Movie The Stand movie

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Actually, it makes sense. The book is way too dense to contain in one, or even two movies. I can live with four if they do them EXACTLY right.

If I can't get Trashy jerking off The Kid while he's ass r aped with a pistol I want no part of this.
Actually, in a four movie arc they'll probably get to all the disturbing shit; after all, they're not taming it down, but going for a hard R, which would make anything in the book doable.

Last edited:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Actually, it makes sense. The book is way too dense to contain in one, or even two movies. I can live with four if they do them EXACTLY right.

Actually, in a four movie arc they'll probably get to all the disturbing shit; after all, they're not taming it down, but going for a hard R, which would make anything in the book doable.
You like that happy crappy?

And if these shit series like Hunger Games and Twilight can get 4 movies than this certainly deserves the same respect
I agree in principle, but where would you cut off each film? The entire first movie would be non stop character introductions and just death and despair for 2 hours. Certainly doesn't fit any Hollywood mode. Even disaster films have some minor positive moments. There's nothing in the first book of the Stand like that.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I agree in principle, but where would you cut off each film? The entire first movie would be non stop character introductions and just death and despair for 2 hours. Certainly doesn't fit any Hollywood mode. Even disaster films have some minor positive moments. There's nothing in the first book of the Stand like that.
That's a good point. They'd almost have to manufacture one...which would suck.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Yeah, it's not like The Walking Dead is popular or anything.

And let me ask this seriously, would you really want a movie that's just character introductions and people running around frantically in despair for two hours? Would that be a good movie to you? No humanity, no hope, just franticness. Would that be how you want to spend two hours and $12 a ticket?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Yeah, it's not like The Walking Dead is popular or anything.

And let me ask this seriously, would you really want a movie that's just character introductions and people running around frantically in despair for two hours? Would that be a good movie to you? No humanity, no hope, just franticness. Would that be how you want to spend two hours and $12 a ticket?
Yes.

LiddyRules

10 episode limited series on CBS All Access now

LiddyRules

Probably the best way to do it.
More like SJW All Access!

I agree this format is the best for the story if they're willing to put the money behind it, which they probably will. Discovery for all its flaws looks great.

Floyd1977

More like SJW All Access!

I agree this format is the best for the story if they're willing to put the money behind it, which they probably will. Discovery for all its flaws looks great.
Well it certainly wouldn't be surprising to see some MAGA like references within Flagg's group this time around (even though Flagg's group appears to resemble more of an unchecked leftist society. Though I wonder how much that will get changed to more resemble Hollywood's unwavering vision of "Trump's America").

LiddyRules

And he isssssssss.........?
The German journalist busted for making up fake stories about Trump's America. I tried to go Dennis Miller with my topical reference, and now Dennis Miller is a Dennis Miller reference Cha Cha.

Floyd1977

The German journalist busted for making up fake stories about Trump's America. I tried to go Dennis Miller with my topical reference, and now Dennis Miller is a Dennis Miller reference Cha Cha.
Oh, that guy. Well then, I'm sure there won't be out the ass parallels between Flagg/Trump now.

Which Free Zone character gets turned gay. My money is on Bateman or Andros.

It's co-written by Claas Relotius.
I read some of his articles after he was outed...Jesus, how did his editors never say anything? I get that he played into their biases and wrote what they wanted to hear, but it was glaringly obvious that it was total bullshit.