OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Rise of Tea Party Keynesianism

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MayrMeninoCrash, Aug 8, 2011.

1. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Good article about how the Tea Party has adopted a dysfunctional attitude towards government spending.

http://www.salon.com/technology/how...2011/08/05/the_rise_of_tea_party_keynesianism

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Hey look, yet another article from someone who doesn't understand the proper role of government and thinks all spending is the same.

Its the responsibility of government to defend the country. Its not their job to pay farmers not to grow corn or givemedats not to work.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Hey look, yet another post from someone whose head is still stuck in the last Ice Age. :action-sm

4. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

This.

Just more deflecting in order to cover up the fact that the democrats have become so dysfunctional, and even while holding a majority for nearly two years...they only fucked things up worse. But they can always blame it on the guy who left office nearly three years ago and irrelevant VP candidate from three years ago, and a movement that wore out it's welcome back in 2009.

2008: "Wow maaaan, Obama and the democrats are going to take complete control of Washington! They'll be able to pass whatever they want! Finally, we'll get some business done and this country can be put on the right path!! YESSS!!!!"
    2011: "Fuckin George Bush man. Fuckin Tea Parties ruined the economy. Fuckin conservative trash."

You lefties are so fuckin pathetic.

5. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Is that a Glacier joke?

6. MayrMeninoCrash

Hey look, a head-in-his-ass response from someone who didn't read the article. Not a surprise by any means. Figure the logic in how building aircraft carriers is going to result in a net increase of jobs if taxes are not raised for said new capital expenditures?

7. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

In the vacuum in which the concept of defense spending = more jobs long term the other economic issues we're facing as a country should already be under control. No one's saying to run out and start building carriers to fix our problems now.

It's a troll article when used in this context.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

The entire premise of the article is bogus. We have to build carriers to defend our nation, and the federal government is the party tasked with such building. Since it takes people to build the carrier, the building creates jobs. Probably not as many jobs as the same money spent in the private sector, but that is irrelevant.

The guy who wrote this article is a fucking dope. Referring to Tea Partiers as "extremists" is the dead giveaway. He's trying to make an equivalency between types of spending that just isn't true.

If I wrote an article saying that birds can fly because the sky is purple, the fact that birds can really fly doesn't change the fact that the sky isn't purple. Just like this article, it would be a crock of shit. Sorry to end yet another "gotcha" moment that you thought you'd have, but try harder next time.

9. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Well, I'm sure he's a political expert...right?

:rolleyes: So, Salon has their "browser guy" from Berkeley, CA write up a piece on the Tea Party "extremists".

The best are in the ultra-progressive comments to the article, like this one...

:haha7: Somehow, I don't think this fella is kidding. He admits that, while it's preferable to just start "killing" conservatives...it's against the law to do that. So, we'll just take their jobs and move them offshore. They'll then go broke and they can be thrown in jail. And if we don't do this, the teabaggers will force every one of us to love Jesus and think the earth is 6,000 years old.

That's terrific.

Another fave of mine...

LOL, sometimes the comments are just the best when you read these bullshit articles.

10. MayrMeninoCrash

You didn't read the article very well. That's EXACTLY what Mr. Tea Party guy is saying.

11. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I hate to break it to you, but Mr. Tea Party's comments are almost certainly a fabrication. This "journalist" can't even spell Tea Partiers right.

12. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

I'm just satisfied there's anyone left who knows who Keynes is. Ant would think it's the word for a Kenyan resident.

13. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

The world would be a better place if he were forgotten.