The Portland & Seattle Thread

Fuck it... just sue them...

Portland Police Refused To Help ICE Agents Who Called 911, Agents Say

Portland, Oregon, police refused to respond to at least two 911 emergency calls from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) employees inside their offices where violent protesters held week-long demonstrations.

The National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, a union representing ICE employees, wrote a cease-and-desist letter to Mayor Ted Wheeler, asking him to ensure the police enforce the law equally and protect innocent people.

“Your current policy forbidding Portland law enforcement agencies from assisting employees of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency who request law enforcement assistance while at or away from work is a violation of the United States Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause,” the letter says.

Demonstrators, some affiliated with the domestic terrorist organization Antifa, set up a city of tents outside the ICE offices. After setting up camp, they became violent and incited violence several times.

“Every person in law enforcement knows there are few things as dangerous or as unpredictable than an angry mob,”said Chris Crane, president of the national union, WWeek reported Monday. “No one could have responded quickly enough to protect our employees who were trapped inside this building. All of this because the Mayor of Portland has a beef with the president of the United States.”

The activists were able to get the government to shut down the Portland ICE offices June 20, but were able to return to work July 3, The Daily Caller News Foundation reported.

The Occupy ICE camp was officially shut down July 25, after more than a month of demonstrations. They infected the area so much, the mayor called it a biohazard.

The activists were there protesting President Donald Trump’s enforcement of current immigration laws, many of which were in place since former President Barak Obama was in office. (RELATED: The Occupy ICE Protest Camp In Portland Has A Border Wall)

“We understand that you have a difference of opinion with the current President of the United States, and some of his policies, but we fail to see why targeting the employees of ICE and leaving them vulnerable to violence, harassment and even death furthers a legitimate government interest,” their lawyer, Sean Riddell, says in the letter. “Your policy has created a zone of terror and lawlessness.”

“We ask that you end your policy of not responding to calls for police services from ICE employees immediately,” the ICE union pleads in the letter to the mayor. “We would like to avoid federal litigation, but we are prepared to protect our membership and their families.”

Portland police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Link

Oregon State announces new names for 3 buildingsPosted: Jul 30, 2018 2:43 PM PST Updated: Jul 30, 2018 2:47 PM PST

By The Associated Press

Photos courtesy OSU.

CORVALLIS, OR (AP) -

Oregon State University President Ed Ray has announced new names for three buildings on the Corvallis campus.

The changes were made after students and faculty complained that the buildings had been named for men with racist beliefs.

Ray said Monday that Avery Lodge will now be called Champinefu (CHOM-pin-A-foo) Lodge. The name recognizes the contributions and history of Native Americans within the Willamette Valley. The university says Champinefu translates to: "At the place of the blue elderberry."

Meanwhile, Benton Hall has been renamed Community Hall and Benton Annex is now the Hattie Redmond Women and Gender Center. Redmond was a leader in the effort to achieve voting rights for Oregon women.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
I really had a feeling about this, and 5 minutes of research found this bit of trivia I found interesting about the peace loving native Americans that deserve a building being being named after them.
Ready?

As was the case for many tribes of the Pacific Northwest, the Kalapuya practiced slavery. They generally obtained Indian slaves through trade or as gifts. The slaves were usually captured by enemy peoples during raids.[7] Northern Kalapuya groups, such as the Tualatin and Yamhill, obtained slaves through conquest, raiding bands located on the coast or further south in the Willamette Valley.[7] Slaves were considered a form of wealth; they were traded to obtain desired commodities, including beads, blankets, and canoes.[7] Women and children were preferred as slaves, owing to their comparative ease of control.[7]

Floyd1977

I really had a feeling about this, and 5 minutes of research found this bit of trivia I found interesting about the peace loving native Americans that deserve a building being being named after them.
Ready?

As was the case for many tribes of the Pacific Northwest, the Kalapuya practiced slavery. They generally obtained Indian slaves through trade or as gifts. The slaves were usually captured by enemy peoples during raids.[7] Northern Kalapuya groups, such as the Tualatin and Yamhill, obtained slaves through conquest, raiding bands located on the coast or further south in the Willamette Valley.[7] Slaves were considered a form of wealth; they were traded to obtain desired commodities, including beads, blankets, and canoes.[7] Women and children were preferred as slaves, owing to their comparative ease of control.[7]
I’m sure you’re aware that to leftists, especially Portland leftists the only people who can be resists or are capable of atrocities are white people.

domelogic

Who would live in this place? These people should have been carrying to defend themselves. The mayor should be in jail and the police chief is no better. Disgusting

Anarchy Breaks Out in Portland, With the Mayor’s Blessing
A vicious mob targeted the ICE office and even a food cart. The police followed orders to do nothing.

Portland, Ore.

Along the trolley tracks behind the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement field office, a biohazard cleanup crew works under police protection. It finds used needles and buckets of human waste simmering in nearly 100-degree heat. The smell of urine and feces fills the block. For more than five weeks, as many as 200 people had occupied the site to demand ICE’s immediate abolition. They’re gone now, but a community is left reeling. Thirty-eight days of government-sanctioned anarchy will do that.
A mob surrounded ICE’s office in Southwest Portland June 19. They barricaded the exits and blocked the driveway. They sent “guards” to patrol the doors, trapping workers inside. At night they laid on the street, stopping traffic at a critical junction near a hospital. Police stayed away. “At this time I am denying your request for additional resources,” the Portland Police Bureau’s deputy chief, Robert Day, wrote to federal officers pleading for help. Hours later, the remaining ICE workers were finally evacuated by a small federal police team. The facility shut down for more than a week.
Signs called ICE employees “Nazis” and “white supremacists.” Others accused them of running a “concentration camp,” and demanded open borders and prosecution of ICE agents. Along a wall, vandals wrote the names of ICE staff, encouraging others to publish their private information online.
Federal workers were defenseless. An ICE officer, who asked that his name not be published, told me one of his colleagues was trailed in a car and confronted when he went to pick up his daughter from summer camp. Later people showed up at his house. Another had his name and photo plastered on flyers outside his home accusing him of being part of the “Gestapo.”

Where were the police? Ordered away by Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler, who doubles as police commissioner. “I do not want the @PortlandPolice to be engaged or sucked into a conflict, particularly from a federal agency that I believe is on the wrong track,” he tweeted. “If [ICE is] looking for a bailout from this mayor, they are looking in the wrong place.”
The mob set up camp behind the building, where they harassed journalists and banned photography. The open-borders advocates also erected an 8-foot wall around their site. I walked through and saw young children, including infants, in squalid conditions and 90-degree heat. Every American flag was defaced. Anarchist and communist flags were unsoiled.
Stuart Lindquist, the ICE facility’s 79-year-old landlord, visited his property on June 21. “The political powers in the city of Portland have stopped the police from doing what they normally would do,” he told me. When he attempted to drive into the parking lot, occupiers swarmed and pounded his windows. In the commotion, Mr. Lindquist’s car struck someone in the mob, who wasn’t injured. His home address later appeared online, and he says the harassment hasn’t stopped.
On June 28 federal police mobilized from out of state finally moved to reopen the office. They arrested a handful of people for refusing to leave the ICE office’s front, but the rest retreated to the camp and focused their vitriol on the officers. They repeatedly called a black officer “traitor” and “house n—.” They shouted that they knew where the officers lived, and published more addresses online.
The same day Mayor Wheeler again pledged not to intervene. In a statement, he whitewashed the lawless behavior: “I join those outraged by ICE actions separating parents from their children, and support peaceful protest to give voice to our collective moral conscience.”
The Hakes family, which owns the Happy Camper food cart across the street from ICE’s office, responded to the statement with incredulity. The mob “terrorized our family” and forced the business to close, Julie Hakes told me. Ms. Hakes showed me text messages from her 21-year-old daughter, Brianna, who ran the cart. “Just saw a drug deal,” Brianna reported early on. After members of the anti-ICE mob spotted her selling breakfast burritos to federal officers, the situation deteriorated. “Call me immediately!” Brianna wrote after being accused of “supporting the pigs” and “child deportation.” She said people wearing masks threatened to hurt her and burn down the cart, and the police never responded to their frantic calls.
Randy Glary, a 52-year-old artist and longtime resident, was photographing the camp when he said a group of occupiers knocked his camera into his face. Charles Williams, a 62-year-old man who lives across the street, said someone threatened to stab him with an “AIDS-infected needle.” From his balcony, he saw the “thugs” begin masked street patrols. Others brandished sticks. Lisa Leonard, a 53-year-old disabled resident, said occupiers hit her on her head, disabled her electric wheelchair, and lifted her in the air when she complained about loud drumming. She called police, who took a statement but made no arrests.

The locals who spoke to me all wondered why the city allowed this and ignored their calls for intervention. Peter Simpson, a public-information officer with the Portland Police Bureau, explained that “at the mayor’s direction, PPB involvement was very limited” until July 25.

Back at the trolley tracks, the occupiers have been evicted but taxpayers will have to foot the costly cleanup bill. The Hakes family is still trying to recover. Brianna has decided to move out of the neighborhood. “They know my face and car,” she said. Like other residents I spoke to, she expects the mob to return.

Well this Chief of PoPo looks like a go getter... ooof

You guys are soooooooo fucked.

Ready?

Actually most if not all of the tribes kept slaves... well pretty much everywhere, North and South America, Africa... you name it... Slavery has been going on for a "while" and still is going on and the only people who have seemed to outlaw it is wipo... funny how we are still to blame for it though.

Actually most if not all of the tribes kept slaves... well pretty much everywhere, North and South America, Africa... you name it... Slavery has been going on for a "while" and still is going on and the only people who have seemed to outlaw it is wipo... funny how we are still to blame for it though.
Rasis.
Reported.
Triggered.
Reported.
Hate speech.
Reported.
Tool of the oligarchy.
Reported.
Misogyny.
Reported.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Think they know that if you lose your case after a rent strike all rent is due immediately?
No that's not true. See, they have a sign and #3 on the sign is "no evictions". Soooo

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
#3: No Evictions

Um, shouldn't that be #2? Because if you put #3 into effect, wouldn't that pretty much negate #2: Stop Rent Increase?

Because who the fuck is going to bother paying ANY rent, let alone more rent, when you got #3 going for you? Pretty much does away with #4 too. If nobody is paying rent, and nobody can be evicted, what's to communicate?

#1: Let all the dirtbags move back into their squats.

#2: No evictions.

Boom. Done. Free shit for the shittums all day long all the time.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
So basically, you can just make up some bullshit about being bit by a racist squirrel, report it on the database, and then at the end of the year the media reports "Hate crimes increase by twunny zillion under Trump!"

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
I wanted to visit every state in my lifetime. Thank you Oregon for making it one less state I want to visit. The libs are just insane and there is no end to it. Did I mention they were clean people as well
Just go to the eastern half of it

What about the "bedtime story" ad's claims that you can sell drugs while running a daycare?

Gov. Brown's campaign says that's clearly illegal, and therefore, the ad violates the law.

However, KGW's news partners at the Oregonian last year reported a man was able to run a "hands-off" daycare and own a marijuana dispensary due to a loophole in state law.

In Oregon, TV stations are required to run all political ads that meet certain standards. So far, no station has pulled the ad. -
But how about dude with the dispensary.

Portland case reveals gap in rules to separate day care, cannabis businesses

State regulators allowed a Portland man to have a childcare business in his home while owning a storefront dispensary selling marijuana.

Those potentially dueling interests didn't surface until this summer, after two childcare employees quit and contacted the state. They accused the day care owner, Samuel Watson, of keeping large amounts of marijuana inside his Alameda home and said he was putting children at risk. Watson categorically denies the allegations, and state officials have not found him at fault.

Without key employees, Watson in June was forced to shut down his in-home day care and a second location in Concordia.

Now, Watson's girlfriend is trying to reopen the Concordia day care, in the same location, with a new name. And Watson is trying to open a new state-licensed marijuana shop in the North Portland storefront he previously used for medical marijuana. His girlfriend boasts on social media that she is a "proud co-owner" of the recreational cannabis shop.

The case highlights a loophole in Oregon's attempt to separate the burgeoning marijuana industry from day cares that watch over children.

In 2015, state regulators forced licensed childcare providers to make a choice: profit from pot or kids, not both. New rules prohibited anyone who applies for a childcare license from growing or distributing marijuana, either at the day care or elsewhere.

But the state defines a license holder as the "children's primary caregiver." That leaves room for a hands-off day care owner, such as Watson, to keep selling pot.

State officials say other rules take care of potential problems. No one can grow or distribute marijuana inside a day care, no adults can smoke cannabis with children present, and adults must store marijuana for personal use under lock and key.

Some parents, however, say that letting a cannabis entrepreneur live in a day care facility raises the risk children will be exposed.

"The licensing requirements need to change," said Emily Hensley, who sent her infant daughter to Watson's Concordia day care. Hensley filed a small claim against Watson seeking $1,100 in reimbursement for tuition and alternative childcare.

"People who want to be in the business of childcare should not be in the business of marijuana," Hensley said. "Those things do not mix well."

Others don't want to rush to judgment.

Anthony Taylor, president of Compassionate Oregon, which advocates for medical cannabis patients, said state marijuana rules already offer adequate protections at day cares. Preventing pot entrepreneurs from owning a childcare business could be discriminatory, he said.

"It makes no difference that he owns a dispensary," Taylor said. "It's a red herring."

It's not clear how many day care owners in Oregon also have a financial stake in marijuana, because the Office of Child Care, the state regulator, doesn't ask for that information. Nor does the agency review publicly available marijuana ownership records to identify matches.
Link/More

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...kfired-and-the-lessons-it-offers-for-seattle/

Hold the phone. You're telling me that if you promise to give people free shit, then people will come from far and wide looking to take your free shit?

Who woulda thunk it?
Highly amusing that this fact seems to escape our politicians. However this will clearly be a case for their competition to campaign that they didn't try hard enough to give free shit away and why do they hate the homeless so much?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Hood to Coast announces female chair after 2018 race controversy

The daughter of Hood to Coast founder Bob Foote will take over as chair, after Foote failed to acknowledge the top women's team during the 2018 awards ceremony.

Author: Sara Roth

Published: 5:46 PM PDT August 27, 2018

Updated: 5:49 PM PDT August 27, 2018

PORTLAND, Ore. – Hood to Coast has new leadership, after the founder failed to acknowledge the top female team during an awards ceremony for the 2018 race.

Hood to Coast, an annual relay where runners traverse the state from the top of Mt. Hood to the beach at Seaside, came under fire this year when the founder and chairman, Robert Foote, only mentioned the top men’s teams at the annual awards ceremony.

Hood to Coast racer Emily Pritt posted about the incident on Twitter. Pritt was a participant on the top women’s team, which finished 12th overall.

“At the Awards Ceremony, the top walking, HS and men’s teams were awarded trophies. When we asked why women’s weren’t announced we were told by RD Bob Foote, ‘Go talk to someone who cares,’” she wrote.

Hood to Coast has since apologized for the incident.

On Monday, the race announced Foote’s daughter Felicia Hubber will take over as chairwoman of the race series. Hubber will also keep her role as the Hood to Coast race director, which she has held since 2006.

"As a female, long time runner, and mother I'm extremely enthused about future prospects with the MOTHER OF ALL RELAYS!” Hubber said in a news release.

This guy's jib, I like the cut of it.