The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Interesting, did you read the article?
It's obvious that lolzies obsessively searches the headlines and looks for anything that's in any way anti-Trump, or sorta looks anti-Trumpish, and then he cuts and pastes.

Of course he doesn't ever read a single word of the article under the headline.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
None of these stupid fucks have ever run a business FOR PROFIT or used leverage to negotiate

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Too many jobs...

After being one of the 4 million people who got laid off in the first few months after the 2008 election...it was a fuckin nightmare looking for work again. "Meaningful" work too...not temporary census work or very part-time...we still had bills to pay and debt began to pile on. That leads to stress and anxiety. What a fuckin awful time that was.

I would rarely get a "thank you for applying". I did follow up on a bunch, to which one told me that she had over 100 applicants and she couldnt give me a status on my application. No one could...too many applicants...many more qualified for the positions than me. I remember the back and forth over extending unemployment benefits and how long you should be able to collect. I think it had been a good two years for some. Granted, I was able to find a few side jobs (which each of them didnt amount to much but they certainly help inflate Obama's bogus job creation tally), and I didn't finally find meaningful employment until 2014.

But I would've loved to live in this economy...where there's plenty of jobs and companies begging for people, when ten years ago, it was the exact opposite. I couldn't even get a piece of that $800B in stimulus that the Democrats pissed away.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Loljikal would have much preferred we fell into a new great depression I guess
I think Bush and Obama spent a shitload of cash that ultimately prevented an economic catastrophe. $80B+ per month to "shore up" our economy, plus the bailouts. ARRA was just $800B spent to pay off left wing special interests and coffers (it originally was in the $2-$3 trillion range). That was alot of money to print and we survived it...though the debt sure is still a problem.

I think Bush and Obama spent a shitload of cash that ultimately prevented an economic catastrophe. $80B+ per month to "shore up" our economy, plus the bailouts. ARRA was just $800B spent to pay off left wing special interests and coffers (it originally was in the $2-$3 trillion range). That was alot of money to print and we survived it...though the debt sure is still a problem.
Obama's stimulus/ARRA/Cash for clunkers, etc. were of middling benefit at best. Bush keeping AIG and Goldman Sachs from collapsing kept the stock market from fully panicking and wiping out everyone's earnings.

Pickle

If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.

They were talking about the census on NPR and mentioned in passing they can't hire enough census takers because of the tight labor market. But, their headline was "census rasis, orange man bad."

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
If history has tought us anything it's that the more govt intervention and meddling, the better.. whatever the intentions are. We know that the economy has been propped up for many years covering the bad wagers of the 'too big to failers'. Now wighead is stepping in to make the problem many times worse. The collapse will be epic. And it will happen soon as it's been long overdue. Welcome to the fugg.

Southtown

But its all due to Obama era policies *rollseyes*

I cant believe they actually believe that shit

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
But its all due to Obama era policies *rollseyes*

I cant believe they actually believe that shit
I have a couple FB friends who go "DURRRR TRUMP BAD" whenever the market sells off and who otherwise say "DUUURRR TRUMP JUST BENEFITING FROM OBAMA'S GREAT ECONOMY" when things look really good. Its like clockwork every time

Southtown

Everything that went wrong in Barrys presidency for all eight fucking years was Bushs fault. Everything good that happens during Trumps is due to Barry O. The left like to say Trump fans are a bunch of dumb sheep, and its amazing to me how they can say that with a straight face with the idol worship they bestow on King Barry and Queen Mitch-ell

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Everything that went wrong in Barrys presidency for all eight fucking years was Bushs fault. Everything good that happens during Trumps is due to Barry O. The left like to say Trump fans are a bunch of dumb sheep, and its amazing to me how they can say that with a straight face with the idol worship they bestow on King Barry and Queen Mitch-ell
Yep. I remember the debate they would have over "when is this going to be considered the Obama economy...and no longer the Bush economy?". And like you said, it was always a moving target. Bad news? "Still working out the policies of George W. Bush". Good news? "This is all thanks to Obama!" He was a failure from day one. Literally. His first two days in office, he signed two executive orders to close Gitmo and to force his office to be more open and transparent with FOIA requests and completely open book. That didn't go so well. Yet the media refused to attack him on it and cover anything negative. Just keep providing cover.

They'll also ignore and bury his gaffes. Just the other day, I was looking up that Kimmel clip of Obama reading Trump's tweet about how awful a President he is and he proudly asserted that at least he will go down as being President and then dropped the mic. That ends up becoming one of the most embarrassing moments for anyone on television. That clip would be plastered EVERYWHERE and really, it's not hard to find, but...it is given how damning and substantial it is.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
The only great moment during Obama's blundering 8 years was when Bin Laden finally was tracked down and shot. But even that was a little strained for me to fully enjoy because Barry was immediately out strutting around like a peacock like he was the one who rappelled down and pulled the trigger

lajikal

The only great moment during Obama's blundering 8 years was when Bin Laden finally was tracked down and shot. But even that was a little strained for me to fully enjoy because Barry was immediately out strutting around like a peacock like he was the one who rappelled down and pulled the trigger
@KRSOne comment? :haha7:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
That reminds me...when they proclaimed that Obama made a "gutsy call", and next thing you know, gutsycall.com redirected to his campaign website and I think was owned by his campaign for awhile there. Fuckin ponderous.

That was a great week for him, because he also released his birth certificate that same week, which the friendly media and Hollywood used to embarrass all of his critics. That gave him all of the momentum going into 2012...I mean, the only thing that could've derailed it would be for say, them leaving a US Ambassador and other Americans to die in a terror attack on foreign soil or something. Of course, they could always blame it on some American with anti-Muslim propaganda, that may work.

5skin

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-debt-idUSKCN1UD0KD

A key gauge of China’s debt has topped 300% of gross domestic product, according to the Institute of International Finance (IIF), as Beijing steps up support for the cooling economy while trying to contain financial risks.

China’s total corporate, household and government debt rose to 303% of GDP in the first quarter of 2019, from 297% in the same period a year earlier, the IIF said in a report this week which highlighted rising debt levels worldwide.

The IIF is a private global financial industry association, based in Washington.

“While authorities’ efforts to curb shadow bank lending (particularly to smaller companies) have prompted a cutback in non-financial corporate debt, net borrowing in other sectors has brought China’s total debt to over $40 trillion - some 15% of all global debt,” the report said.

“Of note, onshore bond issuance suggests a big pickup in borrowing by local governments and banks this year.”

China’s economic growth slowed to 6.2% in the second quarter, its weakest pace in at least 27 years, as demand at home and abroad faltered in the face of mounting U.S. trade pressure.

domelogic

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-debt-idUSKCN1UD0KD

A key gauge of China’s debt has topped 300% of gross domestic product, according to the Institute of International Finance (IIF), as Beijing steps up support for the cooling economy while trying to contain financial risks.

China’s total corporate, household and government debt rose to 303% of GDP in the first quarter of 2019, from 297% in the same period a year earlier, the IIF said in a report this week which highlighted rising debt levels worldwide.

The IIF is a private global financial industry association, based in Washington.

“While authorities’ efforts to curb shadow bank lending (particularly to smaller companies) have prompted a cutback in non-financial corporate debt, net borrowing in other sectors has brought China’s total debt to over $40 trillion - some 15% of all global debt,” the report said.

“Of note, onshore bond issuance suggests a big pickup in borrowing by local governments and banks this year.”

China’s economic growth slowed to 6.2% in the second quarter, its weakest pace in at least 27 years, as demand at home and abroad faltered in the face of mounting U.S. trade pressure.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-19/something-just-broke-china-repo-rate-soars-1000-overnight

Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight