The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Hopefully, this thread has a bit more positive (real, not made up) news than it's predecessor...The Obama Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread ( credit to @Vyce who hasn't signed on since July ).

Trump has inherited an excellent, and very healthy American economy...unemployment under 5%...over 15 million jobs created under Obama...slow, yet steady GDP growth...20 million Obamacare signups, and very healthy markets...we have alot to thank Obama for.

Or, do we? Or was that just media covering for a beloved POTUS and his failed policies? Yeah, probably.

Onto President Trump...hopefully gettin shit done in terms of jobs.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are.
Even if said meddling is to meddle in their affairs less? You know something like mandating that a given manufacturers fleet hit a certain mpg number, which means they have to completely phase out models of proven sellers for tiny cars that people don't really want to buy?

Last edited:

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Even if said meddling is to meddle in their affairs less?
Umm no, the prez dictating and threatening tariffs on US companies does not equal less meddling. A US factory worker costs at least 7x what one does in a shit country. So at the very minimum enjoy your much more expensive products. Which will turn out to be the least of worries in an upcoming crash scenario with stocks yugely overvalued and a major correction overdue if you listen to economists.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Even if said meddling is to meddle in their affairs less? You now something like mandating that a given manufacturers fleet hit a certain mpg number, which means they have to completely phase out models of proven sellers for tiny cars that people don't really want to buy?
Just reread your post (lol said tweet), and noticed you pulled a @tattered. Carry on.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hopefully, this thread has a bit more positive (real, not made up) news than it's predecessor...The Obama Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread ( credit to @Vyce who hasn't signed on since July ).
Don't count on it. If Trump has his way, we can expect high import tariffs, especially on Chinese-manufactured goods. The American consumer's access to cheaper foreign-made goods will take a big hit. That will give an artificial competitive edge to domestic producers, who will be able to charge higher-than-market prices for their goods and still have them be the cheapest available. At the same time, in his quest to create American jobs regardless of the actual economic state of the country, President Roadkill Scalp will pressure states to grant more cronyist favors (particularly tax breaks) to favored domestic manufacturing companies. All of this spells continuing increases in the centralization of economic power and of market control, which, as always, will translate into greater political power and greater control of the shaping of regulations. (For anyone thinking of mistaking the last bit for a good thing, keep in mind that most of this country's regulations were shaped by Big Business, local, national, and international, for its own benefit — hardly the "woe is the American corporation" story that it's been made out to be.)

In short, it's business as usual, just in the next phase.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The Dow has crossed 20K for the first time.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Given Obama's "kick the can down the road and let the media claim everything's going great" economic policies, and DJI entering 20K...I've expected there to be a significant "correction"...especially when interest rates continue to climb and we realize we haven't really recovered from anything. And I'm sure that'll still happen, but I now question how bad it'll actually be if Trump is able to jumpstart some of the industries and get people back to work.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
The rate of return on my deferrred compensation plan has hovered at about 18% average. The lowest it's been since Our Lord and Savior was elected in November is 10%. That's 10% growth at its lowest. I've got a few hundo thousand in there. Nice.

Praise HIM.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
The rate of return on my deferrred compensation plan has hovered at about 18% average. The lowest it's been since Our Lord and Savior was elected in November is 10%. That's 10% growth at its lowest. I've got a few hundo thousand in there. Nice.

Praise HIM.
They gave the wheel to @Neckbeard for just one second.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Umm no, the prez dictating and threatening tariffs on US companies does not equal less meddling. A US factory worker costs at least 7x what one does in a shit country. So at the very minimum enjoy your much more expensive products. Which will turn out to be the least of worries in an upcoming crash scenario with stocks yugely overvalued and a major correction overdue if you listen to economists.
You mean those same economists or stock guys who said their would be a collapse in the stock market if Trump won, yeah got it. So hen do these geniuses predict this collapse? I will wait until the dart throwing is done. Hopefully you took heed and moved everything out of the markets before he became president

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Given Obama's "kick the can down the road and let the media claim everything's going great" economic policies, and DJI entering 20K...I've expected there to be a significant "correction"...especially when interest rates continue to climb and we realize we haven't really recovered from anything. And I'm sure that'll still happen, but I now question how bad it'll actually be if Trump is able to jumpstart some of the industries and get people back to work.
If he does what he says he is going to do it will be a while b fore that pull back. Look at the jobs companies are saying they will be hiring. That will offset things for some time. Hopefully the fed uses a brain and raises rates by thinking not just doing it. Remember we are a long way from them being high at this point.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
If he does what he says he is going to do it will be a while b fore that pull back. Look at the jobs companies are saying they will be hiring. That will offset things for some time. Hopefully the fed uses a brain and raises rates by thinking not just doing it. Remember we are a long way from them being high at this point.
Right on. And what the Obama administration ended up doing could actually benefit Trump's administration tremendously. We know that the economy is supposed to have its ups and downs. The recovery from our really bad recession never really happened under Obama. All he did was throw money at our failing industries, sweep the bad news under the rug, and claim that 15 million people were given good paying work, when instead, people left the job market in droves (partly of course, due to retiring baby boomers) and again, there was no real sustained recovery. Trump now has an opportunity to deal with the shit Obama didn't fix all these years and lead an actual "recovery".

What Obama did do is blow up our debt to a level that is fairly unsustainable, and I don't know how Trump is going to address it with the money he'll be looking to spend and lower taxes on companies and the middle class.