The reason you don't have a jet-pack and won't live to be 500

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Globalists? Do I win?

I think we attacked this ridiculous graph in one of the threads. Maybe it was the post something funny one.

But seriously, how do they measure scientific advancement? What about Native Americans? How come Christianity is blamed for them? Arabs were fighting the Crusades, shouldn't they have been inventing new gear to defeat the Christians?

Besides, it wasn't the Christian dark ages that did it. I read in a book that all the smart people decided to take their ball and go home by hiding out in some commune in Colorado. They were mad at Obama.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I wouldn't want a jet pack. An anti gravity belt would be much cooler.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
How did we move from simple tools to machinery that did stuff on its own? It used to be you could tell what every part of an item did. When did it go to confusion as to the purpose of every element? Was it Babbage and the Eniac? Because I want to know the guy who figured out that next stage of technological evolution.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
How did we move from simple tools to machinery that did stuff on its own? It used to be you could tell what every part of an item did. When did it go to confusion as to the purpose of every element? Was it Babbage and the Eniac? Because I want to know the guy who figured out that next stage of technological evolution.
I'd say the Spinning Jenny was the first step towards that. So blame James Hargreaves.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Sorry, but I have to go with the Atari Jaguar.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Please, it's just another example of how Christianity saved our asses. If it weren't for the dark ages, we would have blown ourselves up with nukes 200 years ago.

Besides, it wasn't the Christian dark ages that did it. I read in a book that all the smart people decided to take their ball and go home by hiding out in some commune in Colorado. They were mad at Obama.
John Galt was kind of a dick.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA

This is reason 467 of why I Hate, Hate, Hate, religion. Fucking christians gypped us good.

What units are represented by the Y axis on that graph and how do you tally the numerous scientific advancements into a numerical and plottable representation? Is a Hanging Garden worth 10 moon launches or what?

How do you explain societies largely unaffected by the Dark Ages, such as the Americas and Asia?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
What units are represented by the Y axis on that graph and how do you tally the numerous scientific advancements into a numerical and plottable representation? Is a Hanging Garden worth 10 moon launches or what?

How do you explain societies largely unaffected by the Dark Ages, such as the Americas and Asia?
Thank you for repeating what I said in the second post in this thread.

John Galt was kind of a dick.
He wasn't a dick. He just understood that the super bestest and smart people agree with one another about everything.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Christian theocracies were a defining feature of the Dark Ages, but religion didn't bring about that era in history. You can blame the fall of the Roman Empire for that.

Aug 5, 2004
That graph looks like a sweet skate ramp. afternoonquil should test it out for some #shredding.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Being a practicing Christian sure didn't stop this guy from making strides in science:

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
In modern times religion does the most damage in impeding the life sciences. Christianity never stopped anybody from building a rocket. Christians fucking looooove building rockets.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
The nazis were christian.
Not this again. They weren't Christians, and they weren't not Christians. They were Nazis, and they used whatever it is they could to get their way. When it was opportune to seem Christians, that's what they did. When it wasn't, they weren't. They certainly weren't driven by Christian values. They were driven by Nationalist and Hitlerite values.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If you lived to be 500 years old, you'd probably be insane. Life would just be a blur because of our relative perception of time. The longer you live, the shorter a year seems in comparison to total amount of time that's already passed.

Last edited:

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
If you lived to be 500 years old, you'd probably be insane. Life would just be a blur because our relative perception of time. The longer you live, the shorter a year seems in comparison to total amount of time that's already passed.
Is that why vampires are all such a bunch of weirdos?