The Recipe Thread: For Recipes

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Anyone ever start randomly perusing for new recipes and everything sounds boring? Well if you find anything new or exciting, bring it here.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Grilled cheese with bacon and olives.

Make bacon

Slice green olives in half

Assemble grilled cheese - add bacon and olives before cooking

Cook.

Yum.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Grilled cheese with bacon and olives.

Make bacon

Slice green olives in half

Assemble grilled cheese - add bacon and olives before cooking

Cook.

Yum.
What cheeses do you use? Grilled cheese is a meaningless term.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
I've been working on/experimenting with the perfect Dan Dan noodle. It's one of those dishes that is easy to make but hard to master.

I got the hot version down pretty well but my cold version isn't quit tweaked yet.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
Salty indeed.

What's the Dan Dan noodle attraction?
They are a lot like barbecue or chili in that they are not overly complicated but have lots of subtle nuance. Everybody has their own version and everyone thinks there's is better than everyone else's. It's just one of those Foods that's fun to Tinker with.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I’m not a huge fan of white meat chicken, I find it kind of completely boring, I understand it’s supposed to be that way, but, meh, I’ve grown bored of dry bland garbage or dancing through hoops of marinades to get it edible
I’ve been experimenting with a few things, lately I’ve been fascinated with “beating my meat”
Tonight’s turned out well

Two Costco boneless chicken breasts “butterflied” to about 1/2 an inch, then pounded even thinner probably about 1/4.
Liberal application of my go to “nature’s season” a drizzling of sesame oil, and a few pinches of “extra hot” curry powder I picked up at the Indian market, not a lot just a light pinch and only on one side, a little goes a long way, got my gas grill super hot, and put the chicken on, let it go about 1 minute, flipped it over cooked it another minute and shut the grill off, then let it sit with the lid closed for about 5 mins, I actually bought a set of “man grates” the cast iron holds the heat well but they do like to rust.
Took it off and wrapped it in foil and let it sit wrapped in foil for another few minutes, this is my new “go to” method, the thin chicken combined with the quick cook and foil finish keeps the meat surprisingly juicy and flavorful.

I also will sometimes just do olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, or a quick soak in salsa or similar “Mexican” spices using the same technique. None of these take very long to maranade usually about 15 mins.
It takes a little practice to get the cooking time down correctly if you cook it too long it will turn into chicken jerky.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I’m not a huge fan of white meat chicken, I find it kind of completely boring, I understand it’s supposed to be that way, but, meh, I’ve grown bored of dry bland garbage or dancing through hoops of marinades to get it edible
I’ve been experimenting with a few things, lately I’ve been fascinated with “beating my meat”
Tonight’s turned out well

Two Costco boneless chicken breasts “butterflied” to about 1/2 an inch, then pounded even thinner probably about 1/4.
Liberal application of my go to “nature’s season” a drizzling of sesame oil, and a few pinches of “extra hot” curry powder I picked up at the Indian market, not a lot just a light pinch and only on one side, a little goes a long way, got my gas grill super hot, and put the chicken on, let it go about 1 minute, flipped it over cooked it another minute and shut the grill off, then let it sit with the lid closed for about 5 mins, I actually bought a set of “man grates” the cast iron holds the heat well but they do like to rust.
Took it off and wrapped it in foil and let it sit wrapped in foil for another few minutes, this is my new “go to” method, the thin chicken combined with the quick cook and foil finish keeps the meat surprisingly juicy and flavorful.

I also will sometimes just do olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, or a quick soak in salsa or similar “Mexican” spices using the same technique. None of these take very long to maranade usually about 15 mins.
It takes a little practice to get the cooking time down correctly if you cook it too long it will turn into chicken jerky.
Enjoy your boneless chicken breasts faget. Did you sip a pink lady while you made it?

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Enjoy your boneless chicken breasts faget. Did you sip a pink lady while you made it?
Meh, I prefer thighs, but they can be a pain in the ass to cook some times. I buy the breasts as “meat type filler” they come packed in easy to handle cryopacks two to a pack, are relatively inexpensive from Costco and freeze well.
I also have trouble cooking bone in chicken on the grill, it takes too long and I can dry that shit out like no one else I know. I’m all about “fast” lately, I’ve also been too lazy to drag out my wok burner, it needs some more upgrades so I haven’t been doing stir fry as much as I should, that’s actually my preferred method of cooking shitty boneless breasts

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
More of a question than a recipe, but I've taken to making chorizo and eggs for a weekend breakfast lately, and my main issue is that it takes forever to skin and crumble the fucking sausage. Any tips?

I know this is going to turn out bad.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
More of a question than a recipe, but I've taken to making chorizo and eggs for a weekend breakfast lately, and my main issue is that it takes forever to skin and crumble the fucking sausage. Any tips?

I know this is going to turn out bad.
Are you buying link so-sitch and removing the skin? If that's what you're doing you should just keep doing that because you're a dunce.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Are you buying link so-sitch and removing the skin? If that's what you're doing you should just keep doing that because you're a dunce.
I'm using the cured sausage, which is what the recipe I was using called for. It's also the only kind I can find anywhere.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I'm using the cured sausage, which is what the recipe I was using called for. It's also the only kind I can find anywhere.
There’s your problem, try and find fresh

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
There’s your problem, try and find fresh
I'm still stuck on finding good quality chorizo. The only fresh sausage I can find is either the bland supermarket variety or the cheap gristly crap made from lymph glands and assholes. I can't seem to find a good Mexican market in the area, even if I drive through MS13 territory.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I'm still stuck on finding good quality chorizo. The only fresh sausage I can find is either the bland supermarket variety or the cheap gristly crap made from lymph glands and assholes. I can't seem to find a good Mexican market in the area, even if I drive through MS13 territory.
Is there a wegmans around

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
The stuff made from lymph glands and assholes is the good stuff.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
1. Gather the following materials: two slices of bread, peanut butter in a jar, jelly in a jar, two butter knives.

2. Lay the two slices of bread beside one another in front of you. This procedure is accomplished by removing any two bread slices from the container in which they were previously held. Hold one slice in your left hand, one in your right hand. Lay the slices of bread side-by-side on a table or other flat surface.

3. Remove the lid from the peanut butter jar. This procedure is accomplished by placing the fingers about the lid at equal spaces around the lid. Turn the lid while applying inward pressure with the fingers in a direction counter-clockwise until the jar lid is loosened to its maximum potential. Remove the lid at this juncture by lifting upward. Place the lid in a place convenient to its retrieval.

4. Withdraw some peanut butter from its jar. This procedure is accomplished by holding either butter knife in the hand such that the blade, or flat end, is exposed. Place the exposed (flat) end into the open end of the jar, and with a slow horizontal movement, gather a desirable amount of peanut butter on the knife's flat surface. Remove knife from jar near the center of the circle created by the open area such that no peanut butter is lost.

5. Using the knife, apply the peanut butter to either slice of bread by placing the surface with which the peanut butter was withdrawn to the exposed surface of the bread slice. Do not permit the peanut butter to touch the "crust," as this will make the sandwich more difficult to handle at a later time.

6. Spread the peanut butter along the exposed bread surface upon which it was previously applied, carefully noting the previous warning about not permitting the peanut butter to touch the "crust."

7. Place the previously used knife aside such that it can be washed at a later time.

8. Open the jelly jar using a procedure similar to the one for the peanut butter. More force may be required to open the jelly jar, though.

9. Retrieve the other knife for use in the jelly.

10. Use the new butter knife to gather jelly from the jar, using a procedure similar to the one described in Step 4.

11. Place the jelly on the slice of bread not previously used, again being careful to avoid the "crust" area to maintain clean fingers, if possible.

12. Spread the jelly on the second slice on the exposed bread surface of the second slice, again being careful to avoid the "crust" area.

13. Set the knife used for the jelly aside so that it may be retrieved at a later time.

14. Pick up the slice of bread on which the peanut butter has been spread. This is done by picking the bread up in a manner keeping the peanut-butter surface away from your skin at all times.

15. Being sure that the peanut butter surface on the held slice faces only the jelly surface on the stationary slice, place the peanut butter surface on the held slice against the jelly surface on the stationary slice and release.

16. Line up the corners of each slice of bread such that they are flush with one another.

17. Eat as desired.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
1. Gather the following materials: two slices of bread, peanut butter in a jar, jelly in a jar, two butter knives.

2. Lay the two slices of bread beside one another in front of you. This procedure is accomplished by removing any two bread slices from the container in which they were previously held. Hold one slice in your left hand, one in your right hand. Lay the slices of bread side-by-side on a table or other flat surface.

3. Remove the lid from the peanut butter jar. This procedure is accomplished by placing the fingers about the lid at equal spaces around the lid. Turn the lid while applying inward pressure with the fingers in a direction counter-clockwise until the jar lid is loosened to its maximum potential. Remove the lid at this juncture by lifting upward. Place the lid in a place convenient to its retrieval.

4. Withdraw some peanut butter from its jar. This procedure is accomplished by holding either butter knife in the hand such that the blade, or flat end, is exposed. Place the exposed (flat) end into the open end of the jar, and with a slow horizontal movement, gather a desirable amount of peanut butter on the knife's flat surface. Remove knife from jar near the center of the circle created by the open area such that no peanut butter is lost.

5. Using the knife, apply the peanut butter to either slice of bread by placing the surface with which the peanut butter was withdrawn to the exposed surface of the bread slice. Do not permit the peanut butter to touch the "crust," as this will make the sandwich more difficult to handle at a later time.

6. Spread the peanut butter along the exposed bread surface upon which it was previously applied, carefully noting the previous warning about not permitting the peanut butter to touch the "crust."

7. Place the previously used knife aside such that it can be washed at a later time.

8. Open the jelly jar using a procedure similar to the one for the peanut butter. More force may be required to open the jelly jar, though.

9. Retrieve the other knife for use in the jelly.

10. Use the new butter knife to gather jelly from the jar, using a procedure similar to the one described in Step 4.

11. Place the jelly on the slice of bread not previously used, again being careful to avoid the "crust" area to maintain clean fingers, if possible.

12. Spread the jelly on the second slice on the exposed bread surface of the second slice, again being careful to avoid the "crust" area.

13. Set the knife used for the jelly aside so that it may be retrieved at a later time.

14. Pick up the slice of bread on which the peanut butter has been spread. This is done by picking the bread up in a manner keeping the peanut-butter surface away from your skin at all times.

15. Being sure that the peanut butter surface on the held slice faces only the jelly surface on the stationary slice, place the peanut butter surface on the held slice against the jelly surface on the stationary slice and release.

16. Line up the corners of each slice of bread such that they are flush with one another.

17. Eat as desired.
Seperate knives?

What are you, Jewish?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Slow Roasted Boneless Thighs

Boneless thighs

Make a slurry of: Oil, Butter, Garlic, Onion, Herbs, etc.

Sauté it low heat on the stove if needed to melt the butter.

Add the thighs and coat them well in the slurry.

Roast 20 or so minutes at each increasing temp, flipping and basting the thighs in the goodness each time you change temp:

Then switch to broiler for a few minutes to give it a nice kinda crispy surface.

Last edited: