The Portland & Seattle Thread

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald
Can Dallas be added to this thread yet?

"
  • Declining to prosecute THC possession cases for first-time offenders, as long as the cases weren't in a drug-free zone and didn't involve evidence of delivery or a deadly weapon.
  • Declining to prosecute thefts of personal items worth less than $750, unless the theft was for financial gain.
  • Dismissing all misdemeanor criminal trespass cases that don't involve a physical intrusion or residence."
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...las-das-reform-plan-could-promote-lawlessness

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Can Dallas be added to this thread yet?

"
  • Declining to prosecute THC possession cases for first-time offenders, as long as the cases weren't in a drug-free zone and didn't involve evidence of delivery or a deadly weapon.
  • Declining to prosecute thefts of personal items worth less than $750, unless the theft was for financial gain.
  • Dismissing all misdemeanor criminal trespass cases that don't involve a physical intrusion or residence."
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...las-das-reform-plan-could-promote-lawlessness
Who cares about “THC” crimes?

Thefts are a different story.

Floyd1977

Who cares about “THC” crimes?

Thefts are a different story.
Yeah, let me get this straight. I can go into a Walmart, pick up a mid size Samsung 4K tv, walk out with it without paying, and if I get away with it great, if I get caught, nothing happens to me. Is that right? This should go great.

What if I steal an item for 749.99. Does tax count toward the threshold?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Yeah, let me get this straight. I can go into a Walmart, pick up a mid size Samsung 4K tv, walk out with it without paying, and if I get away with it great, if I get caught, nothing happens to me. Is that right? This should go great.

What if I steal an item for 749.99. Does tax count toward the threshold?
Next, criminals will be able to return stolen goods for a refund.

I mean, why not?

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I was reading that some stupid liberal city that was proposing one of these shoplifting amnesty laws was only going to have it apply to "basic necessity goods". Like you could steal diapers, baby formula, laundry detergent, etc... and it wouldn't be prosecuted, but if you stole like a TV you'd get arrested.

Bullshit, because- 1) The cops still aren't going to respond to shoplifting calls, because the last thing they want to do is fuck around arguing with ghetto street lawyers over how a $300 pair of basketball sneakers is clothing necessary for survival.

And 2) The ghetto rats would just steal "basic necessities", and sell them for cash. These sorts of shoplifted goods black markets already exist, and the shoplifting amnesty laws would just see them expanded into cottage industries.

Oh- just membered.

Costco used to issue corporate cards to church groups, and what happened was the ghetto storefront churches would get a card, and share it between the parishioners. So what you saw at all the school basketball games and track meets, was members of the black churches going around selling juice boxes and ice cream cones for a buck a pop, all of them clearly labeled "not for retail sale".

Another enterprise was the fat black lady who would be at the coin-op laundromat selling shots of detergent out of a big Costco-sized Tide bottle for fitty cent.

I think Costco did away with the corporate cards for churches, because I don't see nearly as many blacks in Costco as I used to.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Check out this retard

I honestly wish I'd never started smoking. Getting cigarettes as a pre-teen was as easy as putting four quarters into the machine at LLoyds Brake Shop up on Foothill Blvd, (yes it was spelled LLoyds), if the mechanics asked what we were doing we'd just say "dad sent me to get him a pack of cigarettes". We need to establish a standard age that a person is able to enjoy all of the opportunities available to an adult, not 16 for this 18 for that and 21 for some other thing. I'm not sure what that age should be.
I can remember as a little kid getting smokes for my dad with a note...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Hey, the Washington government/Inslee actually did something good.

Floyd1977

Hey, the Washington government/Inslee actually did something good.

In a sense, yes. I don’t think dumb kids should be branded for life for such a thing. but probably shouldn’t be encouraged either.

No daughter for this guy?