The "Sam Doesn't Know Sports" bit

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
This bothered me when I heard it that night on a replay and it still bothers me as I listen to it on a weekend replay rightn now.

I fucking hate how most guys will treat you like half a man if you don't like sports. Why? Who the fuck are you to judge me because I don't like to sit around and watch organized sports? There's only like a million other things in life to occupy your time. But if you're not emotionally attached to a bunch of guys you have no control over, you're not "A Regular Guy."

Fuck your mother.

I say good for Sam. Now before you think I'm "Take the show too seriously" guy, calm down. I understand they gave him a hard time on air for good radio, it just sparked my hatred of this in real life.

Fucking assholes who's whole miserable lives live and die by what some sports organization does. Yea, good luck with that dickcheese. You know they're just trying to make money right? You understand that injuries that no one has any influence over may shut your whole team down for a season, right? There's so many variables you can't control, but you sit there and get upset over it?

Good luck with that.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
both of my roommates don't give a shit about sports. not a huge deal, i've got other people to talk about how awful the dolphins are to :eek:

anyone who honestly cracks on others for not knowing about sports are probably just insecure and liking sports makes them feel more masculine.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's no The "Sam Eats Fish Sticks Half Hour" that's for sure.

When it comes to sports knowledge Ron sees Opie as Opie seems Sam but doesn't make a stink about it.

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
Fuck sports. Did Cleveland win last night?

Hobo_Cum

Psst... your balls are showing...
Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
This bothered me when I heard it that night on a replay and it still bothers me as I listen to it on a weekend replay rightn now.

I fucking hate how most guys will treat you like half a man if you don't like sports. Why? Who the fuck are you to judge me because I don't like to sit around and watch organized sports? There's only like a million other things in life to occupy your time. But if you're not emotionally attached to a bunch of guys you have no control over, you're not "A Regular Guy."

Fuck your mother.

I say good for Sam. Now before you think I'm "Take the show too seriously" guy, calm down. I understand they gave him a hard time on air for good radio, it just sparked my hatred of this in real life.

Fucking assholes who's whole miserable lives live and die by what some sports organization does. Yea, good luck with that dickcheese. You know they're just trying to make money right? You understand that injuries that no one has any influence over may shut your whole team down for a season, right? There's so many variables you can't control, but you sit there and get upset over it?

Good luck with that.

So now all people who enjoy watching sports, and who REALLY get into their teams winning or losing are losers with no lives that are being used..... okay.

I would never give someone else shit for not watching sports, or for not knowing the rules to all the sports that i enjoy watching, but dont be a condescending asshole just because you think that you're 'too cool' to watch and like sports. Thats some bullshit. (Thats what your post comes off sounding like to me BTW, I doubt you actually feel that way.)

Do your own thing, and if someone gives you shit for not knowing the minutia of some sport that you couldn't give a shit about... well then, that person IS a complete cocksucker and an asshole; but dont lump everyone who REALLY enjoy watching sports, together into a group. I play music, I read a LOT, I go out and have fun with my friends all the time AND I really get into how my teams are doing. It's part of the way I was raised with playing sports myself and watching them with my dad growing up.

Did the asshole jocks maybe pick on you a little bit in highschool sweety? You should let that shit go... ;)

Evilton

Oct 1, 2006
So now all people who enjoy watching sports, and who REALLY get into their teams winning or losing are losers with no lives that are being used..... okay.

I would never give someone else shit for not watching sports, or for not knowing the rules to all the sports that i enjoy watching, but dont be a condescending asshole just because you think that you're 'too cool' to watch and like sports. Thats some bullshit. (Thats what your post comes off sounding like to me BTW, I doubt you actually feel that way.)

Do your own thing, and if someone gives you shit for not knowing the minutia of some sport that you couldn't give a shit about... well then, that person IS a complete cocksucker and an asshole; but dont lump everyone who REALLY enjoy watching sports, together into a group. I play music, I read a LOT, I go out and have fun with my friends all the time AND I really get into how my teams are doing. It's part of the way I was raised with playing sports myself and watching them with my dad growing up.

Did the asshole jocks maybe pick on you a little bit in highschool sweety? You should let that shit go... ;)
So now all people who hate sports where beat up by jocks and picked on in high school sweety? I hate just about all sports. I played most of them and alot of my school friends where Jocks never got picked on or beat up.

Hobo_Cum

Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
So now all people who hate sports where beat up by jocks and picked on in high school sweety? I hate just about all sports. I played most of them and alot of my school friends where Jocks never got picked on or beat up.
the little winky eye meant that last line was a joke.............

thanks for referencing the rest of my post though :icon_roll

Evilton

Oct 1, 2006
I know, I am working on my jerk skills I am not that good at it right now.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
i think it was a pointless time killer about sam being different.

i personally couldnt care less if anyone likes sports or not...unless im talking about sports or wanna go to a game.

its sort like music or movies. if you dont like it i couldnt care less, unless im looking to talk about something or go to a movie or show.

not liking something doesnt make you good or bad or anything.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC

Fuck your mother.

Good luck with that.
I agree with you, i like sports, but im not yelling at the tv during a game, like some people in my family. Then they get all over me for not being totally invested in how my team is doing or who there playing ghis week. Im a casual fan when it comes to football, i like it but im not screaming at a tv about it. I mean some people need chill out, they have to realize that people on the team dont care about you and what you think of them. There in it for the money and for the love of the game. But i do have to say that im a hardcore Yankees fan and i do sometimes get upsett and get really into it, i try and stop myself thought.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I think it was more that Sam was in a big money football pool, and knew NOTHING about the sport.

elitemrp

Jul 13, 2006
Warren, Rhode Island
Sam looks like a sports expert compared to me. I had no clue what they were talking about. Was still funny though.

ragecage

Feb 20, 2006
Wisconsin - It's not so bad
I have no problem for someone not knowing anything about sports. I don't think you're less of a man for that. But....

Having no clue on how to change a flat tire? That's a problem. :icon_wink

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I guess I should clarify a few things.

I wasn't talking about most sports fans. The majority of fans are just fans, discuss their teams amongst other fans and that's about it.

I'd have plenty of conversations with new people that basically go "Are you a (fill in the team name) fan?" And when I say "Not really" we move on to something else.

2nd, I understand why most guys talk sports. It's a common denominator and it's an easy way for people who know nothing about each other to strike up a conversation.

3rd, I'm sure there is an enjoyable nature to it. Hell, I was watching a lot of Yankees games a few years ago, I just kinda lost interest. I collected baseball cards as a kid, still have my 1986 Mets Topps card set in a drawer somewhere.

I was speaking to a very specific group of sports fans, and you all know them. The ones that take a day off when their fucking team loses a big game. The ones that wear their team's stuff when they go on a winning streak and break people's balls in their work place who are fans of rival teams. And the kind of dick who looks down on guys who aren't as into sports as them. Even other sports fans how can't quote stats at a moment's notice.

Fuck that.

In the end I am for more choices in life. I wasn't trying to say it's wrong to be into sports, I just detest people who think every guy's gotta be 100% imersed in sports all the time and if you're not there's something wrong.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
You forgot one Moe,the "We" fans:
JoeTeamFanGuy:"Shit we lost last night we have to win the next game or its over for us."
As though they are really part of the team never fails to make me laugh.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
You forgot one Moe,the "We" fans:
JoeTeamFanGuy:"Shit we lost last night we have to win the next game or its over for us."
As though they are really part of the team never fails to make me laugh.
Yea, but that's just part of the social aspect of the sports fans, I don't mind that as much. They want to feel part of something.

Redelta 88

Freeplay Convert
Dec 2, 2005
Ontariario
Sam looks like a sports expert compared to me. I had no clue what they were talking about. Was still funny though.
Phew, I thought I was the only one. I learned everything I know from John Madden Football on my Game Gear. However this was 16 years ago and I've forgotten pretty much everything about it, except the graphics.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
i thought the bit was funny, here you have Sam who knows nothing of football, tied with Opie(or Elmo), who knows football, That's the funny part. yes the boys pointed out and laughed at Sam, for not knowing the basics of football. It was kind of like laughing at your brothers girlfriend, for asking is the "blue colored team good?" We all like different things in life so why judge somebody by what they like/know, or what they dislike/ don't know? I personally do not like death metal,or metal in general,but my nephew does, and i listen to it for at least 2 hours a day. So why get upset about some bit you here coming out of your speakers in your car, computer, or stereo?

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I wasn't upset at a bit. It reminded me of fanatical sports fans I dislike who judge you because you don't know how was the starting line up for the Mets in 1978.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
It's no The "Sam Eats Fish Sticks Half Hour" that's for sure.

When it comes to sports knowledge Ron sees Opie as Opie seems Sam but doesn't make a stink about it.
its just ballbusting. something ron also does very well. stop your nonsense

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
It's no different then when you rag on your buddy for ordering a chick drink at the bar or for listening to Madonna or something like that. I don't think anyone actually assumes you are less of a man because you don't know sports. But it is a little odd to not know anything about something that is so engrained in the mainstream of America.

I don't look down on guys that don't like sports anymore then I look down on gay guys. To me not being a sports fan and loving cocks in your ass is all the same.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I think it's a combination of things.

Sam not only knows nothing about sports, but he's a small, rosey cheeked mullato boy who wears funny hoodies.

No one would make fun of you for not knowing football Moe, since we all know you'd rip our heads off.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
well i think the whole point of this bit was proving how much opie/elmo were sucking cuz they were tied with sam. It wasn't to make fun of sam for not knowing football

Hobo_Cum

Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
I guess I should clarify a few things.

I wasn't talking about most sports fans. The majority of fans are just fans, discuss their teams amongst other fans and that's about it.

I'd have plenty of conversations with new people that basically go "Are you a (fill in the team name) fan?" And when I say "Not really" we move on to something else.

2nd, I understand why most guys talk sports. It's a common denominator and it's an easy way for people who know nothing about each other to strike up a conversation.

3rd, I'm sure there is an enjoyable nature to it. Hell, I was watching a lot of Yankees games a few years ago, I just kinda lost interest. I collected baseball cards as a kid, still have my 1986 Mets Topps card set in a drawer somewhere.

I was speaking to a very specific group of sports fans, and you all know them. The ones that take a day off when their fucking team loses a big game. The ones that wear their team's stuff when they go on a winning streak and break people's balls in their work place who are fans of rival teams. And the kind of dick who looks down on guys who aren't as into sports as them. Even other sports fans how can't quote stats at a moment's notice.

Fuck that.

In the end I am for more choices in life. I wasn't trying to say it's wrong to be into sports, I just detest people who think every guy's gotta be 100% imersed in sports all the time and if you're not there's something wrong.
word

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
I've watched certain sports here and there over the years...some hockey and NCAA basketball. For the most part I don't care about sports whatsoever. It's just very boring to me. I wasn't raised to watch sports. Play sports, sure, but not watch them on tv.

And honestly it does bug me to see how many people are into sitting in front of the tube watching sports all the time considering how much more there is out there to do in life.

I'll admit I sometimes zone out when the buddies start talking football. They can keep it interesting sometimes, but in the end I just don't give a crap about any of it.