The Travis Situation

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Interesting discussion on today's show.

Jimmy had one take and Anthony had another.

It seems like a few points of contention.

1) Was the guy correct in taking the spot even though someone was "holding" it. Does the person standing near a spot give them the right to guard it and save it if their car isn't there? What if there were no other spots?

2) Should Travis had mixed it up with the Asian or did he do the right thing in defusing it?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If you're right there with the vehicle why give someone a hard time over it?

It was probably some Triad guy and Travis will be hunted down and slaughtered for disrespecting him.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
The asian guy sounded like a nut, and Lisa was great standing up for herself.

I love spunky chicks. Just get Travis some pepper spray or something.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I think Travis did the right thing and Jimmy had the right take on it. Travis' chick was looking to start shit.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Not my take.

She was holding the parking spot, and let him know he was a dick when he tried to take it.
The turning around and saying "unfucking believable" seems a bit passive aggressive. The whole "I wanted to see what was going to happen" thing drives me nuts. Jimmy's right about the veil of protection we have. Especially women.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
travis was a bitch...the second someone would curse at my girl he would be eating my knuckles...end of story...

ShavedLebaneseBear

Question: What kind of bear is best?
Oct 17, 2002
West Coast
Travis should keep his gal on a leash. My chick tries the same shit, as she has never actually been in a fight and/or getting her ass kicked. One day, she will get herself in over her head, and I she will have to get herself out of it. Don't get me wrong, if a guy steps to my girl, I will step in and kill him. BUT, if she is talking shit and "trying to see if he will hit her", she is on her own. That's just plain stupid. I would not recommend that anybody tries to get someone to hit them. WTF?
Any woman who tries to step into a man's world, needs to be prepared to get punched like a man.

By the way, what the fuck is this "holding a space" in the parking lot shit? If you have ever been to Ikea, you know how packed it is. It is first come, first served. No holding parking spaces. That's bullshit and really fucking selfish. What a shock that Ant was defending this action...:rolleyes:
I also was surprised at how much it would have killed Ant to walk away from this type of situation. Ego much, Ant? I love Ant, but WTF dude?

Bottom line is that Travis' girl should have not pushed it. She just made it worse. Travis should have seperated them, and he was correct in not getting physical unless he absolutely had to. Anything else is just ego talking, and not wanting to take the loss. Than was exactly right. You are an adult. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and walk away. You only pull out the big guns (both figuratively and literally :) ), if you absolutely have to.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Travis should keep his gal on a leash. My chick tries the same shit, as she has never actually been in a fight and/or getting her ass kicked. One day, she will get herself in over her head, and I she will have to get herself out of it. Don't get me wrong, if a guy steps to my girl, I will step in and kill him. BUT, if she is talking shit and "trying to see if he will hit her", she is on her own. That's just plain stupid. I would not recommend that anybody tries to get someone to hit them. WTF?
Any woman who tries to step into a man's world, needs to be prepared to get punched like a man.

By the way, what the fuck is this "holding a space" in the parking lot shit? If you have ever been to Ikea, you know how packed it is. It is first come, first served. No holding parking spaces. That's bullshit and really fucking selfish. What a shock that Ant was defending this action...:rolleyes:
I also was surprised at how much it would have killed Ant to walk away from this type of situation. Ego much, Ant? I love Ant, but WTF dude?

Bottom line is that Travis' girl should have not pushed it. She just made it worse. Travis should have seperated them, and he was correct in not getting physical unless he absolutely had to. Anything else is just ego talking, and not wanting to take the loss. Than was exactly right. You are an adult. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and walk away. You only pull out the big guns (both figuratively and literally :) ), if you absolutely have to.
I have a mouth on me and probably would've gotten into the same situation as Lisa. With me though, it's more about having to have the last word. Why I don't know, but I have to have the last word in an argument. Definitely escalates things though.

Now that I've confessed to being a trouble maker, I have to say that I agree with what you're saying :)

Feb 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
Lets see, guy yelling at your girl, you come and hit him, you get arrested, he sues you later on, you lose whatever you may have including your house and most likely your job, yea, that all makes since.

Rule number one, never throw the first punch. Let the other guy do it and then it's self defense and you can beat the hell out of him.

All this tough talk about decking a guy because he is yelling at your girl is stupid. You will wind up in jail, period.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I agree with "throw the first punch". I would get in the douche bags face, and once he swung, I would take him apart. Witnesses will back up my right to defend. He started it with the shit talk to Travis' gal, (yeah, she didn't exactly help matters, but eh...) so I would be justified in taking him apart as long as he swings first.

Feb 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
I agree with "throw the first punch". I would get in the douche bags face, and once he swung, I would take him apart. Witnesses will back up my right to defend. He started it with the shit talk to Travis' gal, (yeah, she didn't exactly help matters, but eh...) so I would be justified in taking him apart as long as he swings first.
That's exactly what to do! He gets charged and then after you have the pleasure of kicking his ass, you can then sue him for "emotional distress" that he caused you and the injuries to your knuckles.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
I seriously don't the point when people have to win a fight by punching someone. Your going to get arrested for doing stupid shit like that in public. Punching people for such stupid reasons is going to start more shit. Seriously whats the point.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Amazed that this is the first time we heard any of this happening to them. She stated she is a hot head. This will come up again in the near future, that is for sure. When she said she could take a punch better then Travis I believe she will find out some day.

I think if it was gonna be physical, it would have much earlier. The only diffusing was by the nut job himself.

People suck. Why make something happen when we tolerate so much shit already?

May 24, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I don't believe in holding spots for someone. If a spot is open, I take it. Sorry.

Now, if a woman is going to start something a push it then she needs to be prepared to deal with the consequences. I absolutely do not agree that she needs to push it to 'see how far it would go'. That's wrong. If she were to physically make contact, for example, then I feel she deserves what ever would happen to her after that no matter her gender (hey, you wanted equal rights, well there you go...)

Travis has to defend her. That's part of the job of the significant other no matter her actions.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Travis has to defend her. That's part of the job of the significant other no matter her actions.
But, who is going to defend Travis, when his head is caved in?

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
My post from the listening thread:

Travis should have laid this mother fucker out! I would have told this piece of shit, step up or off! Protect the woman at all costs, and deal with her potty mouth later, have her suck your cock and take the load in the face! ;)

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
The Asian guy was a total asshole, but there really isn't much Travis could do in that situation. Travis is not an imposing figure. If he reacted by attempting to deck the guy he would have ended up either getting the shit beat out of him, or getting the shit beat out of him and arrested. Lisa was completely in the right, but she really put Travis in a dangerous position. After the guy began threatening to beat up her husband, she absolutely should have let it go for his sake.

I used to date a girl named Andrea in college that used to start fights with grown men because they were "being an asshole". Luckily for me I am 6'5" and that alone defuses things most of the time, but not always. One time we were at the UA movie theatre in Staten Island and as we were walking she turned around and started punching a guy in the face. She landed 5 or 6 blows before he threw a defensive punch that knocked her to the ground. The second he connected with her, I threw a punch catching him under the chin and putting him out. He slumped to the ground laying on his side. His friends just stood there stunned with "WTF just happened" looks on their faces. At this point there was also a crowd of at least 40 highschool kids cheering on the entertainment. Andrea gets up, walks over to him and brings the heel of her boot down as hard as she can on his face. CRUNCH! I heard the fucking fracture of his cheek bone. I grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her to the car to get the hell out of there. I was so sure we were going to get arrested. As we were driving away I asked her "What the fuck happened?" and she said that she felt someone pat her ass. In my book, that is worth a punch in the face but not the beating that he took. Even worse was that later she admitted that while I was whisking her off to the car, her giant guidette pocketbook bounced and bumped her ass....and it felt exactly the same way as the alleged grope. Yeah, most likely some poor schlub that was innocently walking behind us got the shit beat out of him for no reason. That still bothers me to this day. It is a much different scenario from Travis and Lisa's story, but it was still a girl getting a guy into an ugly situation that could haveblown over much easier.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
punch me or my wife and i will either shove my handy switch blade into your throat before you finish with your follow threw, or depending on the time and place your going to have a third eye about the size of a dime....

i abhor violence against others, even verbal arguments get my blood to an almost uncontrollable boil.

from what i heard today the entire blame for the confrontation falls on travis's old lady, im sorry but there's no "saving spots" wait your fucking turn. if the gook was in his car waiting for a spot some twat standing in the hole is nothing more than a speed bump. im with anthony in that i get my shit done and leave, i pay cash, i know what i want and dont dilly dally or blab all i want to go get my shit and leave, nothing drives me crazyer than some asshole that pulls up to a gas pump at the local wawa then goes into the store for 15 mins, not that the gook was any better but i really think that she should have just shut the fuck up. there's no reason to start a confrontation over a fucking parking spot, i would bet that the gook just spent hours in that god awful store watching his wife piss money away on shitty furniture that he now has to go home and try to put together with instructions that are written in poorly translated English and to top it off one more cunt has to give him shit. if it were me.... well she wouldn't have said a fucking word to me, i have that look of, as jimmy says "a problem" :icon_mrgr

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
If he would have punched Travis or his wife he would've been fucked. I think they were at Ikea in Elizabeth. I service that store as a contractor and they have cameras EVERYWHERE. Best part is that asshole would've wound up in the Union County jail AKA "Gladiator School".

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I've found you have to defuse the situation. Are you suppose to fight every asshole with a chip on his shoulder? When you hang around bars long enough, you're going to run into a lot of potential fights; the person is just a dick, so you talk your way out of the situation. I don't want to fight, I want to drink and live a peaceful life.

What, am I out looking for fights, because someone's father beat the shit out of them as a child?

Besides, I'm an adult. If I beat the shit out of someone, I go to jail. This isn't a scuffle after the kids get off the school bus. One of my buddies is still on probation for beating the shit out of a guy. He had to pay for his hospital expenses. Who needs that?

But maybe I talk my way out of problems, because I'm a big mutha fuckin' 6'2" physical disaster.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Go to an airport cargo door... see what good "standing in a spot" gets you. His girl shouldn't have said anything. Also, the guy has no business getting crazy into a girls face no matter WHAT dumb shit she says. Two morons created a major mess.

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
NOLA
Not my take. She was holding the parking spot, and let him know he was a dick when he tried to take it.
agreed, but then again, i don't know how shit in NY rolls.

i'm 5'4". i weigh 130lbs. never had my chick put me in a situation like that but i know how it feels to be considered an easy target based on my height/weight. i HATE fighting, but have been in more than one where i just head butted a guy in the nose and waled on him until he ran or fought back. had my ass kicked before? yup. it's hard to know when to walk away and when to throw down, but i think travis did right by squashing it. he really needs to let lisa know to shut the fuck up, or take a punch to the face. maybe after she get's hit by a man and feels that stupid pain, she'll think twice.

fighting should really be a absolute last resort though.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Sounds to me like Travis' chick should have shut up. Zip your lip honey, men are talking.