The Verve to reunite

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
They're touring the UK and recording a new album. Hopefully, it's as good as their last 2 albums, and better than Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-verve/29261

The Verve reunite for tour

Richard Ashcroft and co write new songs

26.Jun.07 11:32am
The Verve are set to reunite for a winter tour.

The original band of Richard Ashcroft, Nick McCabe,Simon Jones and Pete Sailsbury have got together for the first time in almost a decade.

In a statement, the band have announced they were: "Getting back together for the joy of the music."

It is believed they will take a summer break and then return to the studio to complete their next album.

The band broke up in 1999, with the tumultuous relationship between Ashcroft and McCabe being well documented with the two exiting the band repeatedly since they began in 1993.

The band are set to play:

Glasgow Academy (November 2,3)
Blackpool Empress Ballroom (5,6)
London Roundhouse (8,9)

Tickets are set to go on sale on July 6.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
That's cool. I like the Bittersweet Symphony. The royalties they made off that song must be astounding.

Did anything else they did make it big over here?!

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Not a bad band...Urban Hymns was a great album. They weren't able to make any money off of Bittersweet Symphony and even the credits had been changed to Jagger/Richards. I'll give it a listen. They were big in the UK and 'Urban Hymns' made it's way up the charts in the US. Other than that, I don't think their earlier work really caught on here.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I only ever heard Urban Hymns. Does the rest of their stuff sound exactly like Noel Gallagher having a bad day?

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
fucking Jagger is a douche, took every royalty from a great song, just because the violen intro sounded a lil like a stones song... dont you have enough money you bass liped faggot.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Their early stuff is very trippy, more of an acid-rock feel. Think of the spacey stuff from Urban Hymns, but more spacey. "A Northern Soul" is a pretty decent album. It's kind of a mix between their early stuff and "Urban Hymns," which is fitting since it was the album before "Urban Hymns." Some of their earlier stuff is pretty good, but I prefer their last 2 albums more.

I only ever heard Urban Hymns. Does the rest of their stuff sound exactly like Noel Gallagher on a bad day?

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
fucking Jagger is a douche, took every royalty from a great song, just because the violen intro sounded a lil like a stones song... dont you have enough money you bass liped faggot.
Dude, the intro was taken from an actual recording of a performance of "The Last Time"....It's a little bit more than 'sounding a little like"

It is a great little song, though. Not really a fan of the rest of their work.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Dude, the intro was taken from an actual recording of a performance of "The Last Time"....It's a little bit more than 'sounding a little like"

It is a great little song, though. Not really a fan of the rest of their work.
" THE NEGROE" samples shit daily.....hes still a god damned rich cunt. The songs better than any stones song ever.

I dunno, I just hate The rolling stones.. HACKS.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
" THE NEGROE" samples shit daily.....hes still a god damned rich cunt. The songs better than any stones song ever.

I dunno, I just hate The rolling stones.. HACKS.

Totally agree. The Stones STINK!

Poor little band couldn't even make some cash on their one hit.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
So apparently no Simon Tong (he is still with The Good, The Bad, and The Queen)

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
Well, it's funny. I did college radio with a kid from London. He said that "the Verve were never going to reunite." He also said that "Urban Hymn's' was the band's reunion album." I had no idea about this. I used to listen to Rock Over London with Paul Sexton back when that album camre out. He never mentioned anything about the Verve breaking up and then coming back. I knew that they couldn't recover after 1999 and the whole Jagger/Richards debacle. Good for them reuniting though. I'd travel over there to see them play, but...ya know...terror.