The Pittsburgh Sports Thread

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Landry has looked decent up until that horrible interception. The bright side is it gave Derrek Moye a chance to make a great hustle play and better his chances to get that 5th receiver spot which I think he deserves.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Well I think Moye definitely locked up the 5th spot over Brown and Landry Jones played himself off the roster in the second half. The big question to me is if Felix Jones will be retained. Right now I think Bell and Redman are definite. Stephens-Howling and Dwyer most likely to make it. The big question is if they'll carry 5 RBs and keep Jones or go with 4 in which case Jones is most likely to be out but Dwyer or Stephens-Howling could conceivably be cut.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
It's over, Pirates fans. Tonight the Pirates got their 81st win which assures that they will not have a losing season even if they lost every game for the rest of the year. The two decade long streak is done.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Plus two games up in the division. Nice to see Travis Snider get to be the hero.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
This weekend marks the most important Pirates games since I was about to turn 10 years old. It'd be nice to see some wins.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Stupid Cardinals are ruining everything.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I took a shit at halftime that was prettier than this game. Another year under Tomlin and another year where the team is worse than it was the year before.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Terrible day. However many games you thought the Steelers would win this year, just subtract two because DeCastro had to take a flying leap at Pouncey's knee for some reason. It's gonna be a long season.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
One game down and three go on IR, lost for the season. Pouncey, Foote and Stephens_Howling all gone after one fucking game. Dwyer has been resigned as well as some new center and a kicker because,,,oh by the way....Suisham hurt his hammy as well.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Well I guess it's time to start Jones, so he can get hurt.

BTW, DeCastro must feel like a huge ass right now. That was a blatant shitty "try" for a block,

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
BTW, DeCastro must feel like a huge ass right now. That was a blatant shitty "try" for a block,
I couldn't even figure out what he was trying to do at first. It was like a pro wrestling heel turn. I was waiting for him to tear off his jersey and have a Browns shirt on underneath.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I couldn't even figure out what he was trying to do at first. It was like a pro wrestling heel turn. I was waiting for him to tear off his jersey and have a Browns shirt on underneath.
It was an attempt at a cut block as the zone blocking system dictates. He wasn't doing the wrong thing. He just missed and hit his own guy. I'm with Brett Keisel 100% on this one. Fuck the zone blocking scheme and fuck cut blocks. Cut blocks should be illegal.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Fuck the zone blocking scheme and fuck cut blocks. Cut blocks should be illegal.
With all the emphasis on player safety over the past few years, it's hard to believe it hasn't been addressed yet. I guess as long as it's not QBs getting hurt, the league doesn't mind.
EDIT: I guess cut blocking was made a "point of focus" in the offseason. Whatever that means. Just put an end to it.

So I can't help but notice that training camp is starting tomorrow and the Pens are still over the salary cap. I really thought Niskanen would be moved by now. You think any GM would be dumb enough to trade for Tanner Glass? That would be a big help.

Last edited:

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
With all the emphasis on player safety over the past few years, it's hard to believe it hasn't been addressed yet. I guess as long as it's not QBs getting hurt, the league doesn't mind.
EDIT: I guess cut blocking was made a "point of focus" in the offseason. Whatever that means. Just put an end to it.
Yet when Tom Brady blew out his knee it took no time at all to make it illegal to hit the knees of quarterbacks. I really wonder if Goodell thinks he's fooling anyone with his favoritism.

So I can't help but notice that training camp is starting tomorrow and the Pens are still over the salary cap. I really thought Niskanen would be moved by now. You think any GM would be dumb enough to trade for Tanner Glass? That would be a big help.
They don't have to trade Tanner. They could buy him out. I'm kinda surprised that Niskanen hasn't been moved yet too.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Chuck Kobasew is at Pens camp on a try out. He's a better option than Zolnierczyk at least.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
That TD throw/play by Brady is exactly why Tomlin is a straight up Ni66er pedestrian coach. Think outside the box killa........the pats got shit on offense, but yet they can score.

2 cents

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
The Pens first preseason game is tomorrow at 6:00 vs the new division rival Blue Jackets. It's on Root locally and NHL Network elsewhere. Thank god for the Pens because the Steelers are going to be tough to watch this season.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Well, that was not as painful a first half as I thought it would be. But, dammit Todd knows how to fuck up a good looking drive with his bullshit trickery plays.....