The Unpeachment Thread

mascan42

ya don’t say. Amazin how this seems to happen all the time. Impeach!!

Yovanovitch communicated with Dem staffer on 'delicate' issue after complaint, emails show, despite testimony
Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, a key witness in House Democrats' impeachment inquiry, communicated via her personal email account with a Democratic congressional staffer concerning a "quite delicate" and "time-sensitive" matter -- just two days after the whistleblower complaint that kickstarted the inquiry was filed, and a month before the complaint became public, emails obtained Thursday by Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" show.

The emails appear to contradict Yovanovitch's deposition on Capitol Hill last month, in which she told U.S. Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., about an email she received Aug. 14 from the staffer, Laura Carey -- but indicated under oath that she never responded to it.

The communication came "from the Foreign Affairs Committee," and "they wanted me to come in and talk about, I guess, the circumstances of my departure" in May as ambassador to Ukraine, Yovanovitch testified, describing Carey's initial email. "I alerted the State Department, because I'm still an employee, and so, matters are generally handled through the State Department."

Yovanovitch continued: "So, she emailed me. I alerted the State Department and, you know, asked them to handle the correspondence. And, she emailed me again and said, you know, 'Who should I be in touch with?'"

Fox News is told it is a breach of normal procedure for congressional staff to reach out to a current State Department employee at their personal email address for official business.
Asked directly whether she responded to Carey's overtures, Yovanovitch testified only that someone in the "Legislative Affairs Office" at the State Department had responded to Carey, to the best of her knowledge.

Yovanovitch did not indicate that she had responded to Carey's first email in any way, and testified explicitly that she did not reply to Carey's follow-up email concerning whom she should contact at the State Department.

However, emails obtained by Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" showed that in fact, Yovanovitch had responded to Carey's initial Aug. 14 email, writing that she "would love to reconnect and look forward to chatting with you."

On Aug. 14, Carey reached out to Yovanovitch with pleasantries about the last time the two had "crossed paths" -- "when I was detailed to" the Senate Foreign Relations Committee -- before noting that Carey had resigned from the State Department to join the House Foreign Affairs Committee staff performing oversight work.
"I'm writing to see if you would have time to meet up for a chat — in particular, I’m hoping to discuss some Ukraine-related oversight questions we are exploring," Carey then wrote to Yovanovitch. "I'd appreciate the chance to ground-truth a few pieces of information with you, some of which are quite delicate/time-sensitive and, thus, we want to make sure we get them right."

Carey continued: "Could you let me know if you have any time this week or next to connect? Happy to come to a place of your choosing, or if easier, to speak by phone at either of the numbers below. I'm also around this weekend if meeting up over coffee works."
On Aug. 15, Yovanovitch responded: "Thanks for reaching out -- and congratulations on your new job. I would love to reconnect and look forward to chatting with you. I have let EUR [Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs] know that you are interested in talking and they will be in touch with you shortly."

On Aug. 19, Carey wrote, "Great -- thanks for the response and I look forward to hearing from them. As mentioned, it would be ideal to connect this week... assuming this week is doable for you schedule-wise?"
And yet, whenever these things happen, they completely deny, deny, deny until concrete evidence shows up, and then it becomes "but it's justified because Drumpf."

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
And yet, whenever these things happen, they completely deny, deny, deny until concrete evidence shows up, and then it becomes "but it's justified because Drumpf."
And the more often they play that card, and they WILL, the more likely the less retarded members of the left will wake up and see the truth.

domelogic

@Jim_Hickman13: I came forward to speak the truth w/respect to LTC Vindman, obviously going against the Dem & MSM message. So, the @nytimes Mike McIntire & Nicholas Confessore personally attacked me, a decorated Wounded Warrior from OIF & OEF, 100% T&P Disabled. #Truth
https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/08/...-jim-hickman-as-florida-man-and-fan-of-qanon/
Shared via TweetCaster
the theory is that Vindman is the person who gave the info to the”whistleblower” Of course the fake news media is going to smear Hickman. They don’t give a shit about women or blacks when they are conservative, why would they care about a military person who goes against the Dems. I pray the msm gets imploded more than I want to see arrests, well maybe not.(Cause you can do both)

domelogic

The whistleblower is now no big deal or the supposed second one for that matter, because all the “testimony” is out there. See how quickly the spin is. It pains me that there is a great amount of people in his country who are not awake.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
The whistleblower is now no big deal or the supposed second one for that matter, because all the “testimony” is out there. See how quickly the spin is. It pains me that there is a great amount of people in his country who are not awake.
Yup....doesn't matter who said it, it's out there and anything damning to Trump has to be 100% true because the media fact checks themselves and never gets anything wrong.

mascan42

The Republicans have put the whistleblower on their potential witness list. Presumably the Dems will do all they can to deny them the opportunity to question him, for whistleblower protection reasons.

What would be hilarious is if they put Ciaramella on their witness list, but only because of his expertise on the Ukraine, and never mention the whistleblower. Then watch the Dems twist themselves into knots trying to deny him while not saying it's because he's the whistleblower.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
The Republicans have put the whistleblower on their potential witness list. Presumably the Dems will do all they can to deny them the opportunity to question him, for whistleblower protection reasons.

What would be hilarious is if they put Ciaramella on their witness list, but only because of his expertise on the Ukraine, and never mention the whistleblower. Then watch the Dems twist themselves into knots trying to deny him while not saying it's because he's the whistleblower.
The day before his hearing, he's found hanging in his bedroom closet and it's because Trump wanted to silence his damning testimony.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
The day before his hearing, he's found hanging in his bedroom closet and it's because Trump wanted to silence his damning testimony.
That Schiff himself claims they no longer need. That would be the ultimate crotch kick.

TheLoon

articles of impeachment were brought up against Ford/Reagan/Bush sr/Bush Jr?
Thats news to me
The key word is introduced...not necessarily brought to the floor for a vote

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Is this whistleblower smart enough to realize he is in the top 5 current most likely to be suicided?

and

will that result in some new twist before they get the chance?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
The key word is introduced...not necessarily brought to the floor for a vote
Even introduced I don't recall. What did GW Senior ever do to get that going?

TheLoon

Even introduced I don't recall. What did GW Senior ever do to get that going?
Well they've "introduced" impeachment on Trump like 10 times already...just takes one lawmaker to bring it up for it to get that designation...they file a document then the speaker either brings it up for a vote or ignores it

TheLoon

They still haven't even brought actual impeachment up for a vote yet this time...just voted to officially investigate if they should...it's stall tactics

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
They still haven't even brought actual impeachment up for a vote yet this time...just voted to officially investigate if they should...it's stall tactics
Didn’t Cocaine Mitch bitchslap a Dem into stepping on his own dick when he forced an impeachment proposal to a vote, and even the hammerhead who floated the proposal voted NO on it rather than look like a mongo eating its own shit?

domelogic

I heard this in his presser. He said there was a second call with Zelensky which was actually the first call. He is releasing the transcript. I had not heard any mention there was another phone conversation until trump said it. If that is the first time then he be settin these fools up yo. This coming week is going to be fun me thinks. Paging mr Horowitz, you are the one that could make this week even better

domelogic

Someone doesn’t like how things are going so let’s get back to our old tricks. They really do need a new playbook

domelogic

Like I said this should be a fun week. The propaganda is strong right now

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Redundant? Isn't that what this whole impeachment thing is? What are you afraid of pussy?