The Undefeated- The Sarah Palin Doc- July 15

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I know there are some steadfast defenders of her on the board, so sorry for saying this, but isn't this trailer kind of goofy? And I'm pretty sure they have a "fake" Obama in front of a Ozymandias Wall of Televisions around 1:24-1:25.

[yt]G-sxDcBpvx0[/yt]

She is just like a Marine.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
When "the establishment" is represented by shadowy old white guys smoking cigars, yes it's kind of goofy.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I guess this is why they don't make conservative movies or TV shows...

Palin’s ‘Undefeated’ tanks, heads to Pay-Per-View

By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket – 5 hrs ago

"The Undefeated," the documentary about Sarah Palin, appears to have suffered box office defeat.

The film opened in 10 locations last week and upped its exposure to 14 cities this weekend. But Reuters today reports that even as the number of screening venues increased, box office revenue has declined by more than 63 percent. It grossed only $24,000 this past weekend.

Victory Film Group and distributor ARC Entertainment announced Sunday that the doc about the former Alaska governor will be available via video on demand and pay-per-view starting Sept. 1. "ARC will continue to expand the limited engagement theatrical release nationwide throughout August and September as demand across the country remains high," the companies announced in a press release.

But reports such as the one in Reuters suggest lagging sales and attendance prompted the hasty pay-per-view push.

The film was largely panned by critics, despite invoking cheers from Palin supporters. Reports prior to this weekend indicated a per-screen average of $7,500, a figure Atlantic Wire editor Gabriel Snyder (former box office reporter for Variety) said last week was "not a number that anyone should brag about."

The companies backing the movie said in their release Sunday that per-screen averages were "above $11,000 in top markets."

Supporters hoped the film (which was made without Palin's participation) coupled with Palin's bus tour (which is currently stalled) would boost Palin's popularity ahead of her official 2012 decision. The potential candidate has stated she will announce her 2012 plans this August or September.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/palin-undefeated-tanks-heads-pay-per-view-193115807.html

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'd be the last to defend Sarah Palin, but the Conan O' Brien documentary that just came out a month ago is already available on PPV, so I don't think this is an uncommon practice for this kind of thing. Also, the Sarah Palin doc made twice as much in two weeks as "If a Tree Falls" made in 5. Sooooo....

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'd be the last to defend Sarah Palin, but the Conan O' Brien documentary that just came out a month ago is already available on PPV, so I don't think this is an uncommon practice for this kind of thing. Also, the Sarah Palin doc made twice as much in two weeks as "If a Tree Falls" made in 5. Sooooo....
Yeah, I wouldn't try to use this, as o&apartycock is trying to it would seem, as an indictment that conservative movies are/would be a failure at the box office.

What this IS, however, is a somewhat hilarious comeuppance to some of the more hardcore Palin cultists, who swore up and down that this movie would catch on like wildfire and "prove" to the general electorate that Sarah Palin is eminently qualified to be president. Um, no.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What this IS, however, is a somewhat hilarious comeuppance to some of the more hardcore Palin cultists, who swore up and down that this movie would catch on like wildfire and "prove" to the general electorate that Sarah Palin is eminently qualified to be president. Um, no.
Vyce, come now, you know when all else fails, blame the lamestream media.