NETFLIX The Punisher

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
The violence is great. On the off chance it actually happens. Too much talking, not enough shooting. I'm not a fan of where the back story is going, either.

Just kinda stopped watching after either episode 4 or 5. I'm not even sure.

WhiteHonkyDevil

It's necessary.

They only established Microchip existed in DD; not Jigsaw. They need to retcon him in somehow since he's the nemesis.
While that's fine, I just don't care.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
well I've gone n put that in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

Frankie_b

I'm so glad Madanis friend died thinking 'This dumb bitch right here'

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Episode 1 was pretty great. I just hope it doesn't turn into a story about everyone around Castle and is more about Castle himself. I still don't give half a shit about cop lady.
You will soon enough. Damn that bitch is SMOKING.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Up to halfway point of E3 now, Kandahar. Not hating the series so far, but I'm not fond of the retcon of the Micro backstory. Although I guess they do give it a spirit of kindred brothers in a way.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
The violence is great. On the off chance it actually happens.
This is what I've seen many people say. They like the Punisher because he's not afraid of horrific violence, but the show is all about finding excuses to not commit violence to attempt to make him deeper or whatever.

WhiteHonkyDevil

This is what I've seen many people say. They like the Punisher because he's not afraid of horrific violence, but the show is all about finding excuses to not commit violence to attempt to make him deeper or whatever.
That's what I was unable to articulate at three o'clock this morning. Thank you.

Frankie_b

There's already a bunch of articles online from faggots saying punisher should be showing that gun violence is a problem.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
There's already a bunch of articles online from faggots saying punisher should be showing that gun violence is a problem.
Please link. That sounds like informative reading. I think we can all learn a thing or two from these "woke" people.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Not hating the series so far, but I'm not fond of the retcon of the Micro backstory. Although I guess they do give it a spirit of kindred brothers in a way.
Remember, Micro was introduced at the end of DD S2 with the disc. We didn't see him, but knew he existed then.

WhiteHonkyDevil

Fuck. That's right up there with the people that thought it should be shelved for even longer because of the Las Vegas shooting. It's a fucking Netflix show, it's not being forced on anyone.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Finishing up the last few episodes. The soundtrack to this show is terrific. The people who made this should be the next group to make The Defenders season 2. This has been one excellent series under the Marvel tv umbrella.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Personally ran across two folks watching this on their phones today while around town in NY. While that happens with other shows, I've not run across two folks in a day watching DD, or even GoT. I think that's a damned pretty good sampling of how popular this is.

My dad has been watching and enjoying it and he's the farthest thing from a comic book nerd.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
On episode 9 now. I'm enjoying it, they tried to give these characters more depth than I expected, which makes for a better experience.

NotSoFast

My dad has been watching and enjoying it and he's the farthest thing from a comic book nerd.
If it didn’t have "Marvel" in the title and you never heard of the Punisher, you'd never know it was based on a comic book.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
If it didn’t have "Marvel" in the title and you never heard of the Punisher, you'd never know it was based on a comic book.
True. Absolutely not superhero-y in any fashion. Nice that they didn’t try to shoe-horn.