The Thing Prequel Trailer

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=T7D9IvvNVmI[/video]

Looks like they replaced Kurt Russell with a chick. I liked the John Carpenter version so I'll check this out.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say John Carpenter's version is infinitely better.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I think the link is fucked.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Almost 1400 dislikes to 632 likes.
Uploaded by VicandFrank on Jul 27, 2010
*READ*
This is my fan-made trailer for the upcoming movie Re-make/Prequel of "The Thing" (1982) is set to be released April 29th, 2011.

Seriously. Do I have to do everything myself?

[video=youtube;5KFrrgkRmSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFrrgkRmSI[/video]

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say John Carpenter's version is infinitely better.
I haven't even seen the first one and I figured this would be the consensus.

Almost 1400 dislikes to 632 likes.
Yeah, that. Carpenter's a legend, of course a remake would run into a huge amount of hostility.

Probably why they decided to do it. Bad buzz is still buzz.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Yeah, that. Carpenter's a legend, of course a remake would run into a huge amount of hostility.

The video WG posted was a fan trailer from last year. Its not the official trailer.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I haven't even seen the first one and I figured this would be the consensus.

The funniest thing is Carpenter's movie is a remake itself.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That's not funny at all! I know the chick from Scott Pilgrim is in this. I also know Carpenter did a chicks-in-a-mental-hosptial horror movie earlier this year called The Ward starring Amber Heard, Lyndsey Fonesca, and Danielle Panabaker, which I'm sure I'll find use for if it hits Netflix Instant View.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Woops, I didn't watch it either.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Dunno, looks pretty good to me. I'm in.

NoRez

Old, tired warrior woman originally from Antland.
Jun 20, 2008
NY-born Bostonian.
As often as they want to remake this, if they do it halfway decently, I'll watch it. One of the creepiest movies I've ever seen (thank you, Stan Winston & Rob Botlin.) Just thinking about it now, the scene with the dogs....jeez. [shudder] Definitely worth a remake every 30 years.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Here the official trailer

[video=youtube;8g2kASeEXUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2kASeEXUo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So, is this a prequel, remake, reboot, or some kind of combination. It doesn't look like a direct Prequel to Carpenter's movie. It looks like more of a re-imagining of the Norwegian camp, but not necessarily in the same "Universe" as the Carpenter version. For one, it seems that there are several Americans present. The helicopter seen in the trailer was not the same one that was chasing the Dog in the Carpenter version. The trailer posted earlier in the thread shows some kind of modern "situation room" display that does not look like 1982 (the year was referenced in Carpenter's film)

The funniest thing is Carpenter's movie is a remake itself.
The premise is a remake, where an alien creature is found in the ice in Antarctica but the story beyond that was based on a short story called "Who Goes There" by John Campbell

soiledshorts79

Registered Tumor .
Mar 2, 2010
Texas
Since The Thing is my favorite sci-fi/horror movie ever I'll hesitantly go see this, hopes are low though.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
floyd beat me to it, ive seen all the incarnations of "who goes there" and read the story. its more along the lines of "i am legend" type of story, it doens't matter when the story is "set" in time its the kind of a story that can be told at any time and still scare the living shit out of you . when i was a kid i wouldn't sleep in the same room with my dog for a week because of carpenters version

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
The video WG posted was a fan trailer from last year. Its not the official trailer.
I think the dead giveaway other than the total lack of quality is that they showed a video game clip and the release date was several months ago.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Here the official trailer

[video=youtube;8g2kASeEXUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2kASeEXUo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So, is this a prequel, remake, reboot, or some kind of combination. It doesn't look like a direct Prequel to Carpenter's movie. It looks like more of a re-imagining of the Norwegian camp, but not necessarily in the same "Universe" as the Carpenter version. For one, it seems that there are several Americans present. The helicopter seen in the trailer was not the same one that was chasing the Dog in the Carpenter version. The trailer posted earlier in the thread shows some kind of modern "situation room" display that does not look like 1982 (the year was referenced in Carpenter's film)

The premise is a remake, where an alien creature is found in the ice in Antarctica but the story beyond that was based on a short story called "Who Goes There" by John Campbell
I think it is a prequal to Carpenter's however why do they have similar scenes in it? Kind of annoyed.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago

You can't make me watch this...you just can't.

Poon Slayer

Reissued Regret
Dec 11, 2009
Chattanoogy
Can I just say how completely and utterly pointless this looks?
That's what I was thinking. What is the point of calling it a "prequel"? Are they going to end the movie with a helicopter chasing a dog in the snow? Looks like the exact same story to me, only this time with generic everything.