The Portland Thread

Yes we know tax the fuck out of the "rich" and throw money at the problems right?

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I read an article about Seattle, and their coddling of the homeless, and I'm sure it's a pretty similar situation to Portland.

A guy did the math, and he figured out that if they took all the money Seattle shovels into the black hole of homeless programs, and they instead just handed all that money directly to the homeless...

$100,000/year.

If they bypassed all bullshit graft and bureaucracy, they could just pay each bum a six-figure salary to be a bum.

Doing so would probably be fantastically successful at lowering the number of homeless, because 90% of the junkies and bums who got their hands on $100,000 would be dead of alcohol poisoning and/or overdoses within a month.

I read an article about Seattle, and their coddling of the homeless, and I'm sure it's a pretty similar situation to Portland.

A guy did the math, and he figured out that if they took all the money Seattle shovels into the black hole of homeless programs, and they instead just handed all that money directly to the homeless...

$100,000/year.

If they bypassed all bullshit graft and bureaucracy, they could just pay each bum a six-figure salary to be a bum.

Doing so would probably be fantastically successful at lowering the number of homeless, because 90% of the junkies and bums who got their hands on $100,000 would be dead of alcohol poisoning and/or overdoses within a month.
Win win... but what would all those poor out of work bleeding heart civil servants do?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
There's no possible way this will backfire spectacularly. It just can't happen.
I’ve been catching shit for years because I wouldn’t rent my spare house, I know better, renters are entitled fucking pigs, I had a girl from high school approach me asking to rent it, I did 30 seconds of reasearch on her... yea, multiple hugbook posts complaining about her “shitty landlord” I did tell her I would rent it to her, for $2000 a month

I’ve been catching shit for years because I wouldn’t rent my spare house, I know better, renters are entitled fucking pigs, I had a girl from high school approach me asking to rent it, I did 30 seconds of reasearch on her... yea, multiple hugbook posts complaining about her “shitty landlord” I did tell her I would rent it to her, for $2000 a month
Why don't you just sell it.

People keep on about Trump is rasis because they didn't rent to negros, but every rental owner I've talked to complains the negro will tear shit up at a rate way higher than other ethnic groups.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
People keep on about Trump is rasis because they didn't rent to negros, but every rental owner I've talked to complains the negro will tear shit up at a rate way higher than other ethnic groups.
My buddy owned a bunch of section 8 homes in Wilmington Delaware, even though they weren’t responsible for paying the rent the tenants would intentionally damage the homes then complain to the housing authority that he was a deadbeat landlord and to not pay the rent. The girl that I didn’t want to rent to was bitching on hugbook about a broken washing machine, then complaining that the landlord raised the rent after he replaced the washer and dryer, the price of heating oil was also very high at the time, if there one thing renters love it’s “free heat” and that was one of her demands when she asked to rent my property, having lived in that house for 15 years, I know full well how much oil tha hunk of shit heater burned and there was no way I was paying for that purple haired cunt to have it 75deg with the windows open, she was also a “cat lady” so you know the place would have stunk of cat piss within 2 days.
We had a rental property in philly, that dead beat fucker was two months behind on his rent and his excuse was that there were blown out light bulbs (because they were in the ceiling they were not his responsibility) and the dishwasher was not washing the dishes, we sold the place

Creasy Bear

Donator
What the Oregon rent control laws will accomplish is to drive the "mom and pop" landlords out of the market, and see them all replaced with big slumlord corporations who give far less of a shit about keeping their shit maintained than any private owner ever would.

There is worse. Renting to people who previously lived in a 3rd world hovel. My Landlord told me some horror stories renting to Indians.

Creasy Bear

Donator
There is worse. Renting to people who previously lived in a 3rd world hovel. My Landlord told me some horror stories renting to Indians.
The one, and only, time I rented to non-whites.

I once(and only once) rented to a family of N-persons. Their background check was impeccable... the guy had a steady job with a decent income and a really high credit rating. They rented for a year, paid the rent like clockwork, and they left the property in perfect condition when they left... I gave the Schvoogieson's security deposit back to them without any qualms, and I shook Pappy Schvoogieson's hand and gave him a "pleasure doin' bidness witcha."

Three months later... spring has sprung... an unseasonably warm March... the new tenants in the property called me and complain about the roach infestation and the horrible smell.

It turns out that it had been young Tyrone Schvoogieson's duty to move the trashcan from behind the house on garbage day, and bring it around to the curb. Well... it was a real cold winter, the driveway was long and choked with snow(shoveling being another neglected chore), and apparently young Tyrone decided it would be easier to just take the bags out of the trashcan and toss them into the crawlspace under the back of the house... for about two months.

And when the warm weather and the thaw came... the party began. Two months worth of fried chicken bones and watermelon rinds rotting beneath the house. The smell was ungodly... maggots, mice, raccoons, cockroaches...fucking wonderful.

I rounded up a bunch of Mexican day laborers at the Home Depot who said they were willing to work for 8 bucks/hour. After they saw the horror they were up against they tripled their rates... and I gladly accepted their terms. God bless those little brown bastards... it was an utter nightmare... they crawled under the house and shoveled out all of the putrefaction and even scooped it out with their hands... I couldn't even stay to watch it was so nasty.

The clean-up ended up costing me around 500 bucks and the exterminator was about 400. The tenants I had moved out during the clean-up so I lost a months rent there and I gave them a month after rent free for their troubles... two months rent... another 1000 down the shitter.

I took it in the ass to the tune of about $2000. Damn those bothersome negroes.
That lazy little nig nog fucker stuffed two months of garbage underneath my house... his own house... where he lived.

Fucking animals.