The Ultimate Fighter Season 6

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
this should be great. hughes apparently really acts like a prissy douche this season

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
The highlight of this season, to me, will be the fact Serra's going to get his ass kicked at the end of it.

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Wow - two posts - and two differing opinions :icon_mrgr

Personally - I'm very torn.

I started out being a BIG fan of Hughes.

Then I really got to like "homeboy" (right in my local LI community) Serra.

Its really hard for me to pick one over the other.

That said - it looks like (at least from the previews) that Hughes is trying to be gracious - while Serra is the one being the "dick".

We'll have to see as the season plays out.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
The whole Hughes/Serra thing doesn't mean much though 'cause GSP's taking back the belt.

Also I think it's going to be interesting how Serra's going to treat one of his own students being in the competition. It'd be fun to put him on Team Hughes.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
dana white says hughes is gona lose fans because of this season. maybe thats just hype, but its not hard to believe. he has a douchy attitude, with a little bit of bitchy to it. but I think hed beat serra pretty soundly

novalia

do not stare
Mar 14, 2005
can't wait.. love serra.. love hughes..
but serra is the champ..
hughes was a dick the last time he was on the show..
still liked him..

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Matt Hughes should eat some humble pie once in a while.

Go Team Serra!

av8rOC

ladies and gentleman...ehhhhh
Aug 26, 2002
Northport, NY
Hughes does come off like a dick, but confidence is so important at this level. Looking forward to tomorrow night, even though I will be on the road in a St. Louis hotel. Chances of them having spike are 50/50:(

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Hughes does come off like a dick, but confidence is so important at this level. Looking forward to tomorrow night, even though I will be on the road in a St. Louis hotel. Chances of them having spike are 50/50:(
Confidence is one thing, but Hughes is a prick. I thought he was a good trainer, but was too full of himself. You need confidence in the ring but arrogance will get get you knocked the fuck out.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
fan of both of them. I have to root for serra. 2 reasons. 1 I love the underdogs and 2 I'm a Renzo Gracie student and he was Renzo's 1st black belt in the US. Should be a great season by the previews I've seen.....my tevo is set. that is way to late for me to stay up, I need my beauty sleep

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
thx for starting the thread!

i just got home and checked my e-mail... woohoo got a UFC e-mail and was gonna start the thread myself, with the pix and all...

spotlight stealer you ;)

cant wait for tomorrow.

av8rOC

ladies and gentleman...ehhhhh
Aug 26, 2002
Northport, NY
Confidence is one thing, but Hughes is a prick. I thought he was a good trainer, but was too full of himself. You need confidence in the ring but arrogance will get get you knocked the fuck out.
Im not looking for a best friend or anything, I want my mma fighters to be tough SOB's who go out there and fuck people up. Plus his arrogance and the tension with serra is sure to make good tv.

On the flip side my favorite fighter is GSP and one of the reasons why is because he seems like a damn good guy, so I guess I am full of shit.:action-sm

novalia

do not stare
Mar 14, 2005
i hope serra can keep it light and not get into the whole "respect" argument..

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Im not looking for a best friend or anything, I want my mma fighters to be tough SOB's who go out there and fuck people up. Plus his arrogance and the tension with serra is sure to make good tv.

On the flip side my favorite fighter is GSP and one of the reasons why is because he seems like a damn good guy, so I guess I am full of shit.:action-sm

see thats what im sayin, i like GSP because he has a humble confidence about himself. Hughes just aggrovates the shit outta me cause of the way he carries himself around the other fighters. i know he deserves respect but its like he wants all the other fighters to suck his cock cause he is Matt Hughes.

I became to really like Serra because of his season. He was willing to train and help anyone because thats who he is.

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Crom I never would have seen this post if you didn't let me know about it.....I usually don't check this section...tanx
No problem. Apparently I'm a "spotlight stealer" :rolleyes:

fan of both of them. I have to root for serra. 2 reasons. 1 I love the underdogs and 2 I'm a Renzo Gracie student
Do you train at his academy on 30th street in Manhattan?

he was Renzo's 1st black belt in the US.
Yeah, he's a Gracie guy for sure. He has a school in East Meadow that I've looked into. I'm still at the Japanese Goshun Budo Jiu Jitsu school in Seaford for another year. Them I'm looking to switch to either a kickboxing or ground fighting school.

Should be a great season by the previews I've seen.....my tevo is set. that is way to late for me to stay up, I need my beauty sleep
I'll try to stay up (but as always, will be recording too).

thx for starting the thread!

i just got home and checked my e-mail... woohoo got a UFC e-mail and was gonna start the thread myself, with the pix and all...

spotlight stealer you ;)
The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog. :icon_wink

see thats what im sayin, i like GSP because he has a humble confidence about himself. Hughes just aggrovates the shit outta me cause of the way he carries himself around the other fighters. i know he deserves respect but its like he wants all the other fighters to suck his cock cause he is Matt Hughes.
Though I agree regarding GSP - I'd say that's a bit of an exaggeration in reference to Hughes.

Did you see the Tapout episide where they went to his farm in Iowa. He seems like a pretty decent guy to me. Plus, I was a wrestler first (like him) so I always usually root for the wrestlers who have transformed themselves into full MMA guys.

I became to really like Serra because of his season. He was willing to train and help anyone because thats who he is.
Though I also agree that he can put aside his "rivalies" to help others (for instance Shonie Carter) - he's also got a "stubborn dick" side to himself as well.

Look no further than his attitude towards Mark Laimon and Matt Hughes. He really went overboard with a lot of that.

But like Av8r says - the "animosity" makes for a more entertaining show. :icon_cool

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Though I agree regarding GSP - I'd say that's a bit of an exaggeration in reference to Hughes.

Did you see the Tapout episide where they went to his farm in Iowa. He seems like a pretty decent guy to me. Plus, I was a wrestler first (like him) so I always usually root for the wrestlers who have transformed themselves into full MMA guys.
i liked Huges alot and i did see that Tapout episode, but i think that around other fighters when he is in competition mode there is a whole nother side to him. from what it sounds like we will see that alot this season.

Though I also agree that he can put aside his "rivalies" to help others (for instance Shonie Carter) - he's also got a "stubborn dick" side to himself as well.

Look no further than his attitude towards Mark Laimon and Matt Hughes. He really went overboard with a lot of that.

But like Av8r says - the "animosity" makes for a more entertaining show.
When Serra won the belt it just showed me his character, and it really shined though.

And i agree that the animocity helps make the show great, i mean c'mon its a show about fighting there had better be a ton of tension, arguments and fights between everyone. im pumped for tonite.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
No problem. Apparently I'm a "spotlight stealer" :rolleyes: that sir, you are!

The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog. :icon_wink
hahaha... thank you for the lesson Cromwell-san.

----

cant wait for tonights show.
me n my buddy joe are goin to hooters round 7 and do some all you can eat wing wednesday & a beer, im such a health food junkie...:icon_roll , then comin home to watch the first episode, woo hoo!

i will record it and upload it via torrent later, for anyone not able to watch it.

i'll post back here with the torrnt info afterwards.

----

i really like hughes' fights, regardless of his demeaner(sp?)

i really am rooting for his team/him this season.

i like serra too, but i think mh is so much more of a monster in the ring.
i actually like serras attitude (as a person) better, from what ive ever seen of him on tv.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
no it's a satelite school. renzo's there once and a while. He's always at the nyc school. He's supposed to be opening another school in holmdel.
I'm pretty sure the one guy I know who fights was talking about leaving Rhino and going there if it opens.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Busted elbow and Roman still wants to fight because he's not a "poosee."