The Three Stooges....anyone else see it yet?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Saw it yesterday. It's gotten mixed reviews, more on the negative side. It's not by any means great, but it's not that bad. The three guys playing the lead roles did a fantastic job of duplicating every move and voice inflection of Moe Larry and Curly, so they get an A for effort. The problem is the weak plot and most of everything else around them. Larry David playing a shrill nun was oddly funny. I laughed in a couple places and cringed in a few others.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
My wife and I loved it. It's a trifle and you'll forget it in 10 minutes but the theatre was laughing the whole show and applauded at the end. They're slavishly imitating the originals but I got over that quickly (the Howard bros and Larry were playing characters themselves anyway). The plot is deliberately hackneyed like the original shorts. The Farralley brothers and the actors hit every note perfectly. The supporting cast was also perfect as the foils. The flamboyant gay guy from that fag show is amazing as Larry

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
but but...it's got snooki in it...it's gotta be good!
Moe being cast in The Jersey Shore is the funniest part of the movie actually. At one point he smashes a microwave over one of those lunkheads noggin and turns it on. That made the whole thing worth my money.