OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Sequester: Whatever the fuck that is.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

I swear, they make up new terms every year to scare us with. "Well, Fiscal Cliff didn't scare them enough, lets try a sequester."

http://news.yahoo.com/president-oba...1lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDVGVzdF9BRkM-;_ylv=3

Good. I say we cut fucking everything. All of it. Burn it all down and start from scratch. It couldn't hurt at this point.

Lord Zero likes this.
  2. BIV

And now, somebody with an opinion.

http://news.yahoo.com/the-sequester...1lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDVGVzdF9BRkM-;_ylv=3

3. BIV

Eric Holder, a trustworthy person if there ever was one, also has an opinion:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-p...decision-day-country-less-safe-123204219.html

4. BIV

http://news.yahoo.com/spending-cuts...1lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDVGVzdF9BRkM-;_ylv=3

5. SaltyDelights

The establishment media (ABC, CBS, FOX "News," etc...) love lying to and scaring uninformed and ignorant people. So do politicians. A match made in political heaven. Complex things that can be manipulated and assigned a single word provide a tool to let people talk about it to their friends:

"You hear about the sequester?"
    "Yeah they're saying it's bad and that Obama is doing his best to fix it but Boner is being stubborn."

Until the next crisis comes and it repeats all over again.

6. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

All that fearmongering...

Obama Education Secretary Arne Duncan:

4 Pinocchios For Arne Duncan's False Claims of Pink Slips For Teachers

Communist Maxine Waters:

Obama Interior Secretary Ken Salazar:

My favorite though, is Obama's "I didn't build that (sequestration), the Republicans made that happen" bold-faced lie he keeps telling over and over and over.

7. BIV

It should be noted that there are only 150 million people employed in this country.

8. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

That's ok. To make the lie work they'll just give 20 million shiftless and lazy people double-unemployment. 2X the money, but still zero effort! It's what they call a Win-Win situation.

9. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

10. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

For the President and others to come out and say the economy is getting better is baffling to me. I've never been told that I should spend my entire savings, max out my credit and go bankrupt for me and my family to get ahead. I don't get where the mentality of "We've got to keep spending" comes from. It makes no sense to me. The "system" is broken. There needs to be an overhaul of how we operate and a honest and tough look at how money is spent.

You can't go ahead and tax everyone hoping that will solve the problem. It will get to the point where taxes will be so high that it will drive people out of this country (people are already moving out of certain states because taxes and how it affects retirment is ridiculous).

I am completely disgusted by the lack of honesty and fear mongering that is going on. I am also disgusted by the lack of responsibility taken by either side of the aisle.

11. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

This is retarded. Congress hands out money based on who has more political pull, not based on what's important. The reason why tourism planning and the Commerce Department got taxpayer money to begin with is because it's a good way for politicians to get votes, campaign donations and bribes.

There's no reason to expect that negotiating a deal would result in smarter cuts than cutting spending indiscriminately, across the board. The only thing we know for sure is that a deal would've resulted in an even smaller spending cut, not that it would've been from the less important government projects.

I just wish they hadn't reached a deal three months ago either. That's when much larger cuts would've went into effect. Those would've made a difference. These cuts are nothing.

NuttyJim likes this.
  12. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

This is not a photoshop. Only Obama could be so arrogant as to try and capitalize on a stupid mistake he made.

[​IMG]

13. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

ugh...scumbags

14. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

Disney should sue.

15. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

What a dummy. He's been promising to create jobs for 4 years now. I don't think it's unreasonable to doubt anything he promises about the economy at this point.

16. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

And Universal.

17. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Doesn't the White House know it's not suppose to do stuff like that to White House photos, as per the White House disclaimer?

NuttyJim likes this.
  18. Begbie

Funny you should mention that...since 4 years and 1 month ago, these same assholes were fearmongering over the same shit. "Teachers are going to lose their jobs. Police officers will get laid off making the streets less safe. Thousands of people will continue to lose their jobs and no one will hire. Streets and bridges will crumble. Hospitals will begin letting people die in the streets because they can't treat them. People will begin taking their own lives because they can't handle the stress of losing their livelihood. Unemployment will skyrocket to 10%-11%, perhaps even higher (ironically, it happened anyway). All of this is going to happen...if you don't call your representatives and senators today and tell them to vote in favor of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act...the most comprehensive spending package in American history!".

It's been bullshit lies after bullshit lies and all we're doing is running up the debt. and digging a deeper grave. Thanks Obama and the progressives.

19. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

And the media will ignore that.
    She'll never be called out on it.

20. BIV

She already made a correction. She said "I meant 75 thousand." Really?

21. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

So now you're going to discount her credibility simply because she was off by 169,925,000 jobs???

tysonpunchinguterus and BIV like this.
  22. BIV

I'm just not able to reach across the isle.

23. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Am I understanding that right?

[genius] Lets pass something that is going to fuck things up so bad that they'll be forced to pass something else to counter it.

[common sense]And if we don't come up with anything else sir? Won't we just wind up fucking things up for a lot of people

[genius]Nah, never happen. We'll make it so bad they HAVE to do something.. Its fucking brilliant... fail-proof I tell ya..

24. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

This should help clear up some of the fear of the draconian cuts. Oh and BTW, it's not a "cut" if spending still increases; it's a decrease in the rate of increase.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Begbie

You guys all holding up ok? These sequester cuts were a bitch! Obama was right. As soon as midnight passed, potholes formed in the streets, there were scary gunfights, and all of my toilets are all backed up. God help us.