OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Range Report

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by the Streif, Mar 10, 2013.

1. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

Post the results of your range outings here. Remember folks, Pics or GTFO! ;)

2. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

3. the Streif

Donator

Went today and took my HK P2000SK .357 sig and the USP 9mm. It's the first time shooting them since I had new Meprolight night sights put on the slides and also the first time shooting the USP since I converted the trigger over from DA/SA to the new Match-Light LEM hybrid trigger.

My shooting with the SK was pretty good and had no complaints with the gun itself, ammo however was a different story. Shot some WWB and had two squibs and a primer pocket blow out. Switched over to S&B and had no problems. I would post pics of the targets but I didn't think to get pics till I had switched over to the 9mm.

The new trigger system on the 9 is incredible. It's basically a Light LEM set up but with a few parts swapped out with HK's match hammer spring, match trigger nickle plated sear spring, match trigger return spring and the match trigger with the over-travel stop screw in it. About a 4 pound break with a 3/32" reset.

The results:

75 rounds @ 45':
    [​IMG]

I have the over-travel screw set right at the edge of not being able to fire the gun so it's not currently being used for SD, more of a fun range gun. If I ever do decide to use it for SD I will take the over-travel screw out.

4. the Streif

Donator

See, now I'm starving.