The TRUE first cancelled show of the new Season

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-l...duled,0,4386915.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

The first scripted cancellation of the fall season is CBS' "Viva Laughlin."

The network knew it was taking a chance with "Laughlin," a Hugh Jackman-produced adaptation of a quirky British musical miniseries, but apparently CBS' willingness to stand by the show was minimal, particularly with a fresh season of "The Amazing Race" already in the can.

"Laughlin" aired only twice, squandering a massive "CSI" lead-in on Thursday (Oct. 18) and then falling even harder in its first regular Sunday airing just days later. The Sunday "Laughlin" premiere did only a 1.2 rating in the key 18-49 demo, an embarrassingly low figure, particularly for a first place network.

Effective immediately, "Laughlin" is off CBS' schedule, replaced by a "CSI" repeat next Sunday.

The following week, on Nov. 4, CBS will premiere the 12th installment of its Emmy-winning reality juggernaut "The Amazing Race."

Winner of the last five Emmys for outstanding reality competition series, "The Amazing Race" will return to the Sunday night 8 p.m. ET slot it occupied in its most recent "All-Stars" edition.

"If there ever was a season that I consider one of the best, it's this one," says Bertram van Munster, series executive producer, director and co-creator. "It's insanely funny, fast-paced and dramatic all at once. Teams are in hot pursuit of one another at every location and its reality television at its nail-biting best."

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
hahahahahhahahhahha

it looked like garbage in the first place

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
lasted longer than i thought it would

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Technically it was "Online Nation" on the CW. But I guess this was the first scripted show to be canceled.

And I'll admit it now, I was a bit wrong about New Amsterdam, they canceled production after filming six episodes. Cutting the original order of nine. It's not on the Fox long term schedule now, but there is still a chance it will get put on the air, especially if the writers strike happens, and everyone is still technically under contract, so if it performed well, who knows.

"The IT Crowd" which was picked up as a mid-season on NBC, is also now dead. I only mention this because maybe some people might be fans of the original British version, or could of been waiting for it since the pilot stared Joel McHale from The Soup.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I'm glad they ordered nine new episodes of "The Unit."

When does the ax fall on "AssCaveMan?"

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Awesome! Getting back Amazing Race that much sooner!

GoatAss

"Girls Like a Man With a Sharp Hairdo"
Oct 3, 2005
Pennsylvania
shit, i never even heard of that show. guess i wasn't the only one.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Ah, go fuck yourself. I like it. There are way worse shows on TV. Plus it's the CW, they've got nothing else.
That's probably what's going to save it.

Watching the show, it just seems so much like a Kevin Smith production. And by that, I mean it's a somewhat interesting concept, but no nearly as funny or entertaining in execution as it really could or should be.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Yea, I wanted to like Reaper but I jumped ship after the second episode.

As far as Viva Laughlin goes, maybe CBS pulled the plug early because the negative buzz was just ludicrous (and the awful ratings surely didnt help, either).

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Even better news, because Viva laughlin shared the sound stage and some other space with Jericho. With Laughlin canned, Jericho can have its fucking sound stage back full time. Now, when the fuck is CBS getting off its ass and giving us those new episodes?!

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Sounded a bit too out there - but I do like Hugh Jackman....he was nice to me when i met him too.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
Watching the show, it just seems so much like a Kevin Smith production. And by that, I mean it's a somewhat interesting concept, but no nearly as funny or entertaining in execution as it really could or should be.
I agree, it could be better, but most shows can (besides Dexter). Anyways, it's good enough for me, and I'm unemployed, so I have plenty of free time :)

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Reaper has gotten repetitive. The only character worth anything is Ray Wise's Satan who continues to be awesome. And the chick is hot and I think she'd be cool with what's his face as a bounty hunter for the devil.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
I think Kevin had alot to do with the first show of Reaper, it has definately changed since I saw the first one, not as much "Kevin Smith" in it now but I still watch it and keep hoping he is not just a consultant. How come noone mentioned Cavemen or that stupid Carpoolers after it getting the ax yet? I just sit quietly on Tuesday nights and watch the grass grow till its time for bed.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Even better news, because Viva laughlin shared the sound stage and some other space with Jericho. With Laughlin canned, Jericho can have its fucking sound stage back full time. Now, when the fuck is CBS getting off its ass and giving us those new episodes?!
I'm pretty sure we'll see Jericho back during the mid-season, January, too bad it'll only be for eight or nine shows. Then who knows what will happen to the program.

Hopefully, they will keep it on a steady night and not hop, skip and jump it all over the place.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Doesn't matter, I think Jericho is already done (or in the next two weeks) will be done with their already ordered episodes.

I thought the best place for Jericho would of been in Moonlights slot on Friday nights, but they actually just ordered more scripts for that show (most likely just pre strike precaution) so who knows.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
One show I was hoping to get cancelled first, but has not yet, was TMZ.com on TV. I saw the preview, a couple of months ago. These cocksuckers actually take what they do seriously, like they're doing real journalism.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
One show I was hoping to get cancelled first, but has not yet, was TMZ.com on TV. I saw the preview, a couple of months ago. These cocksuckers actually take what they do seriously, like they're doing real journalism.
Which makes them better than real news!! I heard that somewhere.

Sep 9, 2005
Queens
Love Reaper, Caveman apparently the new #1 hit show the radio said the other day. Nashville was canned as well I wasnt sure if that was scripted or reality but w/e.