Movie The Terminator is back again! With James Cameron and Tim Miller!

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
No Fate.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
You don't want another Terminator movie you say? Fuck you, you're getting THREE, James Cameron says!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...y/news-story/27e00d478eeaf4c8b31c681a29bde13c

HE said he’d be back and he meant it — director James Cameron wants to make another three Terminator movies.

The master director, behind the two highest grossing movies of all time in Avatar and Titanic, says he is looking to “reinvent” the big-budget sci-fi franchise that put him on the map in 1984. His original Terminator, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a murderous cyborg sent from the future was made for a modest US$6million and went on to make US$78 million and became a cult classic.

Cameron says he is in negotiations to oversee a new “three-film arc” if the ongoing issues with the rights to the franchise can be resolved. The rights to make the films have changed several times since the release of the first film, but under US copyright law some rights will revert to Cameron in 2019. Schwarzenegger would be involved “to some extent” in the proposed trilogy but the plan would be to introduce new characters to “pass the baton”.

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” says Cameron. “Can it still have relevance now where so much of our world is catching up to what was science fiction in the first two films. We live in a world of predator drones and surveillance and big data and emergent AI (artificial intelligence).

“So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

“We’ll put more meat on the bones if we get past the next couple of hurdles as and when we announce that.”

Cameron has been circumspect about the films made since his departure, Rise Of the Machines (2003), Salvation (2009) and Genisys, but has tempered his criticism out of respect for his long-time friend Schwarzenegger, who has appeared in all of them.

“I think it’s fairly widely known that I don’t have a lot of respect for the films that were made later,” Cameron says. “I was supportive at the time in each case for Arnold’s sake because he is a close friend. He has been a mate of mine since 33 years ago so I was always supportive and never too negative. But they didn’t work for me for various reasons.”

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
But Genisys got his seal of approval!
I think he did say he did like the ending of RotM. He didn't have to say that just to support Arnold so maybe in that case he was sincere.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Terminator 17. He goes back in time to kill Gladice Conner ... before she steps off the Mayflower.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
So Arnold is gonna be a scientist. Super.

Dec 12, 2007
Cameron says he is in negotiations to oversee a new “three-film arc” if the ongoing issues with the rights to the franchise can be resolved.
"Oversee"? Unless "oversee" is slang for "director of all three films" I won't give a shit.

He better not JJ Abrams this crap either. Where he makes the first film and then passes the next to film some other dipshit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So Arnold is gonna be a scientist. Super.
Arrrr, I'm Dr. Jacob Landsman. I have a PhD.

"Oversee"? Unless "oversee" is slang for "director of all three films" I won't give a shit.

He better not JJ Abrams this crap either. Where he makes the first film and then passes the next to film some other dipshit.
TLJ dipshit is a better dipshit than JJ.

And Cameron can't direct. He has seven Avatar sequels filming simultaneously.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Fuck you James Cameron.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Fuck you James Cameron.
If there is someone who can cleanse the pallet of poor choices in the Terminator series it is him. If he says he needs 3 movies, well, it is possible given the path set by those famous successful franchises, that it could be very successful.

Problem is, that who but technology savvy individuals would see the Terminator movies? And how many are not ethical?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/20/james-cameron-linda-hamilton-next-terminator-movie/

James Cameron reveals Linda Hamilton will return for next Terminator movie

by Gerrad Hall@gerradhall

Posted on September 20, 2017 at 12:00am EDT

Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back for James Cameron’s potential Terminator reboot — and according to the franchise mastermind, so will his original female star, Linda Hamilton.

The director announced Hamilton’s return on Tuesday night, EW has confirmed, at a private event celebrating the 33-year-old franchise (the news was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter).

In 1984’s The Terminator, Hamilton’s Sarah Connor was on the run from Schwarzenegger’s killer machine, sent from the future to eliminate her before she gives birth to a son who will eventually lead the human resistance. (Spoiler alert: He failed.) :(

Hamilton returned for 1991’s blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day, where she emerged as a female action star, fighting to save her now-born son, John Connor (Edward Furlong), this time with the Terminator as an ally.

“As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return,” Cameron said of Hamilton. The Avatar and Titanic filmmaker noted the “50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys” but said there “isn’t an example of that for women” in current movies.

Last month, Cameron confirmed to EW that it was “looking very likely” the franchise reboot would happen with Skydance and Paramount Pictures, and producer David Ellison. While he previously told News.com.au that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be involved “to some extent,” Cameron told EW that would “be up to [Schwarzenegger].”

While Cameron will write the script, Tim Miller (Deadpool) is on board to direct the new movie, which will reportedly be a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day and may become a trilogy. “It all depends on whether the first one makes money,” he told EW.

The new movie won’t just focus on Schwarzenegger and Hamilton’s characters, though. “We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story,” Cameron said of his plan to bring in the next generation of Terminator stars. “We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we’ll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it.”

In the years since Cameron’s trailblazing 1991 Terminator sequel, there have been three films in the franchise — all without Cameron or Hamilton involved. In the last attempt to revive Cameron’s Terminator franchise, Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke played a younger version of Sarah Connor.