The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
It's like too good to be true. We were planning on tapping into the 529s a year ago to pay college tuition, but then a wonderful Cheeto-hued miracle happened, and we've been paying the tuition by merely skimming the Emperor-given cream off of the top.

The dazzling radiance of Barnfuld Frump's aura has paid for an entire year of my kid's college, and counting. And my kid's college tuition is fucking frighteningly expensive... like terrifying. I had expected to be balls deep into the 529 barrel by now.. but the barrel is not only still full, it doth floweth over.

Bless you, heavenly Allfather. Bless your soul.

Thanks for the bump, lolzjikal.

Update time!!!!

The 529 remains unsullied a year later.

My other kid is starting college next month, so we're going to have to tap the college fund for that for the first time, but, thanks to a hefty scholarship, and the sick gains of the MAGA economy that's keeping my financial guns swole, I'll just be paying my one kid's tuition with the 529, the other kid's tuition will continue to be paid with the Emperor-given cream skimmed off the top of my Scrooge McDuck loot pile.

All praise be unto Cheeto God.

How about you, @lajikal? How's that government cheese tasting? Still salty?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Thanks for the bump, lolzjikal.

Update time!!!!

The 529 remains unsullied a year later.

My other kid is starting college next month, so we're going to have to tap the college fund for that for the first time, but, thanks to a hefty scholarship, and the sick gains of the MAGA economy that's keeping my financial guns swole, I'll just be paying my one kid's tuition with the 529, the other kid's tuition will continue to be paid with the Emperor-given cream skimmed off the top of my Scrooge McDuck loot pile.

All praise be unto Cheeto God.

How about you, @lajikal? How's that government cheese tasting? Still salty?
Good luck paying for college after you’ve had to pay 6 cents more for your next gallon of milk.

lajikal

Hopefully, this thread has a bit more positive (real, not made up) news than it's predecessor...The Obama Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread ( credit to @Vyce who hasn't signed on since July ).

Trump has inherited an excellent, and very healthy American economy...unemployment under 5%...over 15 million jobs created under Obama...slow, yet steady GDP growth...20 million Obamacare signups, and very healthy markets...we have alot to thank Obama for.
:action-sm

In America, wage growth is getting wiped out entirely by inflation
August 10

In this Tuesday, July 17, 2018, photograph, applicants chat with potential employers during a jobs fair at Minneapolis International Airport in Minneapolis. On Tuesday, Aug. 6, the Labor Department reports on job openings and labor turnover for June. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the Labor Department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have failed to keep pace with inflation.

Inflation rose 2.9 percent from July 2017 to July 2018, the department reported, while average hourly pay increased 2.7 percent over the same period.

The lack of real wage gains comes despite a strong economy, with sustained growth and an unemployment rate of 3.9 percent — one of the lowest levels in decades.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

The core rate of inflation over the past 12 months jumped to 2.4%, the highest rate since September 2008.

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/stocks-slide-amid-currency-crisis-in-turkey-14679908

Creasy Bear

Donator

August 10

In this Tuesday, July 17, 2018, photograph, applicants chat with potential employers during a jobs fair at Minneapolis International Airport in Minneapolis. On Tuesday, Aug. 6, the Labor Department reports on job openings and labor turnover for June. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the Labor Department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have failed to keep pace with inflation.

Inflation rose 2.9 percent from July 2017 to July 2018, the department reported, while average hourly pay increased 2.7 percent over the same period.

The lack of real wage gains comes despite a strong economy, with sustained growth and an unemployment rate of 3.9 percent — one of the lowest levels in decades.

The Fed raised interest rates again to try and slow things down, but the MAGA economy is a runaway train, and the inflation rate is the white hot glow from the brake pads.

These are "problems" Obama never had to deal with.

Celebrate the good times with me, lolziezies...

Ready? Waaaaait for it. Waaaaait for it, aaaaaaand...

I love you Donald J. Trump!

Creasy Bear

Donator
Damn. Lolzie put a frownie face in my sticker book. Why does #winning make him such a Grumpy Gus?

Creasy Bear

Donator
And now this zero-post-count @michmash bastard put a frownine face in my sticker book! Goddam lolzie is using sock puppet accounts to fuck up my wackbag fang shui!

Collusion!

I demand a special council be convened, and a full investigation be launched!

Cull-ew-shin! Inpeach the mods!

Creasy Bear

Donator
Sonsabitches! It's a vast conspiracy to frownie up my sticker book I tells ya!

Russian bots! Collusion! Guccifer 2.0! Server hacks! Wikileaks!

I demand that Mueller indicts every last one of you hacking bastards!

domelogic

August 10

Funny thing is happening in my industry, wages are going up if you experienced. I know of 10 people from my company who switched to another company (last 6 months) and averaged over 20k bumps in salary. It is making me think of looking.

If you are not getting what you think you are worth from your current company, don’t blame inflation. Look in the mirror and try and do something about it. These large increases are not happening because the economy sucks lol wut

lajikal

:eek:

Wells Fargo plans to cut up to 10% of workforce in the next 3 years
AP
  • Wells Fargo plans to lower its employee headcount by 5 percent to 10 percent in the next three years.
  • The bank has 265,000 employees, meaning the reduction would result in a loss of between 13,250 and 26,500 jobs.
  • The move is part of the third largest U.S. bank's "ongoing transformation" after multiple scandals across major business units in the past two years.

Wells Fargo, the third-biggest U.S. bank, plans to lower its employee headcount by 5 percent to 10 percent in the next three years as part of its ongoing turnaround plan, the company announced Thursday.
The bank has 265,000 employees, meaning the reduction would result in a loss of between 13,250 and 26,500 jobs.

"We are continuing to transform Wells Fargo to deliver what customers want -- including innovative, customer-friendly products and services — and evolving our business model to meet those needs in a more streamlined and efficient manner," the bank's Chief Executive Officer Tim Sloan said in a press release.

The decline will be a mix of displacements and team member attrition, Sloan said.

The move is part of Wells Fargo's "ongoing transformation, which addresses industry trends and changes in customer behavior," Sloan said. The company, which has $1.9 trillion in assets, blamed changing customer preferences, including the "adoption of digital self-service capabilities," as a key catalyst.

Bobobie

They sold off their 52 franchises in the Midwest earlier this year and guess what ... it reduced their workforce. :eek:

They changed the signs and the next day they were working for Flagstar. That's what they are doing. They are selling Franchises that are marginal or low profit and concentrating on more profitable and expanding markets.

:eek:

Wells Fargo plans to cut up to 10% of workforce in the next 3 years
AP
  • Wells Fargo plans to lower its employee headcount by 5 percent to 10 percent in the next three years.

• The bank has 265,000 employees, meaning the reduction would result in a loss of between 13,250 and 26,500 jobs.
  • The move is part of the third largest U.S. bank's "ongoing transformation" after multiple scandals across major business units in the past two years.

Wells Fargo, the third-biggest U.S. bank, plans to lower its employee headcount by 5 percent to 10 percent in the next three years as part of its ongoing turnaround plan, the company announced Thursday.
The bank has 265,000 employees, meaning the reduction would result in a loss of between 13,250 and 26,500 jobs.

"We are continuing to transform Wells Fargo to deliver what customers want -- including innovative, customer-friendly products and services — and evolving our business model to meet those needs in a more streamlined and efficient manner," the bank's Chief Executive Officer Tim Sloan said in a press release.

The decline will be a mix of displacements and team member attrition, Sloan said.

The move is part of Wells Fargo's "ongoing transformation, which addresses industry trends and changes in customer behavior," Sloan said. The company, which has $1.9 trillion in assets, blamed changing customer preferences, including the "adoption of digital self-service capabilities," as a key catalyst.

lajikal

OH SNAP!! TRADE WARZ!! :haha7:

China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S. Amid Escalation in Tariff Threats
Move comes after U.S. announces to tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods

By
Lingling Wei
Updated Sept. 22, 2018 12:08 a.m. ET

China scotched trade talks with the U.S. that were planned for the coming days, according to people briefed on the matter, further dimming prospects for resolving a trade battle between the world’s two largest economies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-...-amid-escalation-of-tariff-threats-1537581226

Creasy Bear

Donator
OH SNAP!! TRADE WARZ!! :haha7:

China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S. Amid Escalation in Tariff Threats
Move comes after U.S. announces to tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods

By
Lingling Wei
Updated Sept. 22, 2018 12:08 a.m. ET

China scotched trade talks with the U.S. that were planned for the coming days, according to people briefed on the matter, further dimming prospects for resolving a trade battle between the world’s two largest economies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-...-amid-escalation-of-tariff-threats-1537581226
The markets are terrified.

I made about 10 times more money not working this month than I did at work.

How's Uncle Sugar's poverty cheese treatin' ya, lolzies? It grill pretty good?

Last edited:

lajikal

Mattress Firm Files for Bankruptcy and Will Close 700 Stores
October 5, 2018

The chain said it plans to remain in business, but it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to get out of about 700 unfavorable leases.

The company said it will quickly close 200 underperforming stores and make decisions about whether to close or maintain the other 500 stores in the coming weeks. It currently has more than 3,300 stores in the United States.

Mattress Firm plans to exit bankruptcy in about two months. It hopes that the liquidity gained from the bankruptcy allows it to expand into more favorable markets and even open some new stores in existing markets.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Mattress Firm Files for Bankruptcy and Will Close 700 Stores
October 5, 2018

The chain said it plans to remain in business, but it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to get out of about 700 unfavorable leases.

The company said it will quickly close 200 underperforming stores and make decisions about whether to close or maintain the other 500 stores in the coming weeks. It currently has more than 3,300 stores in the United States.

Mattress Firm plans to exit bankruptcy in about two months. It hopes that the liquidity gained from the bankruptcy allows it to expand into more favorable markets and even open some new stores in existing markets.
The online "mattress in a box" business model is killing the brick and mortar mattress stores.

But let's pretend it's The MAGA economy that's killing mattress stores. Let's ignore the graph I posted above, and play make believe. Won't that be fun?

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
The online "mattress in a box" business model is killing the brick and mortar mattress stores.

But let's pretend it's The MAGA economy that's killing mattress stores. Let's ignore the graph I posted above, and play make believe. Won't that be fun?
I always thought there were WAAAAYYYY TOO MANY mattress firm stores. I’d see one in every town and wonder how they’d stay in business with how many there were saturated in the area.

And yep, bed in a box is much simpler and quite frankly a better business model anyway.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
There's about as many Mattress Firms within 10 miles of me as there are supermarkets. You could close half of them and there would still be a glut in the market

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
There's about as many Mattress Firms within 10 miles of me as there are supermarkets. You could close half of them and there would still be a glut in the market
There are so many Mattress Firms there is an online conspiracy, that I believe is partly true, that they are a front for money laundering.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Nope, you people are mistaken. A mattress company clearly went bankrupt because Trump tanked the economy with record low unemployment, and record high GDP growth, and Americans have no money to buy mattresses, and they're sleeping on park benches.