The Trump Economy Super Fun Time Happy Thread

Have you ever noticed whenever you go into a mattress store it is just you and the staff, usually one guy in a rumpled suit from sitting around all day doing nothing.

Except sleeping on foam sucks.

Foam pillows and mattresses trap all my body heat and make me sweat like the dickens.
Real latex foam mattress and pillows. Expensive, but totally worth it. We had our mattress custom made at a place in town, and my stupid pillows were like $50 each, but they are awesome.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I've never bothered to look, but yeah, there are like a dozen mattress places within 13 miles of my house. What the fuck...

Wonder if the Q guy knows why....

MurphCO

Donator
Mattress stores are money laundering operations

Every closed 7-11 in the country was converted to a mattress store when gas stations started selling soda and chips

lajikal

Ford is planning cuts to its salaried workforce

• Ford plans to cut some of its 70,000 salaried jobs in an effort to improve efficiency.
  • The stock has fallen 26.9 percent since the beginning of the year, and was just over $9 a share on Friday afternoon.
CNBC

Reuters
Ford Motor Company president and CEO James Hackett

Ford said Friday that it is planning cut to its salaried workforce in an effort to make the company more efficient.
The news was reported Friday in both the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press, but confirmed with CNBC.

The company does not yet know how many jobs it plans to cut, the company said. But it expects to have more details by the second quarter of 2019. Ford said it employs 70,000 salaried workers.

CEO Jim Hackett has said the second-largest U.S. automaker needs to improve its financial health.

Shares of Ford ended the day down less than 1 percent at $9.12. The stock has fallen about 27 percent since the beginning of the year.

Ford hired Hackett in early 2017 after seeing its stock languish under previous management, despite delivering several profitable quarters. However, since then some investors have grown frustrated with what they say is a lack of a specific plans to improve the company's outlook. The shares have fallen from a 52-week high of $13.33 set on Jan. 16 to a 52-week low of $9.09 on Thursday.

lajikal

Nope, you people are mistaken. A mattress company clearly went bankrupt because Trump tanked the economy with record low unemployment, and record high GDP growth, and Americans have no money to buy mattresses, and they're sleeping on park benches.
This guy is spot on.

Plunkies

Ford is planning cuts to its salaried workforce

• Ford plans to cut some of its 70,000 salaried jobs in an effort to improve efficiency.
  • The stock has fallen 26.9 percent since the beginning of the year, and was just over $9 a share on Friday afternoon.
CNBC

Reuters
Ford Motor Company president and CEO James Hackett

Ford said Friday that it is planning cut to its salaried workforce in an effort to make the company more efficient.
The news was reported Friday in both the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press, but confirmed with CNBC.

The company does not yet know how many jobs it plans to cut, the company said. But it expects to have more details by the second quarter of 2019. Ford said it employs 70,000 salaried workers.

CEO Jim Hackett has said the second-largest U.S. automaker needs to improve its financial health.

Shares of Ford ended the day down less than 1 percent at $9.12. The stock has fallen about 27 percent since the beginning of the year.

Ford hired Hackett in early 2017 after seeing its stock languish under previous management, despite delivering several profitable quarters. However, since then some investors have grown frustrated with what they say is a lack of a specific plans to improve the company's outlook. The shares have fallen from a 52-week high of $13.33 set on Jan. 16 to a 52-week low of $9.09 on Thursday.
Shockingly, for once, this is actually Trump's fault. You see, prior to Trump's election, Ford was investing 1.6 billion on an auto plant in Mexico to take advantage of NAFTA. After Trump's election, due to his economic policies, they scrapped the Mexican plant and expanded in Michigan instead. So you see, the only reason these jobs exist to be lost, is because of Trump. Orange man bad.

mascan42

Mattress stores are money laundering operations
Yeah, I saw that video, too. The more likely explanation is that mattresses are a really high profit margin item, and it doesn't really matter if there's only one or two people in the store at any given time.

Plus, Mattress Firm is over-expanding and acquiring too many competitors too quickly. That combined with the growing mattress-in-a-box market will probably see them take a major hit in the next year or so.

MurphCO

Donator
Ford is dying under the weight of pensions

My brother works for Ford and is some kind of regional manager thing, he has like 5 more years before he draws and he will be 63, likely love to 80 something.... close to 20 years of pension or more

Haeder

South Dakota
Except sleeping on foam sucks.

Foam pillows and mattresses trap all my body heat and make me sweat like the dickens.
My Tempur Pedic bed is the greatest thing ever made. It is amazing. Not hot. Perfect comfort. Vibrates. Adjustable base. Greatest invention ever - Tempur foam.

Feather pillow is a winner too. Might try a My Pillow sometime if I can get beyond the owner being a horrible Trump supporter.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator

My brother works for Ford and is some kind of regional manager thing, he has like 5 more years before he draws and he will be 63, likely love to 80 something.... close to 20 years of pension or more
GM got to slash the pension load about in half during the bankruptcy restructuring. The Franks got royally screwed. They got about half the pension they were counting on.

A company just can't operate under the UAW pension load, it's just a massive money sump.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

hes got no one to blame but himself and his fellow employees for that. Their Union strong armed Ford into that pension deal thinking that not only the golden age of American automotive dominance would never end but people would keep buying cars and trucks at an astronomical rate. Giving no thought to glut of good used cars available it would cause nor that it would become a viable market because of that. I know people that make great money that only buy used cars. Why buy brand new when you can get a sub 50k mile equivalent for less than half the price. I bought my truck brand new. Had 200mi on (dealership had to drive it from MD to NJ for me to buy it) when i got it. NEVER AGAIN. i looked up my trucks bluebook value a month later. The sticker price was about $38,000 when i got it. One month and 1,200mi later it was worth about $28,000. What bullshit. I could used my trade in ($14,500) and spent a few grand more (i financed 15,400) and got an extended cab f250 xlt 4x4 with an 8' bed 5.4 v8 leather top of the line radio Bluetooth ect and twice the hauling ability and a solid front axle instead of IFS with 40k mi (i got a f150 xlt 4x4 reg cab 8' bed with a 5.4 v8 cloth seats and basic cd radio) for my money.

MurphCO

Donator
He could give two shits, he knows he fell into a gold mine with that pension...he pays as much as he can into it so he can retire ASAP

On the flip side, all that shit you just mentioned with the truck purchase, since he is an employee I get vehicles A-Plan pricing which is basically invoice. The last F-150 Platinum I bought I drove for a year and got more for it when I traded it in than I paid for it originally.

I’ve bought like 4 or 5 different vehicles from Ford with the A-Plan pricing and every time the dealership gets pissy with me, I don’t play into their games. A couple of months ago I bought another commuter, traded in my previous commuter, they asked me what car I was looking to buy....tsk tsk, nope....tell me my trade in value motherfucker.....what do you want to drive while they appraise it? A Raptor.....what is my trade value?.....$25k....ok now I want to drive that Escape, because fuck you and by the way I am A-Plan....b b b but....eat it motherfucker

Creasy Bear

Donator
hes got no one to blame but himself and his fellow employees for that. Their Union strong armed Ford into that pension deal thinking that not only the golden age of American automotive dominance would never end but people would keep buying cars and trucks at an astronomical rate. Giving no thought to glut of good used cars available it would cause nor that it would become a viable market because of that. I know people that make great money that only buy used cars. Why buy brand new when you can get a sub 50k mile equivalent for less than half the price. I bought my truck brand new. Had 200mi on (dealership had to drive it from MD to NJ for me to buy it) when i got it. NEVER AGAIN. i looked up my trucks bluebook value a month later. The sticker price was about $38,000 when i got it. One month and 1,200mi later it was worth about $28,000. What bullshit. I could used my trade in ($14,500) and spent a few grand more (i financed 15,400) and got an extended cab f250 xlt 4x4 with an 8' bed 5.4 v8 leather top of the line radio Bluetooth ect and twice the hauling ability and a solid front axle instead of IFS with 40k mi (i got a f150 xlt 4x4 reg cab 8' bed with a 5.4 v8 cloth seats and basic cd radio) for my money.
He could give two shits, he knows he fell into a gold mine with that pension...he pays as much as he can into it so he can retire ASAP

On the flip side, all that shit you just mentioned with the truck purchase, since he is an employee I get vehicles A-Plan pricing which is basically invoice. The last F-150 Platinum I bought I drove for a year and got more for it when I traded it in than I paid for it originally.

I’ve bought like 4 or 5 different vehicles from Ford with the A-Plan pricing and every time the dealership gets pissy with me, I don’t play into their games. A couple of months ago I bought another commuter, traded in my previous commuter, they asked me what car I was looking to buy....tsk tsk, nope....tell me my trade in value motherfucker.....what do you want to drive while they appraise it? A Raptor.....what is my trade value?.....$25k....ok now I want to drive that Escape, because fuck you and by the way I am A-Plan....b b b but....eat it motherfucker
You guys fucked up. You should've got a minivan.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
You guys fucked up. You should've got a minivan.
I actually want a minivan. Not only can my dog get in it easier than my truck but i can still haul most of the shit i do in construction. If i cant i can get it delivered

Creasy Bear

Donator
I actually want a minivan. Not only can my dog get in it easier than my truck but i can still haul most of the shit i do in construction. If i cant i can get it delivered
Get down with the minivan sickness.

MurphCO

Donator
I had a minivan when I was married to my ex-wife

Never again.....people cut me off left and right, no respect.....it was downright abusive