BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER
BUFFER

Ummm. What? Isn't Kill Bill supposed to be tongue-in-cheek? Seems an odd choice for Plinkett. Unless it's misdirection...

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
As I've tried (and failed) to explain to Liddy many times, the criteria is not "Bad movie". There is a lot to analyze and goof on in Kill Bill, especially the inferior Part 2. I didn't watch the video, but if that's the choice its a damn good one.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
But the movie has none of the other things that featured heavily in his other reviews. It's not like there's some internal logic that the movies violate, and even if there is, it's usually on purpose. What's he going to do, complain that decapitated bodies don't bleed like that, or that one woman couldn't possibly kill 88 people like that? It just feels wrong. Still, we a) don't know if it's that, and b) who knows what direction he'll take. Plinkett will always get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
By the way, I misread the title of the video. It's actually "Rise of the Plinkett"? Maybe the new Planet of the Apes? No, they did that on HiTB. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines? That's definitely a possibility...

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Rise of Cobra?

As I've tried (and failed) to explain to Liddy many times, the criteria is not "Bad movie". There is a lot to analyze and goof on in Kill Bill, especially the inferior Part 2. I didn't watch the video, but if that's the choice its a damn good one.
Are we seriously going at it again Mr. "The Dark Knight Rises won't be the bestest movie of all time therefore it'll be Plinketted?" And I think bad or at least plot-hole ridden movie is a definite qualification. Especially one that screws with established franchises.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
But G.I. Joe is "THE Rise OF Cobra." Not "Rise OF THE Cobra." I think they were being very deliberate there... Who knows. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I think it's going to be Cars 2.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I've never even seen the first Cars. Is it good? Is the second one bad?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I've never even seen the first Cars. Is it good? Is the second one bad?
They're both very eh. Animation is good, but it's, you know, for kids. Though Cars II was worse since it made the Larry the Cable Guy character the main character. I still hope for Spidey 3 or Matrix 2/3.

And because I have a reason to post this
[yt]L17nU78ADSU[/yt] ~0:56

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Either Matrix 2/3 or Terminator 3 would be good, as would some out of left field movie like Cop Dog or Baby's Day Out.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Either Matrix 2/3 or Terminator 3 would be good, as would some out of left field movie like Cop Dog or Baby's Day Out.
I love the kiddy movie palate cleanser. Baby's Day Out is silly. But I think that this will be for the big movie, not the preview. And I'm going to say he's not going to review any of the movies in the coffin with him. That would be too obvious. So maybe Terminator 3 is a possibility while Spidey 3 Matrix 2/3 aren't. I still want Superman Returns.

This is like Lost, except it produces more goodness.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So does this mean the review will be up soon, or are we talking months down the road?

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Wake me up when we have Space Cop on the DVD.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Rise of Cobra?

Are we seriously going at it again Mr. "The Dark Knight Rises won't be the bestest movie of all time therefore it'll be Plinketted?" And I think bad or at least plot-hole ridden movie is a definite qualification. Especially one that screws with established franchises.
Nope. I said I failed. You're hung up on the movies you want to see and there's no budging you off them when it comes to speculation. Again, I didn't watch the video, but I could certainly see the merit and entertainment value of doing them(KB), particularly part II.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I never suggested Rise of Cobra before Rise of The Plinkett, though I would like to see that one. I never suggested Terminator 3 and I said that might be it. Maybe it's Transformers 3. Maybe it's Rise of Cobra because GI Joe 2 was supposed to come out. I don't know. I just said the ones I preferred to see and even said that the two in the box I wanted to see probably aren't next because he referenced them. Like I said, I don't think the next Plinkett will be any of the movies referenced in the coffin.

Also, I don't think Kill Bill is a bad movie nor one worthy of a Plinketting. Also, I consider Kill Bill Volume 2 and Kill Bill Volume 1 to be one complete movie. Unless he's doing the entirety of Kill Bill, I don't think he'd focus on a movie that wasn't supposed to be a sequel in the first place.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
I hope it's a Steven Soderbergh movie, that idiot needs to be brought down a peg.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I never suggested Rise of Cobra before Rise of The Plinkett, though I would like to see that one. I never suggested Terminator 3 and I said that might be it. Maybe it's Transformers 3. Maybe it's Rise of Cobra because GI Joe 2 was supposed to come out. I don't know. I just said the ones I preferred to see and even said that the two in the box I wanted to see probably aren't next because he referenced them. Like I said, I don't think the next Plinkett will be any of the movies referenced in the coffin.

Also, I don't think Kill Bill is a bad movie nor one worthy of a Plinketting. Also, I consider Kill Bill Volume 2 and Kill Bill Volume 1 to be one complete movie. Unless he's doing the entirety of Kill Bill, I don't think he'd focus on a movie that wasn't supposed to be a sequel in the first place.
THANK YOU. Kill Bill is one movie. Enough with the "part II is inferior" shit already. Not talking specifically about Fandango. I hear that a lot.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
THANK YOU. Kill Bill is one movie. Enough with the "part II is inferior" shit already. Not talking specifically about Fandango. I hear that a lot.
I think I may be the only person on the planet that hated both of them. Just bad.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I disagree with both of you. If you saw them in the theater, Part I leaves you with a euphoric high that lasted for 6 months and is brought crashing down to earth by the disappointment of Part II. How many times in your life have you watched the first half of a movie, taken a 6 month shit break, then went back and watched the second half? You've never done that. You've never taken a 6 month intermission when watching a movie. Therefore it's two movies.

Even if you want to consider them one movie, (which is an impossibility if you saw them in the theater, but I'll move past that) it's still a movie with an exciting first half and a disappointing second half. If I do that, I have to put it on par with movies like Heat, which had me riveted until it ran out of gas about 2/3 of the way through. I don't want to do that. I want to and I will consider Kill Bill Part I to be one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Kill Bill II was an ok follow up. Rolling them into one movie drags the whole thing down. Like if I rate Part I 9/10 and Part II a respectable 6/10, then the whole bloody story is a pretty solid 7.5/10. Sorry, I hold Part I in higher regard than that. And I can, because I saw it in the theater as one complete movie.

You CAN watch them as one movie, just like you can watch Star Trek II, III, and IV as one movie, or Episode V and VI as one movie, or the Matrix II and III as one movie, or Pirates II and III as one movie. I know QT intended one movie - kind of. But if he REALLY intended one movie, he would have released it as such, with an intermission. And not a 6 month one.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The first one was okay, the second not so much.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I disagree with both of you. If you saw them in the theater, Part I leaves you with a euphoric high that lasted for 6 months and is brought crashing down to earth by the disappointment of Part II. How many times in your life have you watched the first half of a movie, taken a 6 month shit break, then went back and watched the second half? You've never done that. You've never taken a 6 month intermission when watching a movie. Therefore it's two movies.

Even if you want to consider them one movie, (which is an impossibility if you saw them in the theater, but I'll move past that) it's still a movie with an exciting first half and a disappointing second half. If I do that, I have to put it on par with movies like Heat, which had me riveted until it ran out of gas about 2/3 of the way through. I don't want to do that. I want to and I will consider Kill Bill Part I to be one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Kill Bill II was an ok follow up. Rolling them into one movie drags the whole thing down. Like if I rate Part I 9/10 and Part II a respectable 6/10, then the whole bloody story is a pretty solid 7.5/10. Sorry, I hold Part I in higher regard than that. And I can, because I saw it in the theater as one complete movie.

You CAN watch them as one movie, just like you can watch Star Trek II, III, and IV as one movie, or Episode V and VI as one movie, or the Matrix II and III as one movie, or Pirates II and III as one movie. I know QT intended one movie - kind of. But if he REALLY intended one movie, he would have released it as such, with an intermission. And not a 6 month one.
When part 2 came out, I watched both played back to back as one long movie in the theater. It worked best that way, and once all the events in both movies function as an story arc within one movie, it seems to me to just work better overall. Besides, QT spoke about splitting it into 2 because of length (also, that was when studios started doing this splitting movies crap). It's silly to look at part 2 as a sequel in the same way that Empire strikes back or Godfather 2 is a sequel. It's the same movie.