NETFLIX The Punisher

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Marvel's The Punisher spin-off ordered by Netflix
Exclusive: Jon Bernthal to reprise role, 'Hannibal' veteran to serve as showrunner

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring the viglante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders, along with Jessica Jones (and in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in).

Word that Netflix was working on a potential Punisher spin-off was first reported by TV Line last summer. Netflix and Marvel are expected to publicly announce the project later today. Here is the first teaser image for the new series:

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Completely unnecessary IMHO.

I wonder who they'll team him up with.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I really wish they could find a way to have Spidey pop in on one of these series.

DrewDown

All are welcome
I'd be far more interested in this version of The Punisher

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I really wish they could find a way to have Spidey pop in on one of these series.
There's a way, but it's unlikely.

The current deal is Marvel gets to "borrow" him for CvS and Infinity War and they keep the monies, and they will produce Homecoming and let Sony keep the monies. The deal is already changing, as RDJ has been added to the cast of Homecoming. If Homecoming is a Billion Dollar hit, Sony is going to want Marvel to keep producing the movies obviously. And Marvel is going to want Spidey to keep showing up in their projects. It makes the most sense for him to show up in the Netflix Series.

Here's what I see potentially happening - Marvel just gave Netflix a 5th series they hadn't negotiated. Perhaps part of the deal is that they're going to convert the Defenders series into a feature film. How freaking tits would that be? If they do that, THAT'S where you have Spidey show up. (And Doctor Strange, of course.) Maybe you make it a two part film, with Sony releasing 1 and Marvel releasing the other? I don't know. It's a lot to figure out, but if you're planning for a Phase 4 without Cap and Iron Man, you need something bigger than Captain Marvel and the Inhumans.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
There's a way, but it's unlikely.

The current deal is Marvel gets to "borrow" him for CvS and Infinity War and they keep the monies, and they will produce Homecoming and let Sony keep the monies. The deal is already changing, as RDJ has been added to the cast of Homecoming. If Homecoming is a Billion Dollar hit, Sony is going to want Marvel to keep producing the movies obviously. And Marvel is going to want Spidey to keep showing up in their projects. It makes the most sense for him to show up in the Netflix Series.

Here's what I see potentially happening - Marvel just gave Netflix a 5th series they hadn't negotiated. Perhaps part of the deal is that they're going to convert the Defenders series into a feature film. How freaking tits would that be? If they do that, THAT'S where you have Spidey show up. (And Doctor Strange, of course.) Maybe you make it a two part film, with Sony releasing 1 and Marvel releasing the other? I don't know. It's a lot to figure out, but if you're planning for a Phase 4 without Cap and Iron Man, you need something bigger than Captain Marvel and the Inhumans.
With the success of the Netflix properties, the other thing I've been thinking is possible is a Netflix Defenders Infinity war film. Something that, timeline wise, runs the same time as the cinematic release but shows the street level effects of the conflict. Add some crossover events/characters and Marvel doesn't have to worry about fans complaining that these characters didn't get crammed into the films.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I think he works better as a supporting member of Daredevil. But I'll give this series a shot.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It will still be better than that Jessica Jones shit.

Pigdango

Donator
The only Long Road song that matters is the Enterprise theme
What the fuck is this?!?!?!

Jesus Christ I was taking jabs at STB because of Sabotage and this was a real thing? Christ almighty, Star Trek...

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
What the fuck is this?!?!?!

Jesus Christ I was taking jabs at STB because of Sabotage and this was a real thing? Christ almighty, Star Trek...
It's originally from Patch Adams. The version from seasons 3 and 4 are even more awesome. @DR. Jimcy M.E. can attest.

Pigdango

Donator
It's originally from Patch Adams. The version from seasons 3 and 4 are even more awesome. @DR. Jimcy M.E. can attest.
I swear to god I thought you were fucking with me, but this looks like the actual opening credits:

It looks like someone's class project.