The Shape of Things To Come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
"In light of everything that has happened post-Imus, all older material has to be re-screened for content." What a great future the XM show has in store for it.

Never resubscribing, one. Going back to XM, zero.

"In light of everything that has happened post-Imus, all older material has to be re-screened for content"

So much for uncut and uncensored. If it wasn't a problem when they originally aired the material, why in the world would it need to be re-screened now. On a channel that is advertised as uncut and uncensored.

HumpX

Character Assassin
In all seriousness it's difficult to argue with his reasoning. I'm sure DC is like CBS now with making sure there isn't anything that can be construed as "offensive" (ie; drippy cock sores = A-OK while black jokes = damnation) and that they would have to sit down with a scumba......errr.....lawyer to make sure nothing gets overlooked.

Of course Earl is still lazy, slow and incompetent but you have to figure he's not alone in sharing blame with this one.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Well, that's just fucking great.

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to one of the "free channels" that I still got (they're all gone now) and heard Everlast's "What It's Like". It was chopped to fuck. Did they do that shit before....edit/censor curses out of songs?

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to one of the "free channels" that I still got (they're all gone now) and heard Everlast's "What It's Like". It was chopped to fuck. Did they do that shit before....edit/censor curses out of songs?
On certain channels, yes. On the XL channels, no.

I'm surprised Earl shared that bit of information about the best ofs being re-screened (implying they were already screened once).

Hobo_Cum

Psst... your balls are showing...
On certain channels, yes. On the XL channels, no.

I'm surprised Earl shared that bit of information about the best ofs being re-screened (implying they were already screened once).
they were certainly screened once, but not for offensive content. just for shit that wasnt that interesting or funny

this is implying that they will be cutting what some cockbag lawyer deems "too offensive" etc......... good thing XM really wants us back.

stupid cunts

King Jumungus

C*NT... The only thing missing is you.
Fuck resubscribing, I want to hear jokes about N------ and R---, I want to hear about someone shitting in a bag and throwing it into a car window. Does anyone remember the first amendment?

jackjack

That reminds me of another subtle change.. A couple years ago I had Sirius in addition to XM. I like the Sirius playlists, I'm shallow and just want to be entertained by something familiar. Anyways, Sirius channels have 'jocks' that babble for a minute or so every few songs. Usually about the bands or the period the music was from. Back then, you'd hear them throw a couple 'fucks' in the conversation occasionally. Nowadays, I catch those channels occasionally on Dishnet, and I notice they are cleaned up.

Just one more progression towards satellite being turned into mainstream crap.

alt130

Frunkis.net
Can't blame Earl for this one. This is pathetic.

I'm glad I've saved a copy of nearly every *original* XM O&A airing, since it appears that there is going to be a lot that will never see the light of day again. I'm not sure why I've even bothered hanging on to my radio.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
"XM Radio....just like FM, only you pay for it"

Go Fuck

Lil Precious

I love my Dead Grandma...
What the fuck is XM's problem???
Uncensored is UNCENSORED!!!

It is possible that Earl decided to do that himself without any prompting from management. It's also possible that he's full of shit and just said that to deflect the heat away from himself. Who really knows at this point? We'll have to wait and see what happens starting on the 15th.

elitemrp

Well that sure helped me decide about resubbing.

Can't wait to get home from work so I can smash my Inno.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Earl's just being a good Nazi-Ni..... and XM brass are a bunch of spineless cowards.

This further reinforces the decision I made to pirate the shows via torrents and listen on an MP3 player. I'm also buying Sirius soon because their music programming is far superior, and I've been saying that for a long while now.

jackjack

It is possible that Earl decided to do that himself without any prompting from management. It's also possible that he's full of shit and just said that to deflect the heat away from himself. Who really knows at this point? We'll have to wait and see what happens starting on the 15th.
I think it's unlikely anyone would make any such decision on their own.

My guess is everyone is being overly safe in hopes it all just goes back to normal when the assholes of the world go find someone else to bother.
Sometimes these problems just go away when the attention goes away as well.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
Fuck this noise. If this is true then I'm done 100% with XM. I will also make it my goal to bash them any chance I get for lying and false advertising.

King Jumungus

C*NT... The only thing missing is you.
When XM is censoring what is advertised as uncensored, that is grounds for dismissal. So long forever, XM.

jackjack

Hey, that's the first picture I've seen of the big cock.
Looks good. Very impressive.

His truck should be black.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
And the merger is suppose to benefit the customer how?

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
You people are going to believe Earl fucking Douglas?????

Let me guess, he's looking into it, and making the calls right?

Status
Not open for further replies.