The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald
Getting trucks loaded to send to the elevator today as corn is at $4.02, up $.31 from last year at this time. That's a mid six figure raise here.

Thanks Trump!

5skin

Honeywell is call canvassing our area looking for workers to put power meters together. Starting wages range from $2400 every two weeks on 8 hour shifts to $3500 every two weeks on 12 hour shifts. Most Saturdays mandatory, Sundays optional.
Also in need of employees is Cargill packing meats you find in Sam's and Costco. $15-18hr to start.
Conagra popcorn plant packaging Act 2 popcorn. $18-22hr.
Lloyd Inc compounding and packaging veterinary supplements. $18-25hr+ 401k and profit sharing.
Welders at H&H $15.
Lisle Corp tool makers $15-18.
Shopping cart factory $15.
Kitchen Klatter $15+
Sire ethanol plant $18+
And driver's wanted $20+

Rent cost in Nebraska City area is $500-800 monthly.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Honeywell is call canvassing our area looking for workers to put power meters together. Starting wages range from $2400 every two weeks on 8 hour shifts to $3500 every two weeks on 12 hour shifts. Most Saturdays mandatory, Sundays optional.
Also in need of employees is Cargill packing meats you find in Sam's and Costco. $15-18hr to start.
Lloyd Inc compounding and packaging veterinary supplements. $18-25hr+ 401k and profit sharing.
Welders at H&H $15.
Kitchen Klatter $15+
Sire ethanol plant $18+
And driver's wanted $20+

Imagine that, a $15 minimum wage without having to legislate it.

My company is upping it's minimum starting wage by 15% this year. They raised it by 15% last year also.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Welders at H&H $15.
Kitchen Klatter $15+
Sire ethanol plant $18+
And driver's wanted $20+

Any jobs for feminist studies majors?

maz

TRueWDTer
I'd take the popcorn packing job at $18-22 over the welding job at $15

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
If I need a job that requires that
I don't want that job
Lol, I did worse I spent countless hours in one of these

But much rattier looking and the air always had a really funny smell

maz

TRueWDTer
Lol, I did worse I spent countless hours in one of these

But much rattier looking and the air always had a really funny smell

Well
That explains some things
I could never be a fireman either
That shit's just too hot to wear

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Well
That explains some things
I could never be a fireman either
That shit's just too hot to wear
What was really weird about the sand blasting helmet was that the air supply would blow on your head, and while it did stink like the inside of a rusty can, the air was usually cool, so it could be 90 degrees out, you’re suited up in a tyvek and the apron and it wasn’t overly uncomfortable, unlike painting with a respirator, wearing a full paint suit, that’s just horrible

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
$15 for a certified welder is dirt cheap. For $15 you might get a rod monkey who can strike arcs but don't expect much of a bead.

5skin

$15 for a certified welder is dirt cheap. For $15 you might get a rod monkey who can strike arcs but don't expect much of a bead.
They're not looking for certified, just people to show up every day to assemble trailers. No fancy hoods either, they leave covered head to toe in black spot. No drug test or background check of any sort, just show up. It's a shitty place to work but tweakers rotate in and out.

5skin

Factory work like that Is mind numbing, I will take the welding job
It's factory work assembling trailers, everything it cut, clamped, and ready for you to weld. They want that wire moving at all times. Filthy conditions but fantastic meth discounts.

Their end product are pretty nice trailers. Last week picked up a new 14' dump with drop axles, tarp and steel protector, spare tire, and 110v charging system for $7400 out the gate.
Over the years the only thing I've had fail on their trailers is the lift springs break. 1999 open, 2001 enclosed, 2008 enclosed models. The sell for me in 2001 was an enclosed rolling into a creek in Colorado with a show car in it and the car undamaged inside the crinkled trailer. That and a suburban not deflecting the ramp door and fitting inside.

5skin

Imagine that, a $15 minimum wage without having to legislate it.

My company is upping it's minimum starting wage by 15% this year. They raised it by 15% last year also.
Subway starts at $15.
Lowe's delayed opening a new store in West Omaha because they couldn't find enough help starting at $18.
Hell the nursery rats at Earl May get $15 even.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
They're not looking for certified, just people to show up every day to assemble trailers. No fancy hoods either, they leave covered head to toe in black spot. No drug test or background check of any sort, just show up. It's a shitty place to work but tweakers rotate in and out.
Sounds like shit I would never trust. Tweaker assembled trailers....no thanks

5skin

Sounds like shit I would never trust. Tweaker assembled trailers....no thanks
All of mine have been great trailers. Maybe rural tweakers do better work then them there city tweakers.
They're 30 miles away and have 30-40 acres of trailers ready to go so I can get what I need quickly.
And I like the Hull boys, fun guys.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Unemployment is so low right now, that just about everybody who's currently unemployed, is basically unemployable. Even the formerly-unemployable, the shitheads with neck tattoos and the like, are getting hired.

I saw a waiter at a pretty-upscale restaurant the other night, and the retard had tattoos all over his hands. I can tell you for just about a guaranteed fact that he would NOT have been hired 3 years ago with his grubby hand tattoos.

The acceptance of retarded tattoos hasn't suddenly become more lax in the last three years, but the desperation for manpower has certainly increased dramatically.

In my line of work, fixing medical equipment, there are ranks like Tech 1(shop monkey) Tech 2(4+ years of experience), and Tech 3(8+ years of experience), and Tech 4(12+ years). They just hired a guy who was a bench tech who never worked a day in a hospital, and they hired him as a Tech 2, because they were so desperate to get a warm body hired. Fucked up part, they tasked a Tech 1 with training him. The Tech 1 has two years of experience, and he was PISSED that he was teaching a noob who was getting paid more than he was, and so he went and bitched to the corporate drones, and they promoted him to Tech 2.

So yeah, everybody saw what was happening, so everybody bitched, and so they promoted everybody. Didn't even hesitate. They're so scared of losing techs, that they just kicked everybody up a notch across the board, basically without a peep.

All praise be unto His High Orangeosity.

ysr50

Donator
Unemployment is so low right now, that just about everybody who's currently unemployed, is basically unemployable. Even the formerly-unemployable, the shitheads with neck tattoos and the like, are getting hired.

I saw a waiter at a pretty-upscale restaurant the other night, and the retard had tattoos all over his hands. I can tell you for just about a guaranteed fact that he would NOT have been hired 3 years ago with his grubby hand tattoos.

The acceptance of retarded tattoos hasn't suddenly become more lax in the last three years, but the desperation for manpower has certainly increased dramatically.

In my line of work, fixing medical equipment, there are ranks like Tech 1(shop monkey) Tech 2(4+ years of experience), and Tech 3(8+ years of experience), and Tech 4(12+ years). They just hired a guy who was a bench tech who never worked a day in a hospital, and they hired him as a Tech 2, because they were so desperate to get a warm body hired. Fucked up part, they tasked a Tech 1 with training him. The Tech 1 has two years of experience, and he was PISSED that he was teaching a noob who was getting paid more than he was, and so he went and bitched to the corporate drones, and they promoted him to Tech 2.

So yeah, everybody saw what was happening, so everybody bitched, and so they promoted everybody. Didn't even hesitate. They're so scared of losing techs, that they just kicked everybody up a notch across the board, basically without a peep.

All praise be unto His High Orangeosity.
Chances are that sort of policy will bite them in the ass. I see some similar stuff in my field, we police our own and don't let anyone we don't know do anything safety critical regardless of what management may want.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Chances are that sort of policy will bite them in the ass. I see some similar stuff in my field, we police our own and don't let anyone we don't know do anything safety critical regardless of what management may want.
Oh, it's already biting them in the ass hard.

The corporate drones are playing the game where they think replacing a tech with 12 years of experience with a noob who has never stepped foot in a hospital engineering shop is an even Steven deal.

"Lost a guy, but replaced him with another guy. Problem solved."

Meanwhile, the noob guy just walks around the hospital all day, collects broken equipment he doesn't know how to fix, and piles it up in the shop. We have that situation unfolding in 3 different hospitals right now, and the piles of broken shit are getting so tall they're falling over like Jenga towers.

Literally. There are piles of broken medical equipment literally toppling over. We have a guy who just went out on disability, because a pile fell over, and an infusion pump landed on his foot.

He has a foot thing on his foot.