The Portland & Seattle Thread

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
‘Impeach Trump’ rally in downtown Portland draws small crowd
Updated Jun 15, 1:56 PM; Posted Jun 15, 11:25 AM

A rally calling on Congress to launch an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump drew about 200 protesters Saturday to Terry Schrunk Plaza in downtown Portland.

U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, who represents Portland in Congress, spoke at the rally across from City Hall. He said the Mueller Report did not exonerate Trump and an impeachment inquiry will give people the information they want and deserve.
On the permit request, the organizers said they expected a crowd of around 100,000 protestors.

It's over, Johnny.

Yaaaay they went through all the money allotted for these "asylum seekers" and now want more... hmm I guess the new lib Govenor hasn't been to I dunno upstate to see some of the abject poverty people are living in up there...

Yaaaay they went through all the money allotted for these "asylum seekers" and now want more... hmm I guess the new lib Govenor hasn't been to I dunno upstate to see some of the abject poverty people are living in up there...

Wrong Portland.

I know but, fun fact (not really) some of these asylum seekers thought they were going to the other one... so the joke is on us I guess.

Also LePage is a hoot... he had a book of all the out of staters caught on 95 with drugs (like heroin, fentnyl etc) lets say a lot of dark toner was needed to print these pages out.

I know but, fun fact (not really) some of these asylum seekers thought they were going to the other one... so the joke is on us I guess.

Also LePage is a hoot... he had a book of all the out of staters caught on 95 with drugs (like heroin, fentnyl etc) lets say a lot of dark toner was needed to print these pages out.
I'm just messing with you....funny story. And he's right although he'll be labeled a racist hater for saying that.

I'm just messing with you....funny story. And he's right although he'll be labeled a racist hater for saying that.
Well if you want to yell at him he and his wife are tending bar at McSeagulls (ewww) in Boothbay Harbor... which is kinda cool little harbor upstate a bit.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
"A Republican state senator said if police come, they should "send bachelors and come heavily armed. I'm not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon."

Floyd1977

"A Republican state senator said if police come, they should "send bachelors and come heavily armed. I'm not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon."

Not sure I understand the bachelors refernece

But, obligatory “Imagine if Trump made a similar threat to the house”

Hmm she seems like quite the Nazi... are the Senators who are Republicans from rural areas where at least they recycle the shit on the ground and not let it pile up like in the cities.

BIV

Hmm she seems like quite the Nazi... are the Senators who are Republicans from rural areas where at least they recycle the shit on the ground and not let it pile up like in the cities.
I think so. They are trying to stop them from passing insane climate legislation

domelogic

I think so. They are trying to stop them from passing insane climate legislation

The article I read said they needed 20 votes to be there voting and to pass it. The. I read there are 20 senate dems. If that is true then what is the problem? Besides it being a really stupid idea

BIV

The article I read said they needed 20 votes to be there voting and to pass it. The. I read there are 20 senate dems. If that is true then what is the problem? Besides it being a really stupid idea
They need a quarum to vote. They don't have that without the Republicans.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Oregon is the same state that had a "gross receipts tax" https://taxfoundation.org/oregons-quest-gross-receipts-tax-endsfor-now/ on the ballot a couple of years back which surprisingly failed.

but in fine communist tradition, it is back. https://taxfoundation.org/oregon-gross-receipts-tax/

Some trucking companies left as soon as that went on the ballot as trucking has huge revenues but little net profit and this would kill them.

I see all of their industries that can leave packing their bags, poor lumber industry will be ravaged like a goat in Arabia.

Oregon is the same state that had a "gross receipts tax" https://taxfoundation.org/oregons-quest-gross-receipts-tax-endsfor-now/ on the ballot a couple of years back which surprisingly failed.

but in fine communist tradition, it is back. https://taxfoundation.org/oregon-gross-receipts-tax/

Some trucking companies left as soon as that went on the ballot as trucking has huge revenues but little net profit and this would kill them.

I see all of their industries that can leave packing their bags, poor lumber industry will be ravaged like a goat in Arabia.
And the libs will cheer their loss and predict (wrongly) that those jobs will be replaced by $100k/yr tech jobs