The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

I posted this in the Trump thread but it got buried under a bunch of other posts about ultimately silly things like politics and how the fake news is covering real events.

U.S. December Nonfarm Payrolls Grew by 312,000; Jobless Rate Rose to 3.9%

Anyway, I did some weekend reading and found an almost universal consensus that the economy is better than it's been in quite a while. It was worthy enough to bother bumping this thread back up:

“The American economy is booming based on today’s reading of the employment situation, which should go a long way to reassuring nervous nellies in financial markets that the 2019 economic outlook skies will not be turning dark and grey,” said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG (FT)

“The labor market is as strong as it’s been since pre-crisis times,” said Michael Gapen, chief U.S. economist at Barclays Plc. (Bloomberg)

“The economy is still chugging along, so there’s a difference now between how the market seems to be feeling and what’s actually happening in the labor market,” said Martha Gimbel, research director at jobs website Indeed’s Hiring Lab and former economist at the Labor Department and Council of Economic Advisers. (Bloomberg)

“The jump in payrolls in December would seem to make a mockery of market fears of an impending recession,” said Paul Ashworth, chief economist at Capital Economics in Toronto. “This employment report suggests the U.S. economy still has considerable forward momentum.” (Reuters)

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Jan 24, 2017
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.
"the collapse will be epic"

"it will happen soon"

"soon"

Creasy Bear

Donator
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.
I'm just curious. What sort of time frame did you have in mind when you typed out that "soon" two years ago?

5skin

While out today I ran into a former project supervisor that we worked under about a decade ago. He moved on to government work and is now in charge of hiring OSHA inspectors in the Omaha area. He told me they've been trying to fill positions since before Christmas with a starting wage of $33hr+ bennies. The only requirement is to pass OSHA 30 training. OSHA 30 is 30 hour online course. Seems that's to much commitment for anyone right now in the Omaha area.
At the New Year's party I had a friend of a friend that mentioned he worked for the DOT and they've been trying to hire drivers starting at $27.50hr+ bennies with not even any applicants, zero in three months. Neither of these positions require a GED or even a drug test and still nobody is jumping on them.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Check it out. The Dems took control of the House in the midterms, and the markets were like "Oh noes! Those shitheads are gonna roooon everything!" Then it was Christmas, and Santy Claus still came, and the markets were like "I guess the Dems are too busy being assblasted to wreck the MAGA economy. Okay, back to work!"

And again for the giggle...

The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon
:haha7:

While out today I ran into a former project supervisor that we worked under about a decade ago. He moved on to government work and is now in charge of hiring OSHA inspectors in the Omaha area. He told me they've been trying to fill positions since before Christmas with a starting wage of $33hr+ bennies. The only requirement is to pass OSHA 30 training. OSHA 30 is 30 hour online course. Seems that's to much commitment for anyone right now in the Omaha area.
At the New Year's party I had a friend of a friend that mentioned he worked for the DOT and they've been trying to hire drivers starting at $27.50hr+ bennies with not even any applicants, zero in three months. Neither of these positions require a GED or even a drug test and still nobody is jumping on them.
Need to pass an e-verify though. That's tough for today's labor pool

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Check it out. The Dems took control of the House in the midterms, and the markets were like "Oh noes! Those shitheads are gonna roooon everything!" Then it was Christmas, and Santy Claus still came, and the markets were like "I guess the Dems are too busy being assblasted to wreck the MAGA economy. Okay, back to work!"

And again for the giggle...

:haha7:
Same thing happened in Nov 2008. Democrats love to point out that job numbers began to improve a few months into Obama's Presidency....and he took credit for it and claimed his policies (namely Recovery Act) stopped the mounting job losses.

Truth is...yeah...the economy was tanking in large part, due to the progressive Repubs and Dems. But job losses spiked between Nov 2008 and February 2009. What could have led to MILLIONS of people losing their jobs during this time period? Hmmm. But Bush was still technically in office so it was his fault.

And of course that ridiculously high number of losses would decrease slightly over time, and it did starting in March 2009...which Obama and the dems conveniently took credit for the decrease in job losses.