAN! You CUNTS!:action-sm

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The thing about the show, wearing weird things, wearing makeup, is that it could work.

Option A: You're a young guy looking for an emo chick who probably won't even look twice at you unless you pretty much give another guy a handy in front of her? And even then, sex is less than likely and probably lame.

Option B: If you're looking for some kinky chick who sees the makeup as a sign of submissiveness and will shackle you on all fours in her apartment while teasing your anus with a strap-on. It isn't gay because there isn't penetration.

But I don't see VH1 viewers as falling into either option. I always saw MTV/VH1 people as the type who are into pretty unadventurous, vanilla sex.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
The thing about the show, wearing weird things, wearing makeup, is that it could work.

Option A: You're a young guy looking for an emo chick who probably won't even look twice at you unless you pretty much give another guy a handy in front of her? And even then, sex is less than likely and probably lame.

Option B: If you're looking for some kinky chick who sees the makeup as a sign of submissiveness and will shackle you on all fours in her apartment while teasing your anus with a strap-on. It isn't gay because there isn't penetration.

But I don't see VH1 viewers as falling into either option. I always saw MTV/VH1 people as the type who are into pretty unadventurous, vanilla sex.

you are thinking rationaly like a man... stop that.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I promise none of this shit would work for me and a lot of other sane people with half a brain cell. The evaluations above about what people look for in bars are a tad off. Obviously there are extremes, but come on.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I promise none of this shit would work for me and a lot of other sane people with half a brain cell. The evaluations above about what people look for in bars are a tad off. Obviously there are extremes, but come on.
" THE PICKUP ARTIST" not the Im looking for a girlfriend artist...... ok...

We are talkin 18-21 year olds...that are out to have fun... not meet mr. right.

Big difference.

you cant find a gf in a club... the exeption being the 4th girl in a group of wildwoman that mayby doesnt want to be there... (needle in a haystack) theory.

the reason these guys suck is they are going to a club LOOKING for a gf and the girls can smell it on them... Girls in clubs are looking for excitment not bf's.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I've been the girl in a bar not looking for a boyfriend, I promise. I still don't go for that rehearsed shit.