The Rise of Plinkett!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
After reading some stuff, I'm still sticking with my original pick.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Some funny RLM shit to hold you over:

Funny video promoting their digital downloads (with perhaps another clue about the Plinkett review? The Simpsons movie???)

Lots of new stuff now available for digital download! Also, some new stuff coming soon… something other than Half in the Bag… staaaay tuned friends…. boooooourns….
[video=youtube;b5RxZlx-B3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5RxZlx-B3A[/video]

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Fake Plinkett Orders His Perscriptions:

[video=youtube;ciBwMpHI7kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciBwMpHI7kE[/video]

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Fuckbot 5000 Denounces Daniel Tosh:

[video=youtube;pxfDnq9ORIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfDnq9ORIs[/video]

(sorry about the multiple posts. Wackbag only lets you include one video per post now for some reason)

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So any speculation on when the review would be up?
The "Rise of Plinkett" was over a month ago

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
My Terminator 3 theory didn't pan out (I projected July 24-25). Doesn't mean they won't do that movie, I just got the date wrong. In T2 Skynet becomes aware on August 4th, and Judgement Day in that movie is August 29th, although I am less confident in my theory now that I was wrong the first time.

I'm hoping that it is before the next Half in the Bag...

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
If I have to give some guess that ties into "The Rise", I'm still going with the Dark Knight Rises. After seeing the movie, he could do a lot of different things with the review, He could explain the emotional journey of the Protagonist and defend the problems with the plot (particularly the occupation of Gotham. I wish SOMEONE would explain that to me.) Or he could let the HITB review stand as the defense and come at it from the other direction. If he chooses to do that, there is plenty to question and plenty to make fun of.

I don't think there was any hidden meaning behind the title, nor any significance other than homage to the climbing out of the grave scene, so I still predict Prometheus.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Um... Terminator 3 is called Rise of the Machines... And I still doubt that he will do a movie that he's done a HitB about. I don't understand why you are dead set on it being a new movie. Most Plinkett reviews are for older movies. The only newer ones are Avatar, Indy IV, and Star Trek (2009).

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
One problem with Prometheus is that it's not out on DVD yet. The teaser for the review indicates, at least to me, that they are working on something that they could conceivably be working on right now. Not to mention that for a Prometheus review, they would need to take into account the 20+ minutes of extra footage of the Director's Cut.

However, I do think he might Plinkett a movie he HITBs because otherwise he cuts Plinkett off from all modern movies. I'm willing to accept that Prometheus might be somewhere down the line (because of the plot hole outtakes), but not it's not next.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Sorry, but Prometheus simply isn't nearly bad enough to merit a Plinkett review. Think about it, the only GOOD Plinkett review is the new Star Trek, and he only reviewed it because it was a Star Trek movie. In the TDKR HitB, Jay made a good point about how it is fun to nitpick movies that are rotten to the core. I don't think Prometheus is that at all.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
I think it's getting harder to find good movies to Plinkett. Because it has to be a huge movie that everyone cares about and has seen, and usually those movies are fairly competent. Amazing Spider Man had a lot of problems, but it wasn't incompetent, same with Prometheus. It can't really be a comedy either, because comedy's subjective, and comedy's don't really get popular enough to be Plinketted. Maybe Hangover 2? Although the new Will Ferrell movie The Campaign looks like it could be pretty awful.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
How would you define incompetent, because with the exception of Cop Dog (and maybe Star Trek: Insurrection), I probably wouldn't call any of the Plinketted films incompetent. Would you really say Indy IV was more incompetent than The Amazing Spider-Man?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Sorry, but Prometheus simply isn't nearly bad enough to merit a Plinkett review. Think about it, the only GOOD Plinkett review is the new Star Trek, and he only reviewed it because it was a Star Trek movie. In the TDKR HitB, Jay made a good point about how it is fun to nitpick movies that are rotten to the core. I don't think Prometheus is that at all.
I thought he was pretty nice about Avatar, too. Do I mis-remember that? Even if he ripped it to shreds, I don't think many people consider that a truly terrible movie.

I think it will be a newer or more current movie because that's what will drive the most web traffic. Nobody cares about Rise of the Machines. Pizza Rolls ain't cheap.

The idea that he would base his review off some Director's Cut is just...well that don't make no sense.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I thought he was pretty nice about Avatar, too. Do I mis-remember that? Even if he ripped it to shreds, I don't think many people consider that a truly terrible movie.
If you are a movie fan or a science fiction fan (or both) and you like that movie, then you are just being an apologist. History will judge it, and I don't care how many billions it made. Alice in Wonderland made over 1 billion and it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen (no joke). He said that he enjoyed the action and the CGI and stuff (as did I), but honestly, it's a TERRIBLE movie.

Oh, and he photoshopped James Cameron as a snake oil salesman. So positive it wasn't.

I think it will be a newer or more current movie because that's what will drive the most web traffic. Nobody cares about Rise of the Machines. Pizza Rolls ain't cheap.
His audience is geekdom. T2 is in the pantheon of Geekdom along with Indy and Star Wars. I see no reason it shouldn't be that.

The idea that he would base his review off some Director's Cut is just...well that don't make no sense.
Not base it off of, but a DC could have several redeeming qualities for a movie like Prometheus.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm not saying he'd base it off of the Director's Cut. I'm saying that when he does his reviews, he gets pretty in depth in them, and I don't think he'd have the DVD with ALL the behind the scenes footage, all the extras, all the interviews, and not watch the Director's Cut in order to produce the most comprehensive piece he can. Besides, I'd like to imagine we'd get a Plinkett before November. (I think the DVD comes out in October, and he'd probably need at least a month to compile all the footage.)

Again, I'm not saying he'll never do Prometheus. But to think that will be the next one is ridiculous.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The Plinket-ish list of Prometheus questions has 800,000 views. It will be done. It will be next. We may get a Cop Dog type one in between, but the next "real one" will be Prometheus.

Neon, you're not suggesting that the Terminator franchise has more geek fanboys than Alien, are you?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
The Plinket-ish list of Prometheus questions has 800,000 views. It will be done. It will be next. We may get a Cop Dog type one in between, but the next "real one" will be Prometheus.

Neon, you're not suggesting that the Terminator franchise has more geek fanboys than Alien, are you?
I'd say it's debatable, but Prometheus is not a proper Alien movie and T3 is a proper Terminator movie. You're actually making a good case for it being done eventually, but I think the logistical issue Liddy mentioned with having no DVD to take clips from will win out here. The Avatar review REALLY suffers from lack of actual movie footage.