• is not going to come

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • I have hope it will come but I doubt it

Votes: 74 45.1%

• Total voters

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Ever since Imus, Opie has been talking about the inevitable pushback from the majority against the PC Minority.

Do you think this pushback will come? Because this PC bullshit has been going on for quite awhile and there hasn't yet been a sign of a mass group of people willing to fight back or a corporation not willing to back down. Will it come eventually or are we stuck?

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
It'll be a while. When it starts affecting people's wallets they'll wake up.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
This is just the fucking beginning of this shit. Everything we do now has to be politically correct. If you look at the movie industy the good movies do ok while the kiddy shit shatters box offices. In FM radio, the safe radio shows like Bob and Tom and Lex and Terry are getting more and more syndications (granted they're in small markets) every month. And OandA are losing the big ones where you'd think the people want edgy radio. The religous fuckjobs in this country are getting what they want. and the fucking minorities won't stop till we have stop signs printed in twenty different fucking languages. If I was wealthy I don't know if I'd be here.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
I think all this shit only applies to white men.Look at rap blah blah blah everything is ok if you are an oppressed negro african american or anything but a white male.Sooner or later I believe this is going to change because we are only going to take so much of this shit.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
it will come. but probably not anytime soon. it takes freak incidents like the janet jackson thing to make people overreact. to make it go the other way requires the same type thing. and you need enough powerful entertainers with balls to follow through on that

Johnny Cakes

Obama president Nah!
May 3, 2006
Central NJ
You think its bad now?

Wait until Hillary (or God-forbid Obama) is president.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
You think its bad now?

Wait until Hillary (or God-forbid Obama) is president.
Yes, yes, we know, communism. :icon_roll

Unless something major changes, it'll get worse no matter who is in office. The problem (at least in this case) has so much more to do with the people and the corporations. This problem is beyond politics or laying the blame on whoever is in office.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
If the reparations movement ever gains any momentum you'll see a pushback then. Barring that probably nothing will stop it.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
Like everything else in my life..

I see it getting alot worse before it has a chance of getting better

Feb 20, 2007
I see pretty much every post here correct, its just getting worse. It just makes more sense that its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Ain't gonna happen. The USA is slipping as a world power. The PC movement is just one aspect of our slide into third-world status.

Don't we even get "emerging nation" status first? Do we HAVE to slip straight into third-world goodness?

Yes, yes, we know, communism. :icon_roll

Unless something major changes, it'll get worse no matter who is in office. The problem (at least in this case) has so much more to do with the people and the corporations. This problem is beyond politics or laying the blame on whoever is in office.

BINGO! The corporations are who's driving the PC shenanigans. And the LIARS **cough**, (sorry) LAWYERS are the muscle. No way it's just gonna stop.

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
Never gonna happen. People just don't have the attention spans or the motivation to do anything. Unless something affects them directly, people don't care.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
I first heard about political correctness in 1988 from one of my high school teachers, and the only thing I've seen when it comes to PC is that it grows and grows. I've seen no sign that it will go away, want to know why it won't go away? People are stupid. Or to be more accurate, they do not like to think if they don't have to, so either they'll think banning "bad words" is a good thing and feel beeter about themselves and the "positive" impact they've made on the world with no real effort at all, or they think it doesn't matter to them so they don't give a crap. The people who do see what PC actually is and what it does are in the minority, and let's face it none of those people have been willing (at least up until now) to fight it. PC won't go away for a long time, unfortunately -unless there is a real battle against it that results in some sort of legal challenge, for example a supreme court ruling that hate crime legislation is unconstitutional (I know I skipped 4 steps in logic there, but I view hate crime legislation as the ultimate extension of PC and white guilt). Anyway, grrrr. :mad4:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
were doomed, the only way its going to get better is when civil war II comes along, and even then its only going to get worse, the good old days are over. this is 1984

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
If the reparations movement ever gains any momentum you'll see a pushback then. Barring that probably nothing will stop it.
I don't know if the reperations movement will ever gain signifcant momentum. A few years ago, the Union Pacific Railroad was sued for reperations for darkies who accused railroads UP had absorbed over the years of using slaves to build the railroad. I believe that case was thrown out because modern day UP couldn't be held responsible for what companies 150 years ago did. If the negro keeps going after companies that had NOTHING to do with slavery, it will lose gas and die.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Yeah, it's going to take something waaaay more important than a few radio guys getting fired to get this backlash going for real. No idea what it will be, but it's going to have to piss a shit ton of people off.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
People are going to start pushing back. I might just start the movement myself.
Sometimes it only takes one person to stand up and others will follow

{movie} People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved, who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference. {movie}

Who's right? I don't know. But in this PC fight it seems one sides voice is alot louder. So much so that corporations will cave in just to avod hearing them. And as stated earlier people just don't care enough to get involved. damn.. we're doomed..

And yeah and it was a chick movie reference. what?!?!? It fits into what I was saying.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
it will never happen unless people find a common cause. as long as we continue to elect people into government that continue to take away our rights, then it will continue. unfortunately for us, the majority of politicians are bought and don't give two shits about our freedoms. and then the ones that do are played off as "kooks" or "fringe".

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I see it coming and I work in the most liberal of all environments: I am a teacher in Massachusetts.

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
Nov 15, 2004
medication cabinet
It will be a long time but everything goes in cycles over time. It's just not happening anytime soon.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
It will get worse before it gets better, and that's the only way it will get better.

Because eventually, these PC fucks will go after someone who honestly doesn't give a shit who he/she offends, and they'll be the ones to stand up and say "Fuck you, I can offend whoever I want, and if you don't like it, don't fucking listen."

We all say that now, but it's gonna take someone everyone will listen to. It should be someone in Hollywood, so all the others in Hollywood who want to say it but are hiding, will finally have the courage to stand up.

I think it'll take more big movies like "Superbad" and the real gallows, blue humor. People love that stuff, and another one even worse will easily get attacked by the PC fucks. That's when the actors will stand up.

The more censorship, the more people will finally fight back.