NETFLIX The Punisher

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I really liked it. Didn't go over the top. Didn't get douchey.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I love that the added bonus of them being so afraid and making this a standalone series was ZERO mention of any "incident" or neighborhood of Manhattan spoken of as some independent realm.

Will say it again, that and the realistic fight scenes now make the other series look bad. No one is gonna put up with those drawn-out hallway fight scenes that look choreographed by Alvin Ailey now.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
I love that the added bonus of them being so afraid and making this a standalone series was ZERO mention of any "incident" or neighborhood of Manhattan spoken of as some independent realm.

Will say it again, that and the realistic fight scenes now make the other series look bad. No one is gonna put up with those drawn-out hallway fight scenes that look choreographed by Alvin Ailey now.
The hallway fight scenes may be kept to just DD, if this show does anything it should help them accept its ok for each show to have its own style and feel.

And of course jessica jones should be in the bin

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
The hallway fight scenes may be kept to just DD, if this show does anything it should help them accept its ok for each show to have its own style and feel.
They were in Defenders too...and Iron Fist. No, DD almost ruined the whole universe with that. I'm laughing now at some of you guys defending that dancey shit in the threads for those shows, I really am.

And of course jessica jones should be in the bin
Fuck that, I couldn't get enough of Tennant as Kilgrave.

In fact, JJ will work even MORE now, as how Punisher touches on gun violence, which is topical, the Kilgrave plotline touches on abuse of women. If they are smart they will have women characters come forward with Kilgrave stories. It could really work well.

NuttyJim

Great series. Wish we would’ve gotten Wilson Fisk before DD Season 3

Muscles

Punisher was perfect. None of the characters were annoying like Iron Fist or Daredevil. Felt complete and there wasn't any episodes that dragged. Bernthal carried it so well. Brutal fight sequences, especially the final episode.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
This show is good but it makes the same mistake many shows do. It sacrifices character for plot.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
This show is good but it makes the same mistake many shows do. It sacrifices character for plot.
I'm shocked that you'd watch a Marvel thing.

I haven't watched a second of it yet. I wanted to, but it wouldn't allow for download, which put me off (I watch a fair amount of garbage on my phone), and then all that other stuff kept popping up. Mindhunters, Godless, etc. And now it's like, should I bother? Then it was like, should I bother with any of the Netflix Marvel shows? Which of them am I truly invested in? I can take or leave Daredevil and Luke Cage. Defenders was a dud. I'm interested in Jessica Jones but not dying to see it. The only one I'm genuinely interested in is Iron Fist for all the wrong reasons.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm shocked that you'd watch a Marvel thing.

I haven't watched a second of it yet. I wanted to, but it wouldn't allow for download, which put me off (I watch a fair amount of garbage on my phone), and then all that other stuff kept popping up. Mindhunters, Godless, etc. And now it's like, should I bother? Then it was like, should I bother with any of the Netflix Marvel shows? Which of them am I truly invested in? I can take or leave Daredevil and Luke Cage. Defenders was a dud. I'm interested in Jessica Jones but not dying to see it. The only one I'm genuinely interested in is Iron Fist for all the wrong reasons.
I thought why not give it a shot? First episode was legit. Slow decline after that. One of the side stories is going somewhere but worthless. Two of the main actors are mediocre portraying mediocre characters. I can deal with those things but as soon as smart people start doing dumb things for the sake of the plot I immediately check out. Probably have Lost to thank for that.

I doubt you'd like it but you definitely wouldn't hate it. I also watched a few epis of Daredevil and it's better than that.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I thought why not give it a shot? First episode was legit. Slow decline after that. One of the side stories is going somewhere but worthless. Two of the main actors are mediocre portraying mediocre characters. I can deal with those things but as soon as smart people start doing dumb things for the sake of the plot I immediately check out. Probably have Lost to thank for that.

I doubt you'd like it but you definitely wouldn't hate it. I also watched a few epis of Daredevil and it's better than that.
Maybe. I think another thing is the 13 episodes. After watching most of the previous Netflix series, I know the format/formula and the idea of spending 13 hours with that is like bleh. I wish there was some site that told you what you needed to watch from a certain series to get caught up.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
finally getting to this show :

liked the first ep a lot. My only nitpick is who the fuck picks on the guy who swings a sledgehammer all day and night? Are there people that stupid in the real world? You don't pick on him not because you never know who someone is (and he may be The Punisher) but because by swinging the sledgehammer all day and night he's capable of really kicking your ass. Who's fucking messing with that guy?

ep 2: even Marvel and Netflix understand that a man bun is gay. @Creasy Bear

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
finally getting to this show :

liked the first ep a lot. My only nitpick is who the fuck picks on the guy who swings a sledgehammer all day and night? Are there people that stupid in the real world? You don't pick on him not because you never know who someone is (and he may be The Punisher) but because by swinging the sledgehammer all day and night he's capable of really kicking your ass. Who's fucking messing with that guy?

ep 2: even Marvel and Netflix understand that a man bun is gay. @Creasy Bear
They probably knew he was military too. Yeah, real smart to fuck with that guy.

They also called him retard which made no sense. He didn't give off any sort of retard vibe.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
They probably knew he was military too. Yeah, real smart to fuck with that guy.

They also called him retard which made no sense. He didn't give off any sort of retard vibe.
They watched Walking Dead.

SLAMMED!

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
ep 3: I felt the Punisher learning to trust Micro stuff went on way too long. I get it, he has to be paranoid to survive, but still too much screen time. Also wasn't feeling that Soul Man v. Micro scene. Wearing my iphone in my left breast pocket saved my life. Nigga, please.

ep 4: "Pissed off beats scared every time." QFMFT. Punisher, my nigga.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
It was surprisingly decent, although there's definitely a dearth of Ward Meachum.
I don't doubt it's decent, it's just being burnt out on Marvel shows and having other things I want to watch. I might start Bates Motel after Goliath and do Punisher after S1.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I don't doubt it's decent, it's just being burnt out on Marvel shows and having other things I want to watch. I might start Bates Motel after Goliath and do Punisher after S1.
My wife loved Bates Motel so much she pulled a Liddy and made me watch the premiere of The Good Doctor.